IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a cancelation and I'd hate for him to lose the money. I've tried to fill the spot amongst friends and friends of friends but I'm not finding anyone on short notice.

I have one seat available for a 7 day trip on the Vagabond. Leaves from Point Loma oct 2nd at 11 am and returns Oct 9th at 6 am. This is a catch sharing required trip! You will not get to keep your own fish. All fish will be divided equally and processed at 5 Star. No exceptions. Trip cost is $3100. If you don't have your own gear you can rent it from the boat. This is a bucket list trip. This year we are focusing on Wahoo, Yellowtail and yellowfin. We will probably not head out of the bluefin first. However, if the bite is HOT, we may change plans at the last minute and head for big bluefin.

We are a rowdy group and we like to have fun. Most of us drink like fish. We are not quiet, we never sleep etc. The group is diverse and we don't want drama so we try keep politics and such out of conversation for the most part.

I know it's last minute but I'm hoping one of you can make it happen so our friend doesn't lose all that money. Please PM me if you are interested.

Chass

Attachments

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunate that Guadalupe isnt available :(

I hope you guys have a great trip.
I believe it is an option and if the Ridge still isn't very hot, we may opt to go to Guadelupe. We are choosing to go further South so we can get into Wahoo and more Yellowtail. Last year we did Bluefin and then headed to Guadelupe. This year we want something different. We've been hitting the big bluefin bite every year for a while now. Time for a change of scenery.

Chass

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep

I’m on Shogun 7 day in November. MX kicked everyone out this year.
Basically this is the cost/benefit of a "limited load". If you go with 30 anglers, you pay less and have a more crowded deck. So in essence everyone is paying a premium to fish limited load. I always fish limited load btw.

It is a long standing rule that when you make your reservation and pay your deposit, you own that spot. If you cancel and the spot goes un-used, you still pay.

Chass being a nice Chart Master is working to fill a spot that someone dropped off of.

Last year we had 2 guys drop off our Pacific Queen charter (limited) a couple of days before we left. They paid full fare and I ate their desserts.
You got it Bruce! That's exactly how it works. The seat was sold at a discount and everyone is happy. The original seat holder will get fish and cash. Better than nothing.

We had people who tried to fly in the day of the trip in the past who's flight was delayed. They missed the boat and they lost their whole trip cost. It's a bummer but once you buy, you are stuck with it unless I can sell your seat. I do not open this up to just anyone. The intent of being charter master is to choose a bunch of people that I like and who I want to fish with. When you simply buy a spot on an open charter, you never know who you are going to be rooming with. Chartering for a group who know each other every year is awesome. We know what to expect, we share all of our fish so nobody goes empty handed and we are all respectful at the rail because we are all friends. I love this stuff!

Chass

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh, just twist your arm a little more eh Chad:LOL: Chass was trying to get me to do back-to-back trips:unsure:😁
Tell me you didn't think about it for at least a minute ?! 😁

Man, I'm getting pumped! I think I'm gonna pour some lead tonight and make a bunch of 16oz inline sinkers. I think we can make wahoo bombs and those bluefin killers pretty easy out of them. Chad, bring your rigging gear, I'll bring my crimpers and such.

Chass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts