IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to get this off the ground. Seen a couple random reports already.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I was hoping to find some reports here myself! We bottom fished on Saturday but didn't have time to try for salmon. We did have a salmon follow a bottom fishing jig to the boat but that's the best I've got.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Would like to get this off the ground. Seen a couple random reports already.
Can you edit the post to "thread" please? That is going to drive me crazy always looking at that post spelled wrong, especially when I'm hoping to contribute to it. Sorry, I was raised by a mother who was an English major. She always corrected our grammar drilling it into our heads. It stuck pretty well 30 years later.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Sometimes it's good to specify which port or ports for the reports, makes it easier to find info on salmon fishing from a particular port. This board will get busier in One when coho season opens and IMO that's when it's really helpful to have a salmon thread for each section of the coast. It works pretty well to put Newport and Depoe together since their fishing areas overlap, but most of the rest of the ports do well with their own thread. Of course that's just my opinion, I'm sure others would prefer one thread for the entire OR coast.
ron m

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you edit the post to "thread" please. That is going to drive me crazy always looking at that post spelled wrong especially when I'm hoping to contribute to it. Sorry I was raised by a mother who was an English major who always corrected our grammar drilling it into our heads. It stuck pretty well 30 years later.
Sorry, what a dope. I always harp on my kids to proof read before posting.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes it's good to specify which port or ports for the reports, makes it easier to find info on salmon fishing from a particular port. This board will get busier in One when coho season opens and IMO that's when it's really helpful to have a salmon thread for each section of the coast. It works pretty well to put Newport and Depoe together since their fishing areas overlap, but most of the rest of the ports do well with their own thread. Of course that's just my opinion, I'm sure others would prefer one thread for the entire OR coast.
ron m
Thanks Ron. Makes sense, made the change. We can add Coho to the title here soon too.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Can you edit the post to "thread" please. That is going to drive me crazy always looking at that post spelled wrong especially when I'm hoping to contribute to it. Sorry I was raised by a mother who was an English major who always corrected our grammar drilling it into our heads. It stuck pretty well 30 years later.
Do you realize that you just opened yourself up to intense scrutiny?

Reactions: Doublelung

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Cool. Since you were asking a question in the first sentence of your first post in this thread, please edit the sentence by substituting a question mark for the period.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Cool. Since you were asking a question in the first sentence of your first post in this thread, please edit the sentence by substituting a question mark for the period.
Yah, and he should insert a comma between wrong and especially also.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Yah, and he should insert a comma between wrong and especially also.
One thing at a time. The third sentence in particular is poorly constructed.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
We must need to go fishin, a ruffin him up like that.
Yeah, I’ll forbear. He volunteered, though.

And I know what you’re doing.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Much better. A comma after “thread” would add to your score.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
So, back to the thread (and in possible offense to proper English) - after getting our lings about 5 miles south of Newport Saturday, we went to the SE side of the Rockpile and trolled on the SE side of the Rockpile for about two hours - without a bite. We pulled flasher and plug cut herring at 40 ft to 90 ft. Finally, the wind made downrigger fishing less fun that it might be and we went back inside to see if conditions were better there. They were much the same inside and we called it a day around 3:00. Early in the day (and still by Otter Rock) I did hear someone say they had two in the boat and were fishing at 80 ft on the downrigger. Later I saw a boat come by with a downrigger out and a flasher turning on a racked rod. chinook? Don't know, but it sounded like it. Anyway, we'll keep at it and eventually the results will be better. We did have whales keeping pace with us for about 40 minutes. I had to change course a few times when they came too close. A great day on the pond!!!!

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Can you edit the post to "thread" please? That is going to drive me crazy always looking at that post spelled wrong, especially when I'm hoping to contribute to it. Sorry, I was raised by a mother who was an English major. She always corrected our grammar drilling it into our heads. It stuck pretty well 30 years later.
😂

1 - 20 of 90 Posts