IFish Fishing Forum banner

4 rivesr layout boat

811 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Hunt'nFish 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought maybe I should do this as my next modification....Just need to find a camo sail.:yay:

so just a heads up if ya see me coming up the river get the heck out of the way.......dont wind powered boats have the right away all the time...LOL

See less See more
#5 ·
Hmm...as someone who's spent a fair amount of time aboard sailboats of all sizes I notice your new sailing craft could use the addition of at least Lee Boards (I'm thinking a center mounted Dagger Board is "out" for this craft?) to make way sailing upwind/crosswind?

That's a little modification you can add while you're looking for your camo sail.

(Oh, and a Rudder w/Tiller might help too :jester:)

:cheers:

#6 ·
No, you guys got it all wrong.......you stand up and steer w/ your weight and sail angle. Think of it as a sail board....not sail boat.

BW, although I'm sure the fuel mileage is great, tacking back and forth in the dark would be a real bear.

I think it could use a bow anchor ratchet and a little 10lb mushroom. You know for bass fishing and all.
An elec Minn-Kota bowmount would be nice too.:grin:
Hunt'nFish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.