IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The springer re-opener and poor early fishing has crushed bait orders. I am getting another delivery of shrimp tonight to take care of folks going, but the way the states run this thing makes fresh bait a really bad business venture.

The over/under on boats launched out of Hammond tomorrow is 14.

I don't think this thread will see much action till May 25.

·
Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Sounds like a couple folks braving the weather today have been rewarded. I know of a couple keepers already. Should just keep getting better everyday.

If you need fresh shrimp outta Hammond you can call to reserve at 503-861-2110, or text us at 971-286-8748.

·
Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The bite picked up slightly yesterday, and several really good fishermen are prospecting tomorrow to try to put their people on the fish Saturday.

I handed out some of the best bait of the year to help them, and we have more fresh bait coming in tomorrow.

It's gonna happen.

·
Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Your best bet for fish currently is in the Tongue Point area and above. Most guys launch frim East basin or John Day.

With the outgoing tide anchor in a little deeper water near some flats. Let that current make a good scent trail, give fish a chance to find you.

But....

I was working on the boat this morning and there was some baitfish flipping around inside the marina at Hammond. Didnt look like chovies, maybe small shad. At any rate, it is sign of life in the lower river, sturgeon won't be far behind. Places like Youngs bay, the sands, rest area, and downtown Astoria could get going any day.

·
Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Mixed reports from test fishers today. Some never had a bite, others had signs of life. I think a few more sturgeon will come off the quota tomorrow.

Weather is amazing right now, should be a great day tomorrow.

We have some amazing shrimp and about 2 dozen or so unreserved for tomorrow.

If salmon is more your style, i have killer tuna belly vac sealed. Not bloodline or canned stuff, i have actual vac sealed tuna belly from last fall, but it's going fast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts