IFish Fishing Forum banner
421 - 440 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Has anyone fished south outside of seal rock? Thinking of trolling my way down there tomorrow on the way for rockfish.
Most of us have fished either straight out from the jaws or north...there have been some reports that they're catching in shallower depths (but see oregonoutdoors report above) and when that happened last season it was very active south. Let us know how it is! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Has anyone fished south outside of seal rock? Thinking of trolling my way down there tomorrow on the way for rockfish.
We found ‘em down there a couple weeks ago when it was slooow everywhere else. Go for it! 👍

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hit depoe today. Lots of wild coho out there. It was nuts. We Released 30 or so wilds before finally finding our 8th hatchery around 1230 and then went for some rockfish. Much better weather than expected. Water was 53 degrees at the 200 ft line, which is where we mostly fished. Cowgirl spinfish was the hot lure. 12 oz weight 20-25 on LC. Conditions got pretty sporty coming back in.
Wood Gas Seafood Cuisine Fish

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Hit depoe today. Lots of wild coho out there. It was nuts. We Released 30 or so wilds before finally finding our 8th hatchery around 1230 and then went for some rockfish. Much better weather than expected. Water was 53 degrees at the 200 ft line, which is where we mostly fished. Cowgirl spinfish was the hot lure. 12 oz weight 20-25 on LC. Conditions got pretty sporty coming back in.
View attachment 986336
Nice!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
My crew was sick this AM so I headed out solo and decided to stay inshore. Started with a 10 minute limit of rockfish at the pilars. Put a whole herring on the dowrigger and trolled it over the reef headed south in 70'-90', nothing. Ran out to 160' and dropped in on a bunch of birds and marks at 75'. Slow, released two native coho. Back at the dock early, plan to hit it early offshore tomorrow.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Fished Depoe today. 2 POB. Tried a couple drifts for lings (unsuccessful) then headed out to 200FOW for salmon. Trolled a rip and hooked a nice chinook in the first 20 minutes. Got a hatchery coho shortly after that and then the bite died. Had a couple other strikes and brief hook ups but could not locate a good school. Trolled out to 210fow and then came back inside and trolled 130-120fow for a couple hook up.
Picked up limits of rockfish and 10 crab.

overall great day!
Cloud Sky Water Boat Fisherman

·
Registered
724 Posts
Fished Depoe today. 2 POB. Tried a couple drifts for lings (unsuccessful) then headed out to 200FOW for salmon. Trolled a rip and hooked a nice chinook in the first 20 minutes. Got a hatchery coho shortly after that and then the bite died. Had a couple other strikes and brief hook ups but could not locate a good school. Trolled out to 210fow and then came back inside and trolled 130-120fow for a couple hook up.

overall great day! View attachment 986395
Beauty nook! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
8/4 Report. Depoe Bay, straight out and a little north to 220'. Nothing going on really. Heard some chatter about the light house so pulled gear and made the run south and out to 230'. Banged out a limit for two in short order. A mix between 55' on the wire with a brads, flasher and 65' with a deep six with a flasher, hoochie on the line counter. Two long line releases and never saw a native.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
8/4 Report. Depoe Bay, straight out and a little north to 220'. Nothing going on really. Heard some chatter about the light house so pulled gear and made the run south and out to 230'. Banged out a limit for two in short order. A mix between 55' on the wire with a brads, flasher and 65' with a deep six with a flasher, hoochie on the line counter. Two long line releases and never saw a native.
Thanks for the callout. We headed out first thing and found a good rip with dirty water at 260' but only managed one high fin and one keeper. Headed in to your call and it was still slow for us. I caught my smallest chinook ever (14") . We were running a similar spread with a diver and hoochie at 25', one at 55', and a Brad's behind a triangle flasher at 60' on the wire. At 11:30am, we still only had one fish in the boat. 15 minutes later we were tagged out. I was only running the one downrigger and that rod was hooking up as fast as I could unhook a fish and get it back down to 60'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the callout. We headed out first thing and found a good rip with dirty water at 260' but only managed one high fin and one keeper. Headed in to your call and it was still slow for us. I caught my smallest chinook ever (14") . We were running a similar spread with a diver and hoochie at 25', one at 55', and a Brad's behind a triangle flasher at 60' on the wire. At 11:30am, we still only had one fish in the boat. 15 minutes later we were tagged out. I was only running the one downrigger and that rod was hooking up as fast as I could unhook a fish and get it back down to 60'.
Sounds like an awesome few minutes

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

overall great day! View attachment 986395
Oh he’s hooked now! A salty pup is whelped, lol. And done from Depoe no less. Steaming out of Depoe is epic in its own right.

421 - 440 of 507 Posts