IFish Fishing Forum banner
421 - 440 of 464 Posts

· Registered
2,694 Posts
53 years of duck hunting I've yet to take a wall worthy Can... BUT- Table worthy, on the other hand... If you decide not to put it on the wall, pluck it clean and SLOW roast it, like 275* for 2-3 hours. It will be done when you can pull a leg easily from the hip.
Thanks for the tip! I’m shopping for a taxi right now. I don’t have a big frame of reference to go off of Since I’ve only shot one other that was immature. But this one seems to be as mature as I’m gonna find? Good plumage/coloring. It’s in great shape, no real damage. Might be a long time before I’m lucky enough to get another and it was out of a favorite and memorable place to hunt with good friends. Plus my wife gave me the ok! 😉

· Registered
14,720 Posts
Took the regs off my desk today.

Same for the front of the pickup.

Pickup is shockingly clean (By my regular end of season standards). I mean, it's a mess. But less horrifying than it would have been if I had 40 more muddy dog days out there in last 3 months. I have as many days in setup and takedown as I do in hunting.

Sad to see it end. Looking forward to next year already.

· Registered
6,224 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I’m shopping for a taxi right now. I don’t have a big frame of reference to go off of Since I’ve only shot one other that was immature. But this one seems to be as mature as I’m gonna find? Good plumage/coloring. It’s in great shape, no real damage. Might be a long time before I’m lucky enough to get another and it was out of a favorite and memorable place to hunt with good friends. Plus my wife gave me the ok! 😉
There's a good one in Forest Grove. I don't have the # on hand but I can get it if you'd like.

· Registered
2,694 Posts
There's a good one in Forest Grove. I don't have the # on hand but I can get it if you'd like.
I talked to Jeremy at Uplanders, over in Pendelton, yesterday. I’m gonna use him. I’ve heard lots of good things about him over the years and it’ll cost me a little extra in shipping but not too worried about that. I appreciate the offer though, thank you!

· Registered
16,920 Posts
So my stepson has a draw for Hunt Unit on the Island this Sunday. Looking for a little help on which blinds are shooting best right now. Feel free to PM me….thank you .
What number is his pick?

It's no secret that blinds 6 and 7 are the most sought after.
I understand 5's floor boards were sitting in water on Monday...something to consider if you have a retriever that won't sit on the bench to get out of the water.

· Registered
195 Posts
What number is his pick?

It's no secret that blinds 6 and 7 are the most sought after.
I understand 5's floor boards were sitting in water on Monday...something to consider if you have a retriever that won't sit on the bench to get out of the water.
He has pick 2. I knew 6 and 7 tend to shoot the best…just wasn’t sure if 5, 8, or 9 have been doing well lately. Thank you for the info

· Registered
16,920 Posts
He has pick 2. I knew 6 and 7 tend to shoot the best…just wasn’t sure if 5, 8, or 9 have been doing well lately. Thank you for the info
You likely know this...at this time of year the blinds really stick out. Consider bringing in your own concealment, and/or a tool to cut some corn stalks far from your blind to add additional cover.
Good luck.
There's no shortage of ducks....they're just well educated.

· Registered
526 Posts
You already know to take #6 or #7. I was there Wednesday in #6, and I did better than the average (got 3 birds). #6 has good open water, and has the best cover left. Some guys weren't covering their face (mask or paint), and stood out like a beacon.

421 - 440 of 464 Posts