IFish Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
41,904 Posts
Like fish that get fatter behind the head. Those are some nice ones. I think the resident fish taste better than the migratory ones. Not significantly but a little bit.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Nice to see some fish caught. Yesterday with my two newbies we headed up from Chinook to above the bridge. Several boats working the area including 3 charters and few guide boats. We moved around a lot and never touched a fish although we were marking fish. I heard from a source yesterday afternoon that a test net fishery on sturgeon was conducted in Bakers Bay a few days ago and the gillnet boat got more fish than they could hold. News to me I haven't heard they were doing that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Nice to see some fish caught. Yesterday with my two newbies we headed up from Chinook to above the bridge. Several boats working the area including 3 charters and few guide boats. We moved around a lot and never touched a fish although we were marking fish. I heard from a source yesterday afternoon that a test net fishery on sturgeon was conducted in Bakers Bay a few days ago and the gillnet boat got more fish than they could hold. News to me I haven't heard they were doing that.
They have been tagging sturgeon for the last week or so. Happens every year and is info used for estimating populations.

Clam

Reactions: Soulakala

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Every tagged Sturgeon I've landed and turned in the tag over several years has been tagged in SF Bay.

Reactions: joeer77

·
Registered
324 Posts
Talking about tagged sturgeon, I caught tagged fish from SF back in the 80's. The info I got back indicated it had traved to the Columbia in 20 some days. To long ago to remember exactly but pretty amazing.

61 - 80 of 200 Posts