IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15,048 Posts
Not on the boats I ridden up to 10 day. And I have never heard of that on a long ranger. Just soak in the RSW. Just saying

Reactions: Hanapa'a Time

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The RSW is 29 degrees from what I heard. Only time I saw them freeze fish was many years ago when they ran out of RSW room. I think that was on the Qualifier 105. I think all the boats I have ridden since then have more RSW space. The fish processor won’t take frozen fish. Can not fillet.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I’m glad the seat got filled with the guy who filled it. This is an awesome trip with a great bunch of guys.
Oh, stop it. You’re gonna make me blush….
This isn’t gonna suck. Kinda like the last couple times, I’m willing to bet.

Still gotta hit the liquor store, but otherwise in pretty good shape!

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Man bucket list trip is right! Awesome! Super excited to see the reports. Hope we get some live reports too. 🙏

I am on the Top Gun 80 for a 3 day Oct 21-24. My first San Diego big tuna/yellowtail type trip...soooooo much to learn. So much new kinds of gear to beg/borrow/rent. Kind of intimidating but super excited to go!

Hope you fellas whack & stack!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Oh, stop it. You’re gonna make me blush….
This isn’t gonna suck. Kinda like the last couple times, I’m willing to bet.

Still gotta hit the liquor store, but otherwise in pretty good shape!
Oh, just twist your arm a little more eh Chad:LOL: Chass was trying to get me to do back-to-back trips:unsure:😁

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh, just twist your arm a little more eh Chad:LOL: Chass was trying to get me to do back-to-back trips:unsure:😁
Tell me you didn't think about it for at least a minute ?! 😁

Man, I'm getting pumped! I think I'm gonna pour some lead tonight and make a bunch of 16oz inline sinkers. I think we can make wahoo bombs and those bluefin killers pretty easy out of them. Chad, bring your rigging gear, I'll bring my crimpers and such.

Chass

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Tell me you didn't think about it for at least a minute ?! 😁

Man, I'm getting pumped! I think I'm gonna pour some lead tonight and make a bunch of 16oz inline sinkers. I think we can make wahoo bombs and those bluefin killers pretty easy out of them. Chad, bring your rigging gear, I'll bring my crimpers and such.

Chass
I’ve got your crimpers in my office, as I prefer to build gear while on the clock. Also ordered a set to call my own, which will be here in a few days. Probably about the same time as some random new reel that I may or may not have ordered because I didn’t feel like I’d have time to get the Fathom 40N tuned up before we go…

We’re gonna be a couple of crimping’ fools.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yup. Vagabond, and likely the majority of the fleet down there, uses RSW in their holds. The fish are killed, bled, gutted, and tossed in the frigid hold right away to get them chilled. They’re nearly frozen. Super cold…
Yes , our fish from last Oct Vagabond trip was stored, processed and packaged perfectly fresh and stayed that way. Was an epic trip and I am definitely looking forward to fishing this one as well.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts