IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i managed to sneak on to ifish without posting a story so thought it would be a great way to earn my 51st posting and to rid my guilt.. My parents had a beach house in Rockaway and i spent my youth fishing with my dad in tillamook bay. One weekend we went crabbing with my aunt and uncle and 3 cousins in crab harbor (we called the peninsula crab island) this was before the south jetty was built, there was a huge sand dune to play on. The routine was to set the pots, go ashore, the adults would have a beer or two and us kids would play on the dune. There was this old wooden row boat with the bottom rotted out half buried in sand that we were playing in and the adults feared nails in our tender feet so helped us push it back into the bay.. i think the idea was that it would sink and become harmless.. while the old row boat inched its way from the beach, dad said it was time to pull the pots one last time and go home. We didnt give that old boat another thought until we drove past the pirates cove restaurant and dad suddenly stopped the car along side of the highway at the view point... about half way up the north jetty was two coast gaurd boats surrounding that old row boat, no doubt looking for survivors.... soon it would be obvious that it was not a capsized fishing boat, once they saw the bottom was nearly rotted away so dad figured there was no need to call the coast gaurd and risk getting us all in deep trouble, instead he turned to us kids and said.. " ok we goofed up here, we shouldnt have pushed that old boat into the bay... swear that you will never ever repeat this story or we will all be in trouble.. " we kids were around 9 years old and other than that dead beached cow we had fun poking earlier in the summer, it was the coolest thing that had ever happened to us. We were outlaws.... and had a great secret to keep. Now you all know my secret... joco

[ 09-29-2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: jocose ]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts