IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
255,000 Chinese-Made Tires Recalled
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - A tire importer said Thursday it would recall 255,000 Chinese-made tires it claims were defective because they lack a safety feature that prevents tread separation.

The recall involves half the number of tires that the importer, Foreign Tire Sales Inc., had identified in June as possibly posing a risk.

The models involved are steel-belted radial replacement tires for pickups, vans and sport utility vehicles that consumers bought from early 2004 through mid-2006, Foreign Tire Sales said.

The small company, based in Union, was ordered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in June to recall as many as 450,000 tires that it bought from Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co. since 2002.

"Consumers should know that the affected tires meet all federal motor vehicle safety standards. But we went the extra mile by testing them and determining that they did not meet our standards, which are more rigorous," Richard Kuskin, president of Foreign Tire Sales, said in a statement...
source

Is it just me or does it seem like there is an unusual number of things from China being either poisonous or recalled?

· Registered
12,221 Posts
[B

Is it just me or does it seem like there is an unusual number of things from China being either poisonous or recalled?

More stuff gets bought from China. More recalls. If you want to see the incidence of product recalls JUST in the medical field (generally not from China), check this out ----

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/safety/2007/safety07.htm

The Chinese make what their specs define. The U.S. importer needs to check on quality and product shortfalls that might prompt a recall. Probably best to blame the importer.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next thing of concern they've found... poisoned children's pajamas with up to 900X beyond what is considered safe.
It's not easy but we are going thru the house and removing everything that was "made in China" - too causious... maybe but I don't want to mess around with my kids' safety.

· Registered
2,281 Posts
One report I read said that this is due in part to the 2008 summer Olympics in Beijing. Part of the "house cleaning" before all the guests arrive. Maybe there are more inspections taking place. Just a guess.

· Registered
4,074 Posts
The "Made in China" recall for defective, poisonous, pirated and misrepresented products is a story that sells air time on the news stations. There will be more products discovered and there will be more air time sold. There's blood in the water and the press smells a feeding frenzy. I say let it begin and that it's long over due. I'd like to see some heads role and I'd like to see some accountability. Let the chips fall where they may.

· Registered
9,675 Posts
I've felt it odd that we do so much trade with a country that has such a horrible human-rights record, yet we still have Cuba on the no-trade list. I'm sure there's a good reason.
The Cuban-exile vote is considered key to winning Florida, and top presidential candidates have generally followed the recommendations of the community’s most hard-line and vocal leaders, who support a full embargo against Fidel Castro’s government.

· Registered
2,855 Posts
The "Made in China" recall for defective, poisonous, pirated and misrepresented products is a story that sells air time on the news stations. There will be more products discovered and there will be more air time sold. There's blood in the water and the press smells a feeding frenzy. I say let it begin and that it's long over due. I'd like to see some heads role and I'd like to see some accountability. Let the chips fall where they may.
Add the clothing you buy too, That is Made in china.. contains nice Fornaldehyde, From a article off the ssociated press monday 20th 07. Out of New zealand.

humm, wonder what the fishing lures are painted with, the clothes hanger. yikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.