IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
301 - 320 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fished the deadline again this morning. Pretty steady bite through the incoming then it slowed down. We went 4 for 8, bonking 2 nooks and a ho. Some bites deep some suspended in 30 -50’ of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
598 Posts
Launched out of 42nd again this morning. Didn't even make it to the I5 Bridge and had 2 in the box. Back at the ramp at 7. Was really skeptical about the smaller of the fish being a tule. Big spots down through the tail. I was mistaken! Cut really good. Got 1 on a bronco spinner and the other on a superbait.

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
2 Rods, went this evening after work to join the fun at the deadline. Had two quick takedowns within 5 minutes of dropping in lines, including a lost fish at the boat.

Had a few more tugs, finally got on the board with a small jack. Then on our last pass before calling it a night got a nice nook. Plan was to make the turn at the deadline then call it. Put lines back in, made the turn, partners rod buries. 2 fish on boat within 10 minutes and we headed home.

Pretty consistent actions. Talking to boats around us, few passer byes, but had trouble getting things to stick.

All 7 of our hits for both rods came on 4.0 Mad clown Spinfish and panty dropper 360

·
Registered
940 Posts
Happy hour shift after work. Launched about 4:30 in camas. Me and the pup. Light traffic. Maybe 10-12 boats working above 50. Caught a 32” upriver fish and lost what felt pretty small after only a brief tussle. Right on the bottom. Pro troll and copper bronco. Daph only jumped in 3 times. Luckily she’s a strong swimmer and I can just kick it out of gear and she catches up so I can drag her back in.
Can I touch it?

Spotless girl:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Launched out of 42nd again this morning. Didn't even make it to the I5 Bridge and had 2 in the box. Back at the ramp at 7. Was really skeptical about the smaller of the fish being a tule. Big spots down through the tail. I was mistaken! Cut really good. Got 1 on a bronco spinner and the other on a superbait.
I think some folks on here have made it seem that every fish is a tule, i looked over your picture and everything about that fish looks like a bright to me. Great work!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think some folks on here have made it seem that every fish is a tule, i looked over your picture and everything about that fish looks like a bright to me. Great work!
Thanks! The filter helps! It was a little dusky when first brought to the boat. I ensured my buddy it wasn't a tule but he thought it was. After a quick gill check I knew it would cut fine. I've been mistaken before. Here's a bucket shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yesterday’s report, three rods. Pro trolls/3.5s and Protrolls/super bait. Had to decide between Camas/Washougal or Davis/Cat and picked down lower. First pass, one bite. Second pass, two bites. Third pass, fish on! Bonked a 10ish pound nook, ran back up, and landed another running through roughly the same spot. Repeated the drill and ended up bonking our third king in the same area. Super fun flurry of action for us!

With our chinook limit we put away the trolling gear and went after coho casting spinners and wiggle warts into areas we thought they might be holing up. Ended up releasing one wild coho jack before calling it a day.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
One more time: Not every non chrome fish is a Tule. There are hatch fish in the Bonneville pool that are NOT Tules. Tule is not "unfit for human consumption". Just like not every cut of beef eats like prime rib, some fish need extra sauce/spice to improve edibility. For example, halibut, as prized as it is, is bland and insipid on its own.

The last fish in my boat came the day the river closed below Warrior, and had (almost) all the marks of a Tule. (It had no notable stink). Last night I put the last of it and some six day old Coho in the brine. The Coho had an off smell, the (probable) Tule did not.

·
Registered
598 Posts
One more time: Not every non chrome fish is a Tule. There are hatch fish in the Bonneville pool that are NOT Tules. Tule is not "unfit for human consumption". Just like not every cut of beef eats like prime rib, some fish need extra sauce/spice to improve edibility. For example, halibut, as prized as it is, is bland and insipid on its own.

The last fish in my boat came the day the river closed below Warrior, and had (almost) all the marks of a Tule. (It had no notable stink). Last night I put the last of it and some six day old Coho in the brine. The Coho had an off smell, the (probable) Tule did not.
Who you talk'n to??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great way to start the day!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Started out yesterday below tina bar put 2 in the box there. There was a very good daylight bite. Lost another. Ender up going down to the mess to finish out our limit. Ended up 4/8. All fish on spinners 30-42 ft.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Word musta got out about the deadline bite. Musta been 200+ boats there this morning. Fish were caught. I'm headed back up river for the rest of the season....

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I’ve been fortunate to be able to fish everyday since the river reopened. First light until about 11:00. It’s been very good. My fish box has looked like the below pic everyday.

Hot tamale superbait has accounted for the majority of my fish. However, had a lightbulb blade that ran hot a couple days.

Have caught fish at 25-85 on the counter with 16-20oz.

I hear lots of people say to target coho in shallow water or suspended. Today, we landed 6 coho and one chinook. All in 50’ of water and 65-80 on the counter.

I’ve averaged almost 2 doubles a trip. Been crazy good at times. Haven’t seen fishing like this since 2013 & 2014.

Water temp is cooling and fish are pouring in. Get out there and get them while we can.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I’ve been fortunate to be able to fish everyday since the river reopened. First light until about 11:00. It’s been very good. My fish box has looked like the below pic everyday.

Hot tamale superbait has accounted for the majority of my fish. However, had a lightbulb blade that ran hot a couple days.

Have caught fish at 25-85 on the counter with 16-20oz.

I hear lots of people say to target coho in shallow water or suspended. Today, we landed 6 coho and one chinook. All in 50’ of water and 65-80 on the counter.

I’ve averaged almost 2 doubles a trip. Been crazy good at times. Haven’t seen fishing like this since 2013 & 2014.

Water temp is cooling and fish are pouring in. Get out there and get them while we can.

Superbait makes a come back! Nice!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Fished the deadline today from 8:30 to 1:30. Ended up with one Chinook and a native Coho released. All on 3.0 spinfish filled with tuna. Nothing on spinners.

301 - 320 of 500 Posts