IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Rainer area today from about 7 a.m until 11 a.m. We managed 5 full limits of chinook and about 27 hook ups, which were all chinook :dance: We were using some special zippper lip "cheese sauce" and it worked subperbly :cheers: All I can say is to go small on the lures and don't be affraid to experiment with different scents.

Tight lines

Fishtail

[ 09-08-2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Fishtail ]

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It's the dandelion milk, the carrot crew hasn't unzipped about yet. It milks out great. Harvest fresh every day from the yard.

SKP

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Wow great day... any pics?????

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
nice job, I spent Friday and Saturday with no luck. Sounds like your had it goin on.
:dance:

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
SWEET day fishtail. I just hope the fishing is half that good tomorrow. I'll be fishing in that same general area the next couple days. I thought this rain would make some GOOD things happen. Congrats on the spectacular trip.
:dance: :dance:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I've been robbed! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I just came in from checking my boat and my Carrot Milk supply is gone! :hoboy:

I guess I know where it went... Fishtail or is it Fishtale???? :wink:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Without the Carrot Milk, it sounds like you just plain got lucky. Seriously, sounds like a day I want to have. Get that pic up so I know what 5 limits looks like for my dreams tonight.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Nice going. I hope you left some for tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Congratulations from one Yamhillian to another!! :cheers: Sounds like a great day!!!!!!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All I can say is that the day was ours. The great fish god above was looikng out for us. I personally landed 4 out of my 10 fish today and started to recount the fish numbers after giving it more thought. We had 5 limits of nooks for 5 persons on board. We ended the day with about 30 fish hooked, not to mention the incidental bumps. :grin:

I thought I was dreaming after I hooked the first 6 for the day and everybody else was giving me the stare down. Yikes....

I think we could have used most anything as long as it was small and I do mean small. Color did not seem to important. We were using a kwikfish style lure in what I what say would best be used for trout or small summer steelhead. Needless to say we straightened out a few hooks. We later swiched to very small spinners and had equal if not better luck. A variety of colors were used with equal results.

I finally figured it must be the fancy "cheese sauce" we were using that did the trick!

I have never before experienced a day of chinook fishing like I did today :cheers: It was awesome.

I am being force to return to the Rainer area on Wednesday to see if the "cheese sauce" will agin produce. If so, what will ever happen to "Team Carrot Juice"?

·
Registered
790 Posts
fishtail,

Sounds unreal....Congrats!

Were you trolling, or anchored up? I've never fished in that area....are there wing dams to tie up to or do most troll?

·
Registered
155 Posts
We got our 5 person limit as well yesterday...and we were in that 'general' area of the river. Weather was SOOO awesome that once we landed our 10th fish we decided to stay on the anchor and BBQ, then the sky opened up and gave us some of that great Oregon liquid sunshine so we had some soggy burgers...but we were so stoked about the fishing we didn't mind!! Ours ranged from 10 lbs to 32! What a day! Thanks Joe!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately I don't have any digital pictures to post. I took the hog of the bunch with a 38 lb buck. The remainder of the fish ranged from 19.7 to 27 lbs. We fished in about 15 feet of water and did not troll.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hess,
You are welcome I had a great day with you guys out there. I would like to get a copy of the Picture since I forgot the digital at home for that day.

Today was another barn buster day on the river. Many boats got all of there fish and we were again one of them. So guys dust of your alvins and get them wet cuz theres fish in them there waters.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on your new ,top secret zipper lip cheese sauce :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Headed to Rainer in the morning to relieve the mighty river of fish congestion :grin: My fishing buddy called me today and said he was at our zipper fishing area today and got 3 limits of nooks by 10 a.m. :bowdown:

By the way Big n Bright, Zaq and 5-cents, sorry for calling your "carrot milk", carrot juice. I just haven't seen anyone ever milk a carrot before :shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts