IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
621 - 640 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
The quality of the new superbaits is terrible
This was one a buddy left on the boat, purchased recently. All of my super bait stock is a few years old, I can't remember the last time I broke one of those. I'm going to compare the two to see if there are any band aid fixes, having one break after one fish is not acceptable in my book.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah, super baits tend to do that when they get hammered.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Late report went out yesterday with a buddy boat still down. One wild coho lost another one. Pretty slow overall. Is a fat lady singing yet? Stick a fork in it?

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Yeah, super baits tend to do that when they get hammered.
The point SG was trying to make is that they don't make 'em like they used to. I've got old SBs that have been hammered 2 dozen times this fall, they are just missing a little paint. One little coho destroys a new one on it's first swim.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The point SG was trying to make is that they don't make 'em like they used to. I've got old SBs that have been hammered 2 dozen times this fall, they are just missing a little paint. One little coho destroys a new one on it's first swim.
I bought all the old ones 😄

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Cold Foggy Morning near the Lower reaches of the Dead zZone. Solo trip and 1 chinook and 3 lost fish fishing close to the bottom on the downhill troll. My Brads Cut plug went dead after about 9 AM so made an experimental pass with a wholeHerring and lost another. Water temp was in the low 60’s

Saw a couple and a young child on a nice Riverwild ahead of me with a HOT fish and saw a pair of harbor seals headed in for attack. They mentioned they forgot their NET!!!!! I reeled up and headed close by to hand off net and do circles around them to scare the seals. The donuts around them Worked and they landed probably the biggest Coho I have seen in a while. I thought it was a nook but they said it was coho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cold Foggy Morning near the Lower reaches of the Dead zZone. Solo trip and 1 for 4 fishing close to the bottom on the downhill troll. My Brads Cut plug went dead after about 9 AM so made an experimental pass with a wholeHerring and lost another. Water temp was in the low 60’s

Saw a couple and a young child on a nice Riverwild ahead of me with a HOT fish and saw a pair of harbor seals headed in for attack. They mentioned they forgot their NET!!!!! I reeled up and headed close by to hand off net and do circles around them to scare the seals. The donuts around them Worked and they landed probably the biggest Coho I have seen in a while. I thought it was a nook but they said it was coho.

Awesome. This opens a whole new world of possibility. One boat fights fish. Another boat harasses the sea lions. Can we all take the pledge from here on out stick to this program? Teamwork makes the dream work, I always say.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Saw a couple and a young child on a nice Riverwild ahead of me with a HOT fish and saw a pair of harbor seals headed in for attack. They mentioned they forgot their NET!!!!! I reeled up and headed close by to hand off net and do circles around them to scare the seals. The donuts around them Worked and they landed probably the biggest Coho I have seen in a while. I thought it was a nook but they said it was

1000% chinook. Nice looking one!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Good job Derek! Teamwork makes dream work! 🤸

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cold Foggy Morning near the Lower reaches of the Dead zZone. Solo trip and 1 for 4 fishing close to the bottom on the downhill troll. My Brads Cut plug went dead after about 9 AM so made an experimental pass with a wholeHerring and lost another. Water temp was in the low 60’s

Did you fish the herring on a 360? And out of curiosity, what do you mean by "went dead"?

ETA, nice fish!! And nice work running interference on the seals!! Awesome

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Did you fish the herring on a 360? And out of curiosity, what do you mean by "went dead"?

ETA, nice fish!! And nice work running interference on the seals!! Awesome

Yeah made 2 passes with out a bite on the Brads . Lol. Been kind of spoiled lately.
So I ran a 360 and whole herring. Didn’t really feel confident but got bit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah made 2 passes with out a bite on the Brads . Lol. Been kind of spoiled lately.

Ha! Nice... I've got a bunch of orange labels and I've been meaning to put one in a helmet and run it behind a 360. Might give it a shot.

Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Cold Foggy Morning near the Lower reaches of the Dead zZone. Solo trip and 1 chinook and 3 lost fish fishing close to the bottom on the downhill troll. My Brads Cut plug went dead after about 9 AM so made an experimental pass with a wholeHerring and lost another. Water temp was in the low 60’s

Nice fish! And awesome job handing off the net and running crowd control on the seals.

·
Registered
380 Posts

The last 4 fish I've landed in the dead zone have been on herring. Two with helmets, two whole. That was the "go to" when I started fall fishing in that reach 10 years ago, or whenever Megabyte used to post on here. Definitely a little more work than spinners but I get a little bored and like to change things up occasionally and put something different in front of them. What's more natural to chomp on than a herring!?!?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

Guaranteed to hook fish when you leave the net at home

Reactions: AndyR

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Anyone run whole anchovies in the dead zone this time of year?

·
Registered
234 Posts

Great job Derek. I was putting in at 11 am and did not see that action. But I wish I had I would have helped. You might have put the fear into them because I fished below the Lewis to above the deadline from noon to 5pm and never saw a seal.
I saw more action today than I did Sat from 12 to dark.
I got two fish. A nice 7 lb female Chinook with sea lice she hit on a Medium size brads and then after a couple passes of that and no action I changed up 360's and went to a smaller pink hootchie with a smile blade. Think big kokanee lure. Wham! Nice coho. smaller, 3.7 lb and 22 inch. Both hatchery
Going back out tomorrow with a buddy.

621 - 640 of 711 Posts