IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
281 - 300 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Today, 7-1115ish. Multnomah falls and below Bonny. PT's with Spinfish and 3.5's. 4 rods. 1 driveby, 1 coho kept, 1 slimy stinky put back. Seen some nets but not wide open. Noonish at Chinook Landing checker had 5 adult nooks, 1 coho (ours), 1 put back for 22 boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the report. That is pretty a pretty depressing catch rate if you believe the checker at noon. 75% of boats had nothing to take home. For prime time mid September that is strange.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got out late with my daughter for a few hours today. Fished rooster rock & reed island areas and saw very few fish on the screen. One small tug on a 360 and Mexican hat. 360 and a spin fish got skunked. What a difference a week makes…
Maybe the rain forecast for the end of the week might bring some fish up?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Got one at Davis today. Saw 3 others caught. Fish finder pretty blank. Maybe 20-30 boats. Tug boats working all weekend.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Good to see a Chinook.. How'd it cut? I caught a bright jack that cut pale..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It cut great. Just had it on the BBQ with some wine and corn. Mmmmm good. Wife was impressed.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
9am to 1pm with my 3 year old son today. We had a double right as the outgo started to get rolling below Davis in the middle... what a **** show! We landed and released a native and the other came unbuttoned before we had a chance to botch the net job. Both rods were set up the same with chrome Pro-Troll's / Original Brads Hot Tamale. Marked a LOT of fish today that were not liking what we had going on, tried deep, shallow, speed adjustments, zig zags...etc. Good thing the Columbia is action packed to a little guy who loves big "equipment." Getting some honks from the Tug is all he needed!

Water Sky Cloud Shorts Watercraft

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Got out late with my daughter for a few hours today. Fished rooster rock & reed island areas and saw very few fish on the screen. One small tug on a 360 and Mexican hat. 360 and a spin fish got skunked. What a difference a week makes…
Maybe the rain forecast for the end of the week might bring some fish up?
I fished 2-6:30 on Saturday on the hook around that area. Had issues with my kicker or would have been trolling. Saw 15-20 caught in that timeframe by the same amount of boats. It was white hot. Tried everything to get kicker going. Did catch two pro trolls and two spinners on my anchor. Pulled anchor each time and gave gear back to anglers.

Fish Gods still hate me and wouldn’t start my kicker when I prayed to them 😂 my young son offered to jump out and swim to steer the boat.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
not hot at davis/cat I-5 but at least a little warm. Fished Sunday afternoon with special celebrity guest star Tinman. We pulled three skateboards and various 3.5s and went two for two on clipped coho. Bubba helped on the second take down, which was a buzzer beater that came right as we were packing up. 5 minutes prior we were discussing how to split the one fish we had in the box. Problem solved!

Water Boat Cloud Vertebrate Sky

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Great pic. That's one happy kiddo!!!!!
Plan on hitting the same area tomorrow early early.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
not hot at davis/cat I-5 but at least a little warm. Fished Sunday afternoon with special celebrity guest star Tinman. We pulled three skateboards and various 3.5s and went two for two on clipped coho. Bubba helped on the second take down, which was a buzzer beater that came right as we were packing up. 5 minutes prior we were discussing how to split the one fish we had in the box. Problem solved!

View attachment 963050
Since you fish the airport area, I was wondering if you’ve ever noticed that the fish seem to absolutely disappear from you FF after the morning? I’ve tried looking in the channel as the day progresses but can’t seem to figure out where they change their swim lane to when it gets brighter out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Went 7/10, for 4 rods, yesterday lower down. All action in the early am. Got good reports of early am fishing around the airport and higher up on Saturday. Had buddies that slept in and launched around 11 and gave me pretty grim reports from both days. My weekend takeaway: the early bird gets the worm.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Since you fish the airport area, I was wondering if you’ve ever noticed that the fish seem to absolutely disappear from you FF after the morning? I’ve tried looking in the channel as the day progresses but can’t seem to figure out where they change their swim lane to when it gets brighter out.

Yea. trolling last weekend the FF was about to explode but we never touched a fish. Yesterday the FF was blank for the vast majority of the time and we hit 2. It's nice to see fish under you but I'm not convinced that it matters trolling the way it does sitting on the hook. If you're anchored and the screen is blank all morning it's no bueno. I think in general in Cat/Davis area you're correct and after the sun gets up you don't mark too much. But that's doesn't always translate to slower fishing (in my experience, anyway).

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Scratch fishing in my part of Zone 5 this morning. Ran over a gazillion feeeesh before finding a biter. Copper and red 3.5, silver flasher. (That's all I use.). Dime bright URB about 15 pounds. Also lost a dink that twisted like a coho.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Are the nets still in on Mon & Wed nights? Anyone know? Or did they get their quota?
Thanks
RJ

281 - 300 of 500 Posts