IFish Fishing Forum banner
281 - 300 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wait! You mean this isn't the High Jack thread. OK. Sorry to highjack it, but when are the Herring going to show up?

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
The only way I’m reading 14 pages on this thread is if I get the Rona and the Crom. Can someone please fill me in.
there was a yes or no answer thread posted with it having clear instructions to not post anything else or it would get shut down from turning political.

Well, it took maybe five posts or so and the same clowns that just can’t help themselves kept posting their “facts” on masks etc. and it got axed even after the poster got three or so more chances to shut up and wouldn’t.

It ruffled my feathers as I like to have a spot where I don’t have to be bombarded with mask and covid shot politics. Then I posted this thread and took off out of town for a concert tour not thinking anything of it.

I’m now back home again way earlier then I wanted to be because a coworkers 4 year old grand son was murdered. We are short at work so I volunteered to come home from the road and fill in.
I honestly don’t care if people awith me or not. Shut up about masks and the shot and effectiveness! Just shut up!

Shut up about masks andvaccines. Please just shut up.

And when your asked several times to shutup please do so or stay off here and go back to Facebook or whatever. Don’t care who that upsets.

I also found it particularly rude because FOP made it clear from the beginning, yes or no and shut up. If you don’t know when to shut up and have no off switch you need to be told sometimes. 30+ thousand posts of nothing. Congrats.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
there was a yes or no answer thread posted with it having clear instructions to not post anything else or it would get shut down from turning political.

Well, it took maybe five posts or so and the same clowns that just can’t help themselves kept posting their “facts” on masks etc. and it got axed even after the poster got three or so more chances to shut up and wouldn’t.

It ruffled my feathers as I like to have a spot where I don’t have to be bombarded with mask and covid shot politics. Then I posted this thread and took off out of town for a concert tour not thinking anything of it.

I’m now back home again way earlier then I wanted to be because a coworkers 4 year old grand son was murdered. We are short at work so I volunteered to come home from the road and fill in.
I honestly don’t care if people awith me or not. Shut up about masks and the shot and effectiveness! Just shut up!

And when your asked several times to shutup please do so or stay off here and go back to Facebook or whatever. Don’t care who that upsets.

I also found it particularly rude because FOP made it clear from the beginning, yes or no and shut up. If you don’t know when to shut up and have no off switch you need to be told sometimes. 30+ thousand posts of nothing. Congrats.
Seems to me, the site moderators of IFish made it very clear some time ago, that 'Rona related threads were verboten.
The only ones allowed would be those highly informative ones started by Winterkill.

So, maybe it got axed just because it was a 'Rona thread. The mods told us all to "shut up" about it.
Sometimes explanations are simple. Lots of 'Rona threads haven't even made it to 5 posts.
That hardly makes it rant worthy.

Just sayin'

Sorry to hear about your coworker's grandchild though, that's heartbreaking.
Maybe start a thread about that so IFish can send our condolences.

ETA: BTW, if a thread is started with a poll, but nobody posts to it, it won't stay at the top (unless a mod pins it) and therefore the poll won't get near as many responses. So asking members to take the poll but not post is rather counter productive, and can skew the poll numbers.

Reactions: Snapt

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Yak Fresh, I just heard this morning about this in the news this morning.. My condolences

·
Registered
258 Posts

Man, heart goes out to your coworker and his family. Wow.

Dude, just put whomever on the iggy list. Ain’t hard. Quit being a baby about intentionally traumatizing yourself by consuming overposter’s garbage.

·
Registered
40,517 Posts
Yak-Fresh: For the official record, I'm not the least bit upset with you. You said what you said for a reason and that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear about your coworker’s grandson. Condolences to the family.
Other than that, need a hug? ……….

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

Sorry to hear about your coworkers grandson. That sounds terrible. My condolences to his family.

To your point of your rant.

I want to get this right. You got upset that someone posted on someone else's thread so your response was to throw a virtual temper tantrum with your post. Got it.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Got to admit---Yak makes a good point. Time after time, the same people keep turning posts into an outlet for them to call someone names or slam them for their opinion, it does get old and the mods need to put a stop to REPEAT OFFENDERS. Now you same people (or new ones) can slam me for my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts
Got to admit---Yak makes a good point. Time after time, the same people keep turning posts into an outlet for them to call someone names or slam them for their opinion, it does get old and the mods need to put a stop to REPEAT OFFENDERS. Now you same people (or new ones) can slam me for my opinion.
It takes more than us. A little self moderation would go a long way... BTW, Lingslayer is 100% right on in his post above.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
The end is nigh!!!
The light, I see the light (at the end of the tunnel)
Tre-hundred is within our grasp

Onward and upward troops!!!!

281 - 300 of 370 Posts