IFish Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Buddy and I are planning on going out Monday and Tuesday... he’s advocating Winchester; I don’t like the dawn tides and might pull rank and go Newport or Depoe instead. Winchester on an outgoing tide can be wicked.

I added downriggers since last season. We are planning on running a flasher/hoochie shallow for silvers, and a CPH down deep on a ‘rigger, and see what’s biting.... REALLY excited to be able to finally control my depth. No more tugging on divers and trying to extrapolate depth from line angle and depth counters.

Reactions: 4 REEL

·
Registered
Raider 2496 Suzuki 300 “Black Beast”
1,958 Posts
We fished yesterday out of the Siuslaw. Only one of 3 boats that we saw. Saw birds and bait the last time we were out in 280’. Started in 350’ after find no bait/birds. No luck there so ran in to 200’ and started west. Lost a small coho but landed a 17 pound chinook later in 230’ on a flasher/ hoochie.
One of the other boats pulled along side later and said he had caught a 15 pound fish but also lost a big one.
We later released two coho and saw him release one.
Nice to get the salmon skunk off of the deck…….

>>—————>

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Glad to hear some folks are salmon fishing and getting at least a few fish, you deserve any you get, especially when conditions aren't great. We will get some better boating conditions, the question is when!
ron m

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah, early part of next week looks pretty good, maybe a bit sporty later in the day...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Atta Boy Rick.... Go Get Some.
We are launching my boat tonight. She'll be moored for a while.
That should help my no-fishin condition!
Too bad this weekend is blown out. But she'll ready next weekend!
Be Safe & I hope you catch all you want....😎🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Live report from a few buddies this morning, fish are dying quickly. I'll be down next weekend to help with that quota.

Coho seem to even have a few pounds on their shoulders already, in the 8-9lb range.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Live report from a few buddies this morning, fish are dying quickly. I'll be down next weekend to help with that quota.

Coho seem to even have a few pounds on their shoulders already, in the 8-9lb range.

Where are they fishing from? Pretty much every bar was closed this morning. Depoe now sits at 20' and Yaquina at 40'.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Depoe

Right on! Must really want to fish to be out there today. My big boat friends who fish on days the charter guys turn around didn't even drive over this weekend. Beautiful morning here in Newport though.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The restrictions must have just lessened or been lifted. Now I'm watching a few boats head NNW.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm going to try trolling at seal rock on tuesday. Boat has been moored all month, but my off work days don't match the weather days. I bought a 21# flat downrigger ball at Englunds, so maybe this one won't blow back into my prop like the other 2 12# round balls did! Good luck all.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I hurt my back splitting wood and my trip is now imperiled. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmmm. If you are going to critique a writer's writing, it's best to make sure yours is correct in the first place; it avoids embarrassment . You missed a couple of essential commas at the end of your independent clauses, and your writing fluency is a little off here and there. Just helping you out a little. I realize you didn't ask for help, but neither did the poor fisherman you just critiqued:) Happy fishin'!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If conditions allow, I might just be fishing the 19th!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hoping for a weekend like July 11 th last year off of Waldport
Ribbons of krill a hundred yards long on the surface
Herring jumping all over the place and salmon ( mostly Chinook for us ) feeding under it all
What a weekend

·
Registered
222 Posts
Depending on tomorrow’s forecast for Tuesday, I’m thinking of giving it a try on Tuesday. Any suggestions on where to start? I’m thinking off the light house and keep working my way west.
would love some intel or suggestions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Max: with the south wind forecasted, I'm heading south on tuesday. pm me your number and I'll call you if I find any fish

·
Registered
Raider 2496 Suzuki 300 “Black Beast”
1,958 Posts
Coho we’re on the bite this morning. We went 6 for 6 on 5-7 pound fish.
120’ of water out of the Siuslaw. Our hot gear were spoons. Green and white and a pink teardrop. Maybe a half dozen boats. Most all we saw were catching. We didn’t touch a chinook.
Back at it tomorrow..

41 - 60 of 90 Posts