IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is true. I ended up going 35 days of NO fishing. Must I repeat myself? I did no fishing for 35 LONG days.
Well, I got real sick last night and started asking some people for some reports. Got my reports and was not feeling so good, had to get out real quick before something happens.
Well, started off like at 600, wish I could have got down there at sun up but oh well.
Fished and fished and fish. Seen like 5 fish put on the bank.
Me, ummm, 3 jack Chinooks released, big sh**fish and........
1100 fishing eggs in my lip zipper of a spot and POW, fish on. A good 10 min fight and come to the bank a nice chrome summer run buck steelhead! Oh ya, I'm so pumped.
Caught on my home cured eggs, 8 pound main line and 8 pound leader line, 3 foot leader, 1-1/2 of lead and a #4 size gami hook.
Sorry for the bad picture, I was not able to get a picture down on the river cause I had no batteries for the digital so quick run to town to fix that.

Mark, I thought you said it was a morning bite? I seen more fish caught after 930 then when I got there.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Congrats!!

Nice Fish! I was up that direction this morning also. Here's my report.NFL Report

When do you leave for AK? I will be up there for a couple of days this next week. May try and get some fishing in while I'm there. We'll see.

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read your report. Sounds like you did just as good as I did. I almost went down to the haapa hole today but I went to another spot of mine. Looks like it payed off. :smile:
I leave for Alaska on Tuesday the 8th. Be up there for one week. Nothin but fishin! :dance:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on the nice fish :cheers: have a great trip in Alaska :dance:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Mike,
Congrats on the fish!! Finally!!!

I was there yesterday also and the bite was on early. I saw you show in your zipper slot after the action had taken place!! Good to see you stuck 1.

Shared the sushi with a few friends yesterday afternoon 7/4 with lots of hurrah's!
Don't knock it if ya aint tried it. :laugh: (wish I would have read the info from Dr. S first though) :tongue:

Sidenote...CR report/Released a 35lb nate after an epic battle with the experimental hardware 7/4 and Slammed 3 more today 7/5. 1 nate released and a limit at 24lbs and 27lbs :grin: . :cheers:

[ 07-05-2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea Dan, I was shocked when I got there and no one was in that spot of mine. I fished up high of were I got the fish but only caught a few jacks.
Moved up river and there was a group of people up there by that island way up there. Well, they try telling me I can walk in the water. That kinda ticked me off but oh well.
I went up and crossed the river were I do. Came down and fish the fall and then back up into the fast water and fished were you killed them that one day last year. The guy right next to me got one.
After that I went back up and crossed and fished my lip of a zipper spot. Moved down to the end of the hole in a little deeper water in the swiller looking water. Just let them eggs drift around in there and then it was fish on at 11:00 fish was on the bank at 11:06
Someone hooked that fish like in the morning and busted it off or something. Very fresh line, looked to be that maxie line that everyone loves but that was the last thing I was looking at and the hook looked to be a #1 or #2 gami hook with a piece of red/pink lookin yarn.

and you say "Finally"? I think I've did pretty good. Last time I was fishing was on May 31 and I took a limit of steel :grin: But other then that, it was about time I got my butt out fishing. I just about went bass :blush: and trout fishing :blush:

[ 07-05-2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: KingFisher85 ]

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
KF85,
Now thats a zipper spot post that covers well over half a mile of water!! :laugh:
If ya hook into one with a red Maribou 1/4oz Owner in it let me know!! Good luck on the trip up north and I expect some nice TROPHY pics to follow...any chance of posting from AK?
Tight lines mike :cheers:

Finally: you posting a fish!! :laugh: All in fun young grasshopper...Your karma is good!!

[ 07-05-2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I was feelin' a little sorry for you even guilty but then you reminded me about the Alaska thing and I came to my senses. :shocked: Don't worry, when you get back I gotta offer you can't refuse. :wink: And the tugboat does just fine in the skinny water, even when I have to get out and push. :rolleyes:
Have fun up there, you have no choice. :dance:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts