IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone. Hope everyone has a safe and productive 2022 Season. Remember to submit your catch reports for all lakes in Oregon. This data has helped us to improve our fishery.

Registered
Was planning to be there since two weeks ago I could get into our cabin. Now, not so much. Not complaining one bit since we need all the snow we can get at this point. Makes for less stressful summers! Could still launch at shelter cove and ferry all my stuff over by boat but our security cameras show over 3 feet snow on the ground. Makes it a tad harder to hump everything 100 yards up the hill from the dock. I'm turning into an old fart! 馃槀. Hope those that go find good weather and willing fish! Should be decent size again, since we were getting some good sized ones in Sept/Oct last year that were definitely this years fish.

Registered
Are there any forest service ramps open?
Sunset Cove is usually the first to open, but with the amount of snow in the past week I'm going to speculate it will not be for this weekend. Maybe someone more in the know can prove me wrong. You can always call the Deschutes NF Crescent Ranger District and ask. No way for Princess Creek, will be lucky to have it open on Memorial Day at this rate. Same for Trapper Creek. Shelter Cove and East Odell will likely be the only options this weekend. East Odell can be pretty icy this time of year from the wind/spray.

Registered
One less kokanee killer in Odell! Jigging for kokes when we ran into this BIG Girl. I didn't have a scale to weigh it, but my estimate was 25#. She measured 32" and had a ton of eggs inside. The size of a softball when I balled them up.

My wife and I only came away with 8 kokanee as most of the day Macs would get in the way. We ended up catching three Macs and had three others on the line. This was the only legal one.

Fished the East end most of the time and counted only 10 boats in the area. Then we explored our usual good spots throughout the lake. There were ZERO boats on the West end at noon! Probably just 10 boats on the entire lake then.
Everyone must be at the Detroit Derby. Tight lines everyone!
Water Sky Smile Boat Lake

Registered
I caught her around 1pm. It was a very nice day considering we almost stayed home. We were off the water by 3pm and I don't think the lake ever had whitecaps

Registered
Okay some questions into the two resorts with launch sites. Pretty sure Odell Lake Resort is open. Forest service web site notes Sunset Cove is open and Princess Creek and Trapper are still closed. More when I hear more.

Registered
Hewescraft Searunner 210 HT
I鈥檒l be there this weekend and let you know what it looks like
I called Odell lake lodge and they said they are open and that where I will stay. But with the recent snow I鈥檓 unsure what 鈥渙pen鈥 means.

Registered
I鈥檒l be there this weekend and let you know what it looks like
I called Odell lake lodge and they said they are open and that where I will stay. But with the recent snow I鈥檓 unsure what 鈥渙pen鈥 means.
Saw this last week. Would love to be there in the boat with heater and a hot cup of joe.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts