IFish Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
If he lost a bunch of Spey rods/high end reels or Winstons outfitted with Perfects they’d be pushing $1,500, but 6 or 7 setups? That’d still leave $5,000 for waders, flies, bags, pontoons, etc. I think the exaggeration part definitely comes into play. Or insurance fraud.

Fishermen getting unattended gear jacked is unfortunately as old as fishing.

Anywho, hope the fishing has been good and the lake isn’t too crowded with Wickiup and Crescent being a mess.

That was my initial thought. It also looked like his wife or lady friend posting it. No matter what I lost I don't think I would let my wife know it was even close to that much.:cry:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Hey Dave,
any reliable reports on wicki?
have you fished it this year?
Have not heard of a kokanee being caught from Wick. A few browns and a rainbow or two that's it. I won't be fishing it with those results. I knew it would be bad but even the pessimist in me did not think this bad for the kokes.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If he lost a bunch of Spey rods/high end reels or Winstons outfitted with Perfects they’d be pushing $1,500, but 6 or 7 setups? That’d still leave $5,000 for waders, flies, bags, pontoons, etc. I think the exaggeration part definitely comes into play. Or insurance fraud
Here is a local news report about the thefts.

It states that a Redmond fisherman had $15,000 worth of fly fishing gear taken from the back of his truck, and another theft occurred at Gull Point at Wickiup.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Laying odds there’s a follow up story about insurance fraud. Doesn’t take much internet sleuthing to see the potential.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Crane Prairie fishing reports.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Laying odds there’s a follow up story about insurance fraud. Doesn’t take much internet sleuthing to see the potential.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Crane Prairie fishing reports.

It's real easy to rack up $15K in top end flyfishing gear and I can attest to that. Now leaving it all in the back of a pickup, that's a diffesrnt story.
Now back to the Crane Praire fishing report.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My friend went back out to Crane today and boated two nice Kokes and thirteen native Bows, sounds like a decent day fishing but very cold, the two Kokes were 13" and 15". Will be some decent size Kokes come July.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am headed to Craine Thursday for an annual trip and hoping the weather holds. I’ll make sure to post on my return.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
When are you heading there? I’ll make sure to give an update when I am there.
Saturday night and fishing a little on Sunday and then again giving it our all on Monday if mother nature co-operates. We are staying at a house in Sun River while driving back and forth. I will PM you my cell number and if you can preferably text me there, or post a report here, because I have a hard time logging in on here on my cell.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Saturday night and fishing a little on Sunday and then again giving it our all on Monday if mother nature co-operates. We are staying at a house in Sun River while driving back and forth. I will PM you my cell number and if you can preferably text me there, or post a report here, because I have a hard time logging in on here on my cell.
Try tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Buddy hit crane mid morning after striking out on odell from daylight to 0945... pulled headed to crane he said the little tiny gnats were like nothing he has ever seen... he said they turned his white boat black! They trolled, tied up and drifted with zero success... said they were around 4-5 other boats and never saw a fish. Maybe the cooler weather this weekend will keep that hatch down?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Twenty or so boats today. Midges were everywhere. Fish are spread out. We managed 8. Some boats did better, some did worse. Sounded like a shallow was the ticket but the info was too late for us. Bring a bug net to combat the midges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bank fished this evening near the Resort, landed a nice Rainbow in a short amount of time. Like other have said, the midges are thick right now, covering every light colored surface.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bugs are bad but have seen worse here. All rainbows and only fished for 4 hours, all between 16 and 17 inches.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Drove by Rock Creek on Friday and Saturday. Gate is still closed. 🙁

Trolled Crane today. Took a while to find the right stuff. Flatfish with a flasher and a small weight caught 5 trout 13-17". Sunrise spinner from Paulina Peak tackle brought in 2 nice kokes. (14" and 16") We released all the trout. Just finished a wonderful kokanee dinner. It makes up for a tough long weekend. (Wickiup and Odell were very disappointing)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts