IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start a new thread. New season. The first preseason game was rough, going to take a while to learn a new coaching style and philosophies.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Should be an interesting season! I’m glad Jordan Kent is gone, but Kevin Calabro still drives me crazy. He is definitely hands down a better announcer, but he constantly gets calls, scores, teams and players wrong every game. I used to record some of his horrible mistakes. Maybe he’ll do better this season? Hope the team does as well! Go Blazers!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Season starts tomorrow. What is everyone's predictions. I think it will be slow start to the season as the learn the new system. 48-34 5th seed.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
It has to be better than the preseason games. Looking forward to start watching games again! I hope everyone can stay healthy.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Wow, is it just me or is this some of the worst defense I've ever seen played by any trailblazer team?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
First, I definitely won’t let the first game define our defense. We can’t possibly be worse than we have for years. We were able to get back in the game without Lillard nailing 3’s. A work in progress for sure, but definitely and always hopeful! Go Blazers!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
We lost our home opener to Sacramento. That sums it up. Not going to work well with the current, small, offensively oriented roster. win a few when we shoot decent or better. Won’t beat many good bigger teams

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
In short Harrison Barnes and Fox were super smooth. There was no smoothness on our side besides few steals. Fox and Barnes shot with authority. It was game 1 and I expected a statement from the face of team. McCollum is just usual but no gaurantee. If our struggles are real with just Kings, I wonder what will happen when the heavy weight teams are going to be there. I can live with an excuse that it was season opener but than we played Kings. Felt great to be there! GO BLAZERS!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Congrats to Coach Billups! McCollum feelin it and Nasir Little's like a firecracker. Hope Norman stays healrhy and its minor. GO BLAZERS!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow what a different team. Can't shoot tonight, turnovers galore. Not sure what is up with Dame to start this season but saw him shoot 2 air balls tonight and a third blocked. Pretty sure if you have more turnovers than assists that is bad. On to the next night giving up on this one after three.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
That was ugly from start to finish. Only thing good that came out of it is that some kids got to play for a few minutes. Still early, but man, that was nasty.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
It feels like we might see this rollercoaster for a bit while they figure things out.

I wouldn’t expect Dame’s shooting woes to continue much longer.

I think the more “Nurk-Centric” offense is an experiment that will end in failure. I’m not sure what the obsession with trying to use him like Jokic is. It took Denver no time to figure out he’s significantly less skilled and well-rounded than Jokic.

Dame has expressed what he wants and I would like to see it, too: an athletic big that can jump, dunk, rebound, set screens and generally play ball like a man. Whiteside was the closest we had- otherwise we have been rocking the Plumlee/Nurkic look for far too long. We have three guards in the starting lineup and a four that can handle the ball. The notion of letting a turnover prone, clumsy, unathletic (relative to other guys in the league) five get a bunch of touches on the perimeter is just dumb. His picks are not bad, but his rolls and finishes around the rim and so cringey and showing zero signs of improvement over his career. Time to move on.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Yep the Bosnian beast is a fan favorite but for his size, he just rarely shows the killer instinct of finishing around the rim. He'd make a better role player than a starter in the No Babies Allowed league. Portland's off-season was a major disappointment as far as I am concerned. If Stotts had to go.... so too should have some front office folks. I suspect the whole thing is going to get blown up before long.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts