IFish Fishing Forum banner
381 - 400 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ocean was beautiful today. Was able to run full throttle. Hit Depoe again. We picked up another limit of coho from 220 to 300 and 4 limits of crab with 8 pots. Cut plug herring was out fishing whole chovies today. 15-20 on line counter.

What’s everyone’s thought on how she’ll look tomorrow? Forecast doesn’t look near as nice as it was today.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Ocean was beautiful today. Was able to run full throttle. Hit Depoe again. We picked up another limit of coho from 220 to 300 and 4 limits of crab with 8 pots. Cut plug herring was out fishing whole chovies today. 15-20 on line counter.

What’s everyone’s thought on how she’ll look tomorrow? Forecast doesn’t look near as nice as it was today.
Sloppy. Fishable if you want. Foggy, wet, sloppy.

Reactions: Brennan_FishOn

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Hmm, to me the ocean looked much nice than how my boat rocked indicated it was. fishing was better than Thurs for us, we found fish but it sounds like we didn't need to go as far as we didd. Found some coho N of the pile and also west of the pile, released some smaller clipped fish, ended with 3 fairly big (compared to what we've caught recently) and 3 average size. We had a discussion several weeks ago re: size, out largest 3 fish today were about the size of the nice fish we caught 3 or 4 weeks ago, I think those fished have moved north and we got a new bunch that aren't nearly as large, not as long and not as fat either.
The halibut fishing was pretty good today, best my boat has had in 2 or 3 years. Fish came relatively quickly and were 34", 40", and 46" Crew had the 40" fish in the boat before I even got my bait down East of the pile. Heard several folks on the radio ask about salmon as they had limited on halibut. Thurs I didn't hear of anyone who had caught a halibut.
Good luck to those who venture out tomorrow, forecast sound like the ocean will be too sloppy for me to enjoy it.
ron m

·
Registered
101 Posts
We got one keeper coho on the east side of the pile, then moved into 165 to get 3 more keepers including a double to finish it off, I clipped one with a rudder. 40-80’ on the downriggers and 70-80’ with 16 oz + 360. Hoochie spinner blade with meat seemed to
outfish blue/green brads cut plug with meat and juice about 2:1 but both worked. We did see some birds out near the pile and tried trolling thru them with gear set shallow and no dice. Good luck to all at it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I have a basketball tournament(Hoop Jam) going with my GS yesterday and today. Missed a good day on the ocean Saturday but looking at Windy for the next few days is difficult, not sure which is right. ECMWF shows some gnarly winds coming and a mixed swell on top of it. But the GFS model shows a great forecast with little wind. Thinking of Monday and Tuesday. For being just a day it is surprising the forecast are so far apart. Ideas? NOAA has light wind in the morning. Looks a N wind. Also looking at the compare model. Wind Finder (super forecast)shows some good days coming even today is not bad.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
We went right back out to 220 to 240 off the light house. Took a little longer than Friday. Way more natives mixed in. Fish were deeper than the day before to. 25’ on the line counters on Friday but today it was 50 to 80’ had three in the box needing one more for almost an hour and a half. Native after native.

Ran in and got a nice grade of bass for 2 people in 10 minutes. I have to admit that more fun than trolling around for hours on end. Nice day out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Caught fish out around 220 this morning fishing was slow but we got what we wanted crabbing is good 100 feet to 150’ was pretty outstanding. tuna on Friday was good. halibut at the rock Pile exceptional on Saturday.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another great day out of Depoe today. Ocean really laid down for the afternoon. Cruised up to Lincoln city for bottomfish first thing and put 10 in the box in about an hour then straight out west to 200-220 for silvers. Took about 3 hours to weed through natives to get our limit for 3, at least 10. Nice grade of fish today too. Most around 8lbs. 15-24 on the counter, cut plug herring and helmet with whole anchovies.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks similar to todays forecast from what I can see. And this afternoon turned out beautiful. I’d be heading out but just got done fishing the last 3 days and need to take care of a few things before back to work.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hmm, to me the ocean looked much nice than how my boat rocked indicated it was. fishing was better than Thurs for us, we found fish but it sounds like we didn't need to go as far as we didd. Found some coho N of the pile and also west of the pile, released some smaller clipped fish, ended with 3 fairly big (compared to what we've caught recently) and 3 average size. We had a discussion several weeks ago re: size, out largest 3 fish today were about the size of the nice fish we caught 3 or 4 weeks ago, I think those fished have moved north and we got a new bunch that aren't nearly as large, not as long and not as fat either.
The halibut fishing was pretty good today, best my boat has had in 2 or 3 years. Fish came relatively quickly and were 34", 40", and 46" Crew had the 40" fish in the boat before I even got my bait down East of the pile. Heard several folks on the radio ask about salmon as they had limited on halibut. Thurs I didn't hear of anyone who had caught a halibut.
Good luck to those who venture out tomorrow, forecast sound like the ocean will be too sloppy for me to enjoy it.
ron m
Nice...Thur only 1 small halibut...Saturday was def an active halibut day...many of us were in the same area by the pile and catching...we got a 33 & 38'' er. Salmon seemed slower overall based on chatter...we caught a few over the 3 days but we focused on halibut. I think it will pick up in the coming weeks

·
Registered
724 Posts
Caught fish out around 220 this morning fishing was slow but we got what we wanted crabbing is good 100 feet to 150’ was pretty outstanding. tuna on Friday was good. halibut at the rock Pile exceptional on Saturday.
We were around the same area for halibut on Saturday...lots of boats and action...got our limits. You had two sizable halibut on board based on radio chatter. Good job!!

381 - 400 of 507 Posts