IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of my four day weekends that ended today. It all started with the 11 pm showing of the new Matrix movie. That put me home at 0215 and I had to meet Team Baby Arm at 0330. So I played Grand Theft Auto 3 for an hour and met up with them. The sturgeon fishing in Astoria that day was a sleeper and being up for 27+ hours I had no problem with that!

Flattering to say the least.
I woke up the next day and my daughter and I went Shad fishing, it was slow but we managed a couple.

She was quite happy. I dropped her and the boat off and drove to Maupin for some trout fishing on the fly for Sunday. The dry fly action was just of the chain ALL day, and I had a blast.

The salmon flies are showing but the fish are not keyed in on them yet.

Monday held some VERY slow Salmon fishing down by Fred's and we later met with Bobbby and Dustin for another round of Shad fishing. My daughter was getting the hang of it and was tired at the end of the day, being day four for me I was pooped too.

Thanks for putting up with me all!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
It was good to fish with you guys today, good thing your daughter was there to hand a few off to ya, she is quite the hardy fisherman.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Cool Bro :cheers:

Gotta love seeing those kids catching fish after fish. Puts a big :grin: on your face :cool:

You and I gotta get out one of these days and flick some bugs too.

Shizzle :tongue:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I had a feeling that was you and your daughter up by the falls.Today was a sleeper for me to got one up to the boat and lost it.Still trying to get the whole solo netting thing down. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
ZaQ, that first picture tells the whole story but looks like it should have been at the end of a four day fest, not the beginning. Now the second picture is the winner and you should be quite proud of her. Enjoy her now, they grow up faster than you will realize and she will be telling you how to catch those fishes soon...

People miss out on some of lifes great moments if they do not take the youngsters with them to the river. Keep it going and she will always be dads best partner.

I have four days coming this week to make a run at the Wille and will try both chinook and shad to fill in with.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That is awesome Zaq and you can look at it this way. At least one person in your family thinks your great :tongue: . I saw Zaq and his daughter right after they pulled out of the water on Sat and she was pumped about the fish that "Flopped around every where". It was great to see such a smile on a childs face :grin: Zaq you are the best Dad :cheers: ....................Chris

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
What an Awesome Daddy.

We need to plan something good for your next 4 day, a weekend full of lip rippin action.

Me dire plus des femmes dans Maupin. :wink:

Bobby

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. You are doing the right thing by taking your little girl fishing. Both you and her will remember these days forever.

keep it up dad.
:dance:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I think that is near Meldrum Bar at the mouth of the Clackamas... I dont fish that stretch too much.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Darling little girl! Makes me want to braid her hair! Can I?

About the sleeping guy? I don't know what it is, but something in me just wants to slap the side of that mug. :smile:

Really, not in anger, it just looks very slappable. :smile: :smile:

I think I need another springer!!! LOL!!!

Jen

·
Registered
209 Posts
There is nothing better then a day on the river with the little one's. good pic's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts