IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad and two of his frieds fished the willamette today after work (around 4) in the milwaukie area and right off the bat they get a 22 pounder backbouncing then a hour later they get a 20 pounder, then around 6 they were about to call it the quitz and they diceded to make one more pass, in the pass my dads friend hooks a 25 pounder as the fish gets close to the boat he gets tired and holds his pole in one hand (idiot) as he brings it around the motor the fish decids to run and the rod jumps out of his hand, and out of kno where he jumps in after his rod write when it it hits the water with no life jacket and when he comes up amazingle he got his rod back and yeals fish on, then they hade to get him back in the boat and when he got in they still got the nice 25 pounder in it all happen around six today so hopefully some of my fellow IFISERS might of saw that happend because alot of peple were laughing.

i would post the pics but i cant get it to load
and we all got it on video tape

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
CC, I'm busting a gut :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I wish I was there to see it :laugh: I'm glad no one was hurt! What an awesome day :bowdown:

If ya need help with uploading a picture send it to me at [email protected] and I'll put it up for you!

·
Registered
554 Posts
the crazy things we do for fish! great story and even better glad to hear he landed the fish after his night swim.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I agree. Fish will make you do some things you never thought you'd do! Truth be told, some of us would have done the same thing without thinking about it :grin:

-jokester

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
I had a very nice expensive set up taken right off the back of my boat last may at clackamette
on the willammette. I too PLANNED on jumping in, but it's a different river up there. Thought of my wife and decided my life was worth just a bit more than the drift outfit. Glad you got him back in the boat safe, the landing a real bonus.
Great story to embellish to the point where the salmn actually dragged him under for what seemed like like and eternity. Funny how storied evolve.
It's part of why we fish isn't it.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
:laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh:

I didn't know Pilar was friends with your dad, CohoClint.. Oh wait, Pilar was with me yesterday evening. It couldn't have been him! (But it sure sounds like something he might do - especially hollering "Fish ON") :grin:

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I've done that! :shocked:

Except mine was a Steelhead and it was in January and I was on the bank
The guys weren't sure weather they should net me or the fish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts