IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its true, last night I caught a 23.5lb shad :shocked: ......well....really it was a shadnook :grin: . I mean chinook hen. 40 inches in length with usable eggs even. :cool:

Pop's got a nice little 10lb hen too around 5:30pm. Mine came around 7:30pm. Man I just love getting off from a hard days work and getting a kitchen pass from my lovely wife to persue some nookies. It is an incurable sickness this springer fishing. Just can't get enough of it.
Just can't believe the roll Pop's and I are on right now.

BTW, Springer eggs that you think may be too small to cure and use work great. I cured some up that were about the size of BB's and that is what I caught this fish on. I believe Ramstrong might have used them on Saturday to put his fish in the boat but I dont remember. But I do know we have put two fish in the boat on those particular eggs. One for me and one for POP'S.

Back at it Wednesday night after work. It is definitly slowing down but the are still tons of fish to be had. :cool:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Way to go Catch and Eat and Pops! :cheers: You two are really hot!! I am so envious of you living close enough and getting off work early enough to go in the afternoons!!! That would be so cool!! :cool: Keep up the good work!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Congrats Bernie.

I didn't tell you but when the fish checker weighed my fish it was 15# gutted. So I'm sticking to the 18 I guessed before.

The eggs I caught the fish on were the 3 year old freezer burned coho eggs. But I did use some of the crunchy little berries. They did hold up well.

Sarah's in labor right now so I'm hoping I'll be able to get out in a week or two. Until then, keep up the slaughter.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Originally posted by Ramstrong:

Sarah's in labor right now so I'm hoping I'll be able to get out in a week or two. Until then, keep up the slaughter.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">And you're on ifish? :shocked: :bowdown: :grin: :wink:
:laugh: :cool: :tongue:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got to love those older aged berries. I think the secret is to freezer burn your bait. Sure worked for us aye Ryan.

Hope all goes well with Sarah. Be praying for her and the new wee one tonight. Congrats in advance. Since I don't smoke there will be no cigar but hey, I'll take ya fishing again. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
:cheers:

Way to go Pops and Bernie.

Giz...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Bernie if I didn't see it I wouldn't believe you are so hot. Last year you had to hire guide to find a fish, this year, well they just seem to jump into the boat. Can I go with ya, :bowdown:

Ramstrong and Sarah, nothing but well wishes and a few prayers for the three of you. Maybe you can sneak out Thurday if she is in the hospital and the deliver goes as planned. Tell her to take an extra day in the hospital to rest up while she has some
Call me Wednesday night if you want to troll for a few hours on Thursday AM.

It was nice running into you agian Uncle Bob and on your fish beat mine for the day. Keep it up.

Can hardly wait as I am off the next three days.

*fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts