IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Proposed Early Fall gillnet schedule for Zones 4 and 5: 9, 11. 16, 18, 23, 25, 30 Aug and 1 Sep. Tight lines......

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Fine. Give up. Never mind that sports get nearly the entire tule quota, a hundred miles of river with no nets, and come Sept 2 the entire lower river with no nets. It didn't use to be this way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fine. Give up. Never mind that sports get nearly the entire tule quota, a hundred miles of river with no nets, and come Sept 2 the entire lower river with no nets. It didn't use to be this way.
Tule, he says. 🤣🤣🤣🤯🤯🤯 Geeeeeee, thanks for the 💩 fish. We should all be so grateful. No nets after Sept 1, he says. 🤣

I will wager you $1,000 there are nets in the river after September 1. Adaptive management, right?

·
Ray S.
921 Posts
They will be shut down after the night of the 23rd because they will have caught their early allotment. Don't panic amigos there will be plenty of fish. Then later in late sept. and oct. the compact will do their normal thing to let them make the dead zone live up to it's name.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Tule, he says. 🤣🤣🤣🤯🤯🤯 Geeeeeee, thanks for the 💩 fish. We should all be so grateful. No nets after Sept 1, he says. 🤣

I will wager you $1,000 there are nets in the river after September 1. Adaptive management, right?
The fall fishery can be/has been constrained by tule impacts. Nets taking tules might get the URB fishery shut down early. Nets not taking tules helps to ensure more opportunity for sports to get URBs. Fine. I should have said there would likely not be any more netting until after the bulk of the run has passed.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I wasn't talking Brights I was saying there August fishing is going to be pretty slim. There's not to many years the white nets don't surpass there quota on Brights.
The tribes are largely responsible for the gillnet buyout and other bills getting defeated every year in the leg. They don't want to be the only gillnets in the water and apply lots of pressure to the leg.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Standard operating procedure here. Threads start before the season is open, they b!tch moan and complain about the nets, a small handful start fishing early, then the rest start in September get a couple fish, then the nets go back in, and they start b!tching it isn’t fair, then rinse and repeat for for the next fishery and so on and so on 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 500 Posts