IFish Fishing Forum banner

361 - 380 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The same reason he’s probably last in the league for starting centers in dunks- he can’t jump. Lol.

Freespool- if it makes you feel any better, this is probably season three or four- during and after that I’ve felt Stotts should have been let go. Just think where we could be if they had done it a couple seasons ago instead of wasting those years with mediocre results. And yes, making the playoffs but not getting to the finals is a mediocre result.

And if you think that who the coach is for a team doesn’t impact players’ willingness/interest to go to a team, you’re off your rocker.

Some type of player loves the fact that Stotts is soft and doesn’t hold himself or players accountable, ever. But it’s not the type of players that win championships, that’s for sure.
Making the playoffs and getting ejected ROUND 1....in same fashion....like a scripted drama...but apparently for some its more than enough...go figure..
The last para sums it...there's no 'hunger' in stotts and neither its promoted to players.

To other member...it would be great if it was 30 point deficit win....especially when 2 of the big dogs opponents were out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
So if we win....you gonna say it every time. YES I'll still say Stotts is a weak point. Not just me....millions of other blazers fans. So you don't have to question it with every win. For 13 yrs guy get booted out in same fashion. How hard is that to comprehend....or are you trying to defend your other ol timer buddy....cuz that what it seems like. No?????
Sorry if that sounds ryfe but I am very possesive and passionate about my team and basketball sibce I played for my high school and my university and when someone who has not touched the ball on competitive court speak nonsense, it does get me riled up. If ppl do it on purpose to just get kick out of it, only shows the pathetic state of mind that they do not have anything productive to do or do not know how to be an 'assist' in raising ppl up (a big trait in basketball).

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
What do you call a guy who puts the lip on a team that just won four games in a row and beat two of the NBA's better teams on the road?
We call him piscean, always ready with the wet blanket, what he lacks in knowledge he makes up for with repetition.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
What do you call a guy who puts the lip on a team that just won four games in a row and beat two of the NBA's better teams on the road?
We call him piscean, always ready with the wet blanket, what he lacks in knowledge he makes up for with repetition.
BKN didn’t put a team on the court that I would consider one of the better teams in the NBA. Boston is barley above .500 (in the East) and not a HCA team.

Portland is still 1-10 against the top four teams in the West.

Portland SHOULD go 6-0 on this road trip considering the teams they are playing and the injuries that Nets had. Anything less is under performing. Just like the 6 game home losing streak (which we will have to wait and see if they snap against the Lakers).

I think whoever wins that Lakers vs Blazers game on Friday will likely avoid the play-in game. I think the loser will end up in the play-in tournament. That will be a huge game.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You know what freespool anybody can go online to sit behind the toggle board and prove to be a 'massaa'. Irrelevant to that...you can have the last word...I won't stoop down to your level. At 45 I should act better than that...you win..whatever you say...you are in my ignore view..

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
BKN didn’t put a team on the court that I would consider one of the better teams in the NBA. Boston is barley above .500 (in the East) and not a HCA team.

Portland is still 1-10 against the top four teams in the West.

Portland SHOULD go 6-0 on this road trip considering the teams they are playing and the injuries that Nets had. Anything less is under performing. Just like the 6 game home losing streak (which we will have to wait and see if they snap against the Lakers).

I think whoever wins that Lakers vs Blazers game on Friday will likely avoid the play-in game. I think the loser will end up in the play-in tournament. That will be a huge game.
I duely agree OTC. Bkln is the big three team when the big three are there. Deandre looks lost
Our bench levelled up as well. In offense and defence as well. Not giving easy shots and hustling to be in way of opponent shot taker does work. How many times we see that happening. But they started doing it. Most of my Blazer memories are after quick ball movement they kinda let opponent take shot behind the arc and hope it doesn't fall through. Over and over that 'had' been happening but not in last 3 games. However Boston had me on suprise...not just yesterday's loss..which I'm kinda glad but just overall lately. Bucks are proving to be worthy but then again there are times when middleton loses his swing and holiday himself cannot do it, once the greek freak gets in early fowl trouble. I watched the highlights of yesterday game and my god...giannis is just fun to watch..makes defenders look so aweful and helpless. I just hope dame keeps the early hustle going and keep the opponents busy. In last few games his way of getting to half court was lost different as compared to typical dame who just bruskly walks over to half court...bouncing the ball and then wait and wait. It was lot different demeanor.
Lakers/Blazers should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
Tough loss. Gallinari and his 3’s were a killer. Still 4-1 with one to go on the road trip! Beat the Cav’s and finish 5-1! Go Blazers!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Tough loss. Gallinari and his 3’s were a killer. Still 4-1 with one to go on the road trip! Beat the Cav’s and finish 5-1! Go Blazers!
Veteran put a dent in Blazers. Dame is banged up. Score was pretty much close till he was on the floor...once he got out after his leg mishap...the graph just drooped down..and the score gap became large. Lots of ice and lots of massage....I dont think thats still gonna be same dame but the guy is tough and considering his talent..he can still alter the game at 60-75% capacity. Road is tough with Dame not at 100% but then he's not called Logo Lillard for nothing. GO BLAZERS!!!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Finally!!

Author: Jared Cowley (KGW)
Published: 11:39 AM PDT May 5, 2021
Updated: 11:55 AM PDT May 5, 2021
Facebook Twitter
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Trail Blazers are "increasingly expected" to part ways with head coach Terry Stotts after this season barring a "playoff miracle," according to a report in The Athletic.
NBA reporters Shams Charania and Sam Amick wrote that Portland's "lack of progress and adjustments over the course of the season" under Stotts is one of the reasons the Blazers will likely look for a new coach in the offseason.

Stotts is in his ninth season with the Blazers and he's led Portland to seven consecutive playoff appearances. The team reached the Western Conference finals in 2019, where they were swept by the Golden State Warriors. The other six seasons, they've reached the second round twice and been eliminated in the first round the other four times.

This season, expectations were high for the Blazers following the offseason trade for Robert Covington. But Portland struggled out of the gate, losing four of its first seven games and early season injuries derailed the season further, with CJ McCollum and Jusuf Nurkic both missing more than two months. Zach Collins, who was expected to start or player a major reserve role, has yet to play this season after an injury setback in December.

The Blazers are 36-29 and in seventh place in the West. While the team has excelled on offense, ranking fifth in offensive rating this season, they've been a poor defensive team, with the second-worst defensive rating in the NBA.
Charania and Amick also reported that Stotts "has less player support now than he did in years past." In previous seasons, both Damian Lillard and McCollum have vouched for Stotts.

If the Blazers move on from Stotts, Charania and Amick reported that they'll likely pursue a "big name, high-dollar coach to replace him."
"Remember, this is the same ownership group that has the Seattle Seahawks and their dynamic leader, Pete Carroll," they wrote. "The thinking, potentially, is that it’s time for Lillard’s Blazers to have someone of that ilk to take them to the next level."

Charania and Amick reported that potential coaching candidates for the Blazers include Los Angeles Lakers assistant Jason Kidd, Atlanta Hawks interim coach and former Blazers head coach Nate McMillan, Philadelphia 76ers assistant Dave Joerger, Los Angeles Clippers assistant Chauncey Billups and San Antonio Spurs vice president of basketball operations Brent Barry.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
The Blazers had 70 points from the bench.

Reactions: Snopro
361 - 380 of 414 Posts