IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
We will be over there Saturday, anyone have any good tips for early season on crane? If you see an orange clackacraft magnum say hi!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Forest Service ramp is open by the resort. Parking lot is nearly snow free. Was overflowing today. We stayed in the NE part of the lake. Saw few fish landed or hooked. several boats coming in had similar action. not the best opener I've had there but was great to be on that water again. For those that for reference to the buoys are out today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Forest Service ramp is open by the resort. Parking lot is nearly snow free. Was overflowing today. We stayed in the NE part of the lake. Saw few fish landed or hooked. several boats coming in had similar action. not the best opener I've had there but was great to be on that water again. For those that for reference to the buoys are out today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The parking lot was full. Fishing was spotty but we managed a couple dozen on a very windy day. Back at it tomorrow

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
A buddy talked to a State LEO up there and he said the gate a S. Century and Cascade Lakes Hwy won't open until May 1st. He also said they are doing some logging in Quinn Campground and it might be closed all season. I hope this report is wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Sad times we are living in now when one cant leave fishing gear in a boat over night and enjoy a Camp possibly knowing someone might be stealing your gear🤦🏻‍♂️ I had a buddy here on ifish that someone helped themselves to a brand new pole and Tanacom 750 at Newport last summer at the dock!! The Cahonnies of some people!!! But thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Who on earth would bring $15,000 worth of fly gear on a trout fishing trip to Crane? That’d be hard to do. Sounds like he’d better have a very generous and gullible insurance agent...

·
Super Moderator
9,106 Posts
It starred out t w e a k e r s for some reason.
For some reason it was entered into the word filter. But, I don’t know when or why. It’s very disconcerting to hear of this criminal activity in the area. A top of the line fly rod and reel can go upwards of $1,500. A few of those and other accessories adds up quickly. Still, $15,000 is a lot. Perhaps, the report was a bit exaggerated. You know how fishermen are...

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Who on earth would bring $15,000 worth of fly gear on a trout fishing trip to Crane? That’d be hard to do. Sounds like he’d better have a very generous and gullible insurance agent...
Who in their right mind would bring $15000 worth of fly gear and not lock it up at night???

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
For some reason it was entered into the word filter. But, I don’t know when or why. It’s very disconcerting to hear of this criminal activity in the area. A top of the line fly rod and reel can go upwards of $1,500. A few of those and other accessories adds up quickly. Still, $15,000 is a lot. Perhaps, the report was a bit exaggerated. You know how fishermen are...
If he lost a bunch of Spey rods/high end reels or Winstons outfitted with Perfects they’d be pushing $1,500, but 6 or 7 setups? That’d still leave $5,000 for waders, flies, bags, pontoons, etc. I think the exaggeration part definitely comes into play. Or insurance fraud.

Fishermen getting unattended gear jacked is unfortunately as old as fishing.

Anywho, hope the fishing has been good and the lake isn’t too crowded with Wickiup and Crescent being a mess.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Tried Crane for the first time yesterday, we were only fishing for Kokes and ended up with a 13" Koke and a 16" Bow that was a native and had to let it go. We got there after 9:00 and the weather did not make for the most pleasant day of fishing. We lost four others that were on the line. Not overly impressed with the Koke fishing but maybe it was just the weather or combination of us not knowing the lake.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Crane has a few Kokanee but it’s not really thought of as a great Kokanee fishery. I don’t think they stock any so it’s natural production only.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Who in their right mind would bring $15000 worth of fly gear and not lock it up at night???
An education can be expensive. No different than the numbskull that leaves all their hunting gear in the back seat of the truck, parked out on the street, the night before they leave on a hunt.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts