IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Hammond on the afternoon tide yesterday. The sturgeon were few and far between, but the sculpin and crabs were very plentiful!!! We moved about 10 times! Ended up with one short and one keeper. It came at about 7:30 last night. When I hooked it, it took off and I didn't think it was ever going to stop! Finally it turned and came towards the boat, came right upside the boat, gave me a nice saltwater shower and then took off again. We finally got it too the boat and it was nice 54".

I called Sturgeon Paul to see if we could get there in time to have it cleaned and they waited for us. They are the best there!! SP said that the quota is just about met, so if you're wanting to get an estuary fish, you should be doing it in the next couple of weeks.

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
good job Dipnet, we must have just missed you at Paul's we figured we would have been the last ones there

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great fish! :grin: Just got to love it when presistance pays off. Thanks for the heads up on the Quota. I want to get down there atleast one more time.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Good job Madeline :cheers: ,
Did you guys fish the ebb or the flood? The flood in the areas that I showed you guys harbor nothing but crabs and pogies. I have found in the afternoon even on the ebb the crabs are sometimes in full force. We were actually thinking about hooking up and pulling down there but decided not to at the last minute. I then turned on my phone and got your message and wished we would have made the drive.
Looks as if you have your own estuary streak going. Three trips and at least a keeper each trip, that's what I'm talking about. You guys sitting in the shallows (4 to 9)? We will be out of Hammond on the early Friday ebb, Halibut fishing out of Depoe Bay on Saturday (ocean permitting), and chasing silvers on Sunday out of Newport (ocean permitting).

Keep that streak going.....

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris, we were fishing the late afternoon ebb tide. And yes, the little varmints were still in full force. :mad: I got that keeper in the 8'-10' depth out by the flagpole! We weren't sure if you were going to be down there, so i thought I might as well give you a call in case you were! I'm going to be in Las Vegas next weekend for my daughters wedding, so thought we better be getting down there one more time!! :grin: You sound like you have a great weekend of fishing coming up!!! :cool: Good Luck!!!
Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well my wife and 2 other boats decided to go out of Illwaco Sat. AM. about 6:00 but did'nt get out until about 7:30 and when we did go out ther were rollers there when we went out around corner' and then we started fishing in shallow water with nothing but poggies and shakers for the day. Turned out to be a nice day though...little rough but sunny....moved around up by the bridge with same results also... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Dipnet said: "SP said that the quota is just about met, so if you're wanting to get an estuary fish, you should be doing it in the next couple of weeks."

:depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

Great- just as I'm gettign ready to head down. No Ocean Salmon on Fri or Sat and now no Sturgeon to fill in those days!
Sure hope the TUNA show up soon!
:dance:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts