IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
321 - 340 of 500 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
After work trips this week out of Chinook Landing. No hits, runs or errors yet. Plan to run up to Reed tomorrow after work and see if I can make it happen up there.

Reactions: Towguy

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Fished Sunday at the deadline. Had a solid day, missed three, got three (one chinook, two coho), including one that came while I was cooking burgers for the team. I charged Mike with guarding the burgers so the dogs wouldn't eat them, Amy reeled in the coho, we bonked it, and went back to preparing the burgers. 45 and 60 on the counter was working.

After we ate, we turned downriver. At the very bottom of the pack, we were literally the lowest boat, I started my turn, and was out towards the center of the channel, and the next lowest boat, about 30 yards away, hooked a big chinook. It took off on a big run, and went under our boat. It got all four of our lines. I told the crew to free spool, and we orbited as he got his fish, which was easily 25 lbs, maybe 30. We all cheered, it was a beast.

We stayed close while he separated our gear. Rather than cut his line and give the mess to us, after we cooperated in getting his fish, he cut every piece of my four rigs, and gave back most, not all of the pieces. Thanks, Mr. FishRite, I can afford more sinkers. I didn't want to re-rig four rods, so we called it a day. Still a good day with good friends.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Just got home from fishing a very windy Davis Bar. Went 0 for 1. Lost it at the boat. Mexican hat spinner with salmon slammer gel. 2 other boats out. Water 66.7F.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Fished Sunday at the deadline. Had a solid day, missed three, got three (one chinook, two coho), including one that came while I was cooking burgers for the team. I charged Mike with guarding the burgers so the dogs wouldn't eat them, Amy reeled in the coho, we bonked it, and went back to preparing the burgers. 45 and 60 on the counter was working.

After we ate, we turned downriver. At the very bottom of the pack, we were literally the lowest boat, I started my turn, and was out towards the center of the channel, and the next lowest boat, about 30 yards away, hooked a big chinook. It took off on a big run, and went under our boat. It got all four of our lines. I told the crew to free spool, and we orbited as he got his fish, which was easily 25 lbs, maybe 30. We all cheered, it was a beast.

We stayed close while he separated our gear. Rather than cut his line and give the mess to us, after we cooperated in getting his fish, he cut every piece of my four rigs, and gave back most, not all of the pieces. Thanks, Mr. FishRite, I can afford more sinkers. I didn't want to re-rig four rods, so we called it a day. Still a good day with good friends.
Very ******* thing he did!!
good karma coming your way for your next trip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got my Dad into a 7 lb chromer Coho after work at the I-5 trestle. Marked a TON of fish between the trestle and the white anchor bouy trolling downhill. Waited for our rods to bury and nothing. Swapped out spinner and Kokanee cut plug (pink and copper) with bloody garlic tuna, turned around and trolled uphill. Bam! 16 oz. 37 ft.

Water Sky Vertebrate Bermuda shorts Fisherman

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got my Dad into a 7 lb chromer Coho after work at the I-5 trestle. Marked a TON of fish between the trestle and the white anchor bouy trolling downhill. Waited for our rods to bury and nothing. Swapped out spinner and Kokanee cut plug (pink and copper) with bloody garlic tuna, turned around and trolled uphill. Bam! 16 oz. 37 ft.

View attachment 963159
Thankfully it was a Coho so we don’t have to go through the Tule protocol….😅

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
Wind forecast this morning for the Dead Zone was 6 knots. I'm here to tell you it was understated. I road the rollers early morning until one bite and one fish in the box. Looks like the nets will go in zones 4 and 5 tomorrow night..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wind forecast this morning for the Dead Zone was 6 knots. I'm here to tell you it was understated. I road the rollers early morning until one bite and one fish in the box. Looks like the nets will go in zones 4 and 5 tomorrow night..
I was going to try this morning solo but turned around after seeing the wind. My Arima is a pain to steer into the wind....will be out tomorrow though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yesterday o dark thirty to about 11. 0/1 Lost a nice one. Fishing solo has its challenges for sure.
Marked tons of fish during the ebb then not much after low slack. Weird!!!

Nets? I didn't get a notice but I know they met today. No surprise I guess. Happens every year. Thought maybe the low steelhead returns may have some weight but guess not. Why not kill some more.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
After work trips this week out of Chinook Landing. No hits, runs or errors yet. Plan to run up to Reed tomorrow after work and see if I can make it happen up there.
Fished Reed on Monday evening for a couple of hours. Saw about 8 caught and had marks all over the screen. I just couldn't get anything to bite. Went further up river yesterday evening and went 2 for 4 one of them being lost to a sealion.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
Northwest wind this evening made things trying at Reed. I managed one downhill pass while keeping a diligent hand on the kicker to keep the bow into the wind. At the bottom of the run, I followed the sheep and turned the bow upstream and let the wind steer the boat. After about ten minutes the rod starts bouncing. Ended up losing a jack near the boat. No other bites for me but saw a net here or there. Enough action to keep hope alive but alas the fish box was empty when I returned to port.

Reactions: H_histrionicus

·
Registered
940 Posts
Same as ampersat. Launched about 4:30. Saw two boats netting fish on my way to the top to start the first pass. Looked promising. Breeze was noticeable and seemed to pick up a little as the night went on. Stayed til right at sunset. Saw a coupon others caught but not a sniff for me.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

One pic to get folks excited for the re-opener. My nephew’s first. I had to hold the rod and it took him two hands on the power-handle but he reeled it all the way to zero on the counter!

I’m headed for the woods, but I’m sure a pile of fish will get caught this weekend.

Release the dark and large spotted ones. If it’s questionable, it’s not worth getting the season shut down again!
Priceless pic!!!! (y)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
We launched out of Chinook Landing at 6:30am.... Headed up river to the Rooster Rock area......Had 7 fish on and landed 3 for our limit....All on spinners...

NRS

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Ran over 12 miles of fish this morning and never touched a one. Might have something to do with the big outgoing tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Fished the deadline the 15th. Buddy got one right off the bat, a fish in the 1st hour of his brand new pioneer license. It’s good to be old! We also had a drive bye and a chinook lost at the boat. 3 rods fishing. A 3.5 plain copper spinner w red beads n tubing has been good for a fish or two last trips.

We got out fished by a lot of boats Fish checker at 3:00 said something like 34 fish for 26 boats checked. Silvers were being bonked, so the lower section opening up Friday should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

321 - 340 of 500 Posts