IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the incomming today after the -2.0 and the current was rippen. Had only one takedown that I thought my rod was going to implode as it was put to the limits!! Set the hook and I felt a strange double pull and fish off! Reeled up to find my 5/0 gami was now a straight pin! :mad: Lots of action from the boaters in the derby, and seen a few respectable entries for the derby as well! Lots of debris out there today also. Both bank and boats were in full #'s

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
We fished out of John Day and were on the water at the crack of 930am. :wink: Fished around Tongue Point for awhile, then down toward the bridge, out on the flats, up above the point in the islands, and then just above Tongue Point. We didn't see a keeper hanging all day and only heard of a few on the radio. Judging by how much people were moving around, the fish were tough to find.

We put our first keeper in at 615pm, a nice 44" on sandshrimp. This was the first keeper for our friend Sean. :cheers: (We had four rods, all with different baits trying to figure out what they wanted. Anchovie, smelt, sandshrim, scents, not scents, etc.) 30 mintutes later, one of the rods goes off and my buddy Bruce jumps on it. Feels like a decent fish, but not putting up much of a fight. The fish comes the surface and WHOA! its a mid 50's fish. I make an attemp to tail it, and it got REALLY mad. 10 minutes later the 54" 39# was on the deck. :cheers: :dance:

Not red hot by any means for us, but a super trip by any count. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts