IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I searched back to June and didn't see a predator thread, so figured I would start one. With all the posts about predators destroying our game herds I was pretty surprised at the lack of predator threads. As of today I seen 5 Bear on the "Official Fall Bear" thread. I have been unable to get after Bear this fall because of a bad knee. But did manage to knock down a couple Coyotes, didn't take any pic's as they were a bit gruesome to share.. Hope to see some success photo's and stories.
Brown bear Carnivore Terrestrial animal Liver Grizzly bear

· Registered
13,724 Posts
I’m so ready for this years coyote and cougar hunts. I did a couple of stands while deer hunting had one yote pop in down wind of me and bolted before I could get a shot off

· Registered
177 Posts
I just bought an ecaller yesterday. Been reading old threads trying to get some ideas for hunting the coast for something to do this winter. Planning on hiking some loops with with my hunting partner maybe 4-5 miles and setting up 3-4 times and trying to get the wind right. Is it best to set up lower in a drainage to try and get predators to come down? It seems everywhere we've hunted we've seen bear and coyote scat so I'm sure they are in there. Any other tips besides just putting a few miles on the boots?

· Registered
5,129 Posts
You will call more bobcats than coyotes in the coast range.. Might want to get a furtaker license and cat tags.. While you are at it might as well get a decoy...Placed on edges it helps to coax critters out of the thick brush.. Playing the wind is a must for coyotes,not so much for cats..

With a cat tag you can call at night.. Nothing quite like the feeling you get, sitting there in the dark,caller wailing and a set of blood red eyes suddenly appear, creeping in.. I love it.. :)

· Registered
Flyfishing, ocean salmon/bottom fishing
2,223 Posts
Let's get through deer season, and then the predatory posts should start. Elkhuntress79 and I should start having some pics (thinking positive!) once we are back from the coast and our blacktail hunt next week and we starting hitting it hard weekends here in SE Oregon.

· Registered
13,724 Posts
Called a Bob in Monday in the upper Nustucca drainage. He was just as shocked to see me as I was to see him. I had spotted some bear tracks and was trying to see if I could call it in and about 15 min into the set I look to my left and there he stood 15 yards to my left lol he froze and bolted away. And no the bear never came in

1 - 20 of 52 Posts