IFish Fishing Forum banner

341 - 360 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The Blazers have made the playoffs in seven consecutive years with Stotts as coach, tied for the NBA's second-longest streak.
Stott’s is the fourth longest tenured NBA coach. The longest three have all won championships. They have 8 rings and 12 finals appearances between them. The longest 6 have combined for 11 championships and 17 NBA finals appearances. Only he and Brad Stevens are in the top six and have not won a ring OR been to the finals. Stevens’ job future is also rumored to be in question.

128 teams have made the playoffs since he became head coach. I don’t think Dame would feel that just making the playoffs is the goal for success. Maybe his first couple years. Certainly not for the entirety of his career.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Unless the Blazers flood the zone with free agent stars it isn't going to happen with any coach.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Unless the Blazers flood the zone with free agent stars it isn't going to happen with any coach.
Now who is the downer?

I’ll tell you one thing is for sure- stars aren’t signing up to play for Terry Stotts and the culture he has established here. He’s at eight off seasons, they have had quite a few cracks at names that would have moved the needle- either by FA or demanded trade, and they haven’t been able to get anyone to come play with a top ten player in the league.

Even other small market teams have had much better luck with that than Portland.

It’s time for a bit of an overhaul and it’s pointless to do if it doesn’t include a fresh message from the bench.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
TOC, you are so correct on smaller franchisees able to aquire big name players but Blazers couldn't. I am.so baffled. Mr Freespool here doesn't look at things and just blurt it out like a novice with half a$$ info and mostly superficial average joe info. I don't need or expect one to be a guru of basketball when something is so obvious and thousands if folks agree in it, it has to have sone solid base and reasoning. Stotts has his chances over and over and over. I so want him to be gone. I would not mind defeats if I could see a gameplan or new adjustments but night after night its the same thing. We can tell in advance what is gling to happen in next 10 minutes..its so bad. But no FS just keeps tooting his moot point. I admire your loyaly FS but that loyalty should be for the franchise, the team not an incapable person who is keeping us down from rising. Stotts is not a good coach, its his luck that he is a coach in Dame era...many times this been saud here. He pribably us a good person but not good coach. This roster is way better than most if top notch teams. For sure better than Dallas Mavs and yet we keep repeating same mistakes.
Kirk...errr..piscean out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Now who is the downer?

I’ll tell you one thing is for sure- stars aren’t signing up to play for Terry Stotts and the culture he has established here. He’s at eight off seasons, they have had quite a few cracks at names that would have moved the needle- either by FA or demanded trade, and they haven’t been able to get anyone to come play with a top ten player in the league.

Even other small market teams have had much better luck with that than Portland.

It’s time for a bit of an overhaul and it’s pointless to do if it doesn’t include a fresh message from the bench.
Stars don't sign up they get hired for lots of money.
You seem confused about how this works.
See Terry doesn't own the Blazers he works for them, just like all the players and staff.
Perhaps your beef is with the owner and not the coach, in any case your constant distraction is really getting old and stale.
Real fans wait until the season's over to put the lip on their team.
Currently the Blazers are on track to make the playoffs for the 8th year in a row.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Stars sign....hired is on their will...where they wanna go. Even in contract...if they don't get to go where they want,they will simply sit out with injury pretext. Hence the status STAR. Look at Harden..or Kyrie..or Durant. KAT had done in past, Kawhi as well. So yes stars sign...hiring us where they wanna go.
If you so done with Stott's complains, perhaps you don't need to be on this thread. OP has no problem and agrees wirh most..if not all. You are the one making fuss. Simply don't look....as already requested by OP. It's not that hard.

Heading to playoffs 8th year in a row to be wiped out in first round?? In same manner. Not that we all want it and we all are glad for our Blazers to be in playoff but you are expecting magic with same formula. Pay attention to obvious.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
So I guess it's you and me, I'm a fan and have been sinse they became a franchise, so post away Blazer hater.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Being a fan means I want what is best for my team, as in winning, which equals success. In my humble opinion, wanting what is best for the team, means a team without Stotts as the coach.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Time and place, time and place.
This isn't the time to be discussing the status of the coach.
After the season's over is the time for that.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Time and place, time and place.
This isn't the time to be discussing the status of the coach.
After the season's over is the time for that.
Or just move to LA and become a Lakers fan, you already have the attitude.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I see simmons went OFF the other night. Does anyone else see the potential in this kid ? Or are not going to really see it due to playing behind Dame, Cj, now powle? Is He a true point guard?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Copy and paste, copy and paste! FS really does enjoy listening to himself!

Just got back from a hunt. Kinda glad I couldn’t watch while I was gone. Go Blazers, let’s get a win tonight!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I see simmons went OFF the other night. Does anyone else see the potential in this kid ? Or are not going to really see it due to playing behind Dame, Cj, now powle? Is He a true point guard?
He went off, but was mainly playing off the ball. I personally think he is a true off guard the Blazers are trying to force into the PG role. He doesn't set others up. He is tied for 7th on the Blazers for assists per game, even though most of the year he was the backup PG and had the ball in his hands much more than others. They need to let the kid play off the ball and bring in a true back up PG, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Fire Stotts, they didn't win by 30.🤣

Good to see Nurk back to doing Nurk things. Nice to see Dame get back over 30. Quality win even without the beard and the whiner playing for the Nets.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Fire Stotts, they didn't win by 30.🤣

Good to see Nurk back to doing Nurk things. Nice to see Dame get back over 30. Quality win even without the beard and the whiner playing for the Nets.
How can a 7' dude miss a gimme dunk like that before halftime? 🥴

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
How can a 7' dude miss a gimme dunk like that before halftime?
It happens. He himself was taken aback...and surprised..and ****ed at himself. Look on Nurc's face was say it all. On the other play tv screen had no blazer jersey on right hand side in replay...and out of nowhere the superman pummels a dunk over Jordan....MELO i.e. EPIC!!!! GO BLAZERS!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
How can a 7' dude miss a gimme dunk like that before halftime?
The same reason he’s probably last in the league for starting centers in dunks- he can’t jump. Lol.

Freespool- if it makes you feel any better, this is probably season three or four- during and after that I’ve felt Stotts should have been let go. Just think where we could be if they had done it a couple seasons ago instead of wasting those years with mediocre results. And yes, making the playoffs but not getting to the finals is a mediocre result.

And if you think that who the coach is for a team doesn’t impact players’ willingness/interest to go to a team, you’re off your rocker.

Some type of player loves the fact that Stotts is soft and doesn’t hold himself or players accountable, ever. But it’s not the type of players that win championships, that’s for sure.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
A good win tonight, but without KD and Harden, really a game Portland should win.

A classic example of the NBA being a shot makers league. Once the shots started falling (finally for Lillard), this was Portland’s game.

341 - 360 of 414 Posts