IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Opening day last year I was walking around in a t-shirt. The slough/creek we hunt has a gross green layer on top that the ducks don't seem to like. Had one mallard for the day that got away scot free...I blew my gun up in the process of trying to kill him lol. The new to me duck club didn't even have water in it first day...

thinking of skipping and going to the beavs game...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I hunted with my son last month. Water was very low and I didn't see much to get excited about. With this weather forecast I'm even less excited. Looks like a honey do list weekend to me. Maybe next week.

This year is the first time my son put in for the Tualatin Valley NWR youth hunt this year. Just got a email saying he did not get drawn. I didn't know it was so hard to get drawn there?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I hunted with my son last month. Water was very low and I didn't see much to get excited about. With this weather forecast I'm even less excited. Looks like a honey do list weekend to me. Maybe next week.

This year is the first time my son put in for the Tualatin Valley NWR youth hunt this year. Just got a email saying he did not get drawn. I didn't know it was so hard to get drawn there?
I'm not sure on how hard it is...My buddy put his two sons in this year and both drew.

·
Registered
24,107 Posts
I have a signed federal duck stamp. A big pile of wing survey envelopes from USFWS. A lake with very little water.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I took my son out for the youth hunt the last weekend of September and was impressed with the bird numbers where we were. Hunted east this last weekend and the bird numbers did not seem that good. I will be out Saturday hoping my son and I can scratch out a few.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gonna be an awesome season. I started hunting my lab last year so now it's prime time.
I got this pintail on the last day of the last season. It's still at the taxidermist. Going to be my first bird mount other than an old suzy my grandfather did. Looking for a nice big northern drake mallard to join her this season.
Bird Beak Twig Water Ducks, geese and swans

·
Registered
38 Posts
No ducks in Oregon yet... weather is too warm....migration hasn't started yet..... better keep fishing for Coho.... start duck hunting in December..... Nothing to see here, carry on..... :)

Looking forward to the westside opener. Let the games begin.

Good luck to all of ya. Keep your dogs safe.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Excited to play with all my new gear lol
AND the new pup!

Missed the east opener returning the wetside too early and now am going back to the eastside and will miss the wetside opener. Trying to figure out how to sneak in a jump shoot over east before the guzzler rehab work starts....we'll see if I can pull it off.
Ya'll have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Not gonna make the opener this year will be in Palm Springs with the Boss Lady...gotta give a little bit since she let book a guided Whitetail hunt in Idaho for November this year...My son Is headed over east to hunt on the Big C with a couple buddys, there first go at it alone.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
For the Sauvie area, the private lands may have a pretty good opener on geese. One flock of Cacks in a cut field was probably abound 2000.

This evening, a decent number of ducks arrived...a good portion were teal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
curious what some opinions are for local (i live in NE Oregon) lab breeders are the best. I've looking up a few in my area, around the tri-cities, spokane, etc. but haven't heard many things about any of the local breeders. My last lab i got from a breeder down in Coos Bay that no longer breeds. i'll be in the market for a lab probably this spring so any advice/info would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
curious what some opinions are for local (i live in NE Oregon) lab breeders are the best. I've looking up a few in my area, around the tri-cities, spokane, etc. but haven't heard many things about any of the local breeders. My last lab i got from a breeder down in Coos Bay that no longer breeds. i'll be in the market for a lab probably this spring so any advice/info would be very much appreciated.
Minnogie kennels 100% only have 1 or 2 litters each year and they go fast. Also Dixie mountain they work closely with Doug and Kim at minnogie they all train together.. great people and amazing dogs...

1 - 20 of 215 Posts