IFish Fishing Forum banner

321 - 340 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 · (Edited)
3 wins for the last 11 games? Some of these are heartbreaking.

Also just saw that the NBA admitting CJ’s game deciding foul against PG the night before was wrong.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Yep. I yelled at my TV and my wife yelled back at me ...that I startled her..lol. I was so mad. There should be repurcussions for things like this. I am not sure whats going on with Dame either. He looks a tad bit discombobulated...maybe the injuries and he's suckin em up and still pushing.
I however thibk our team seems to be lost on gameplan. After winning/loosing in ftont of journalist one can say whatever but the game itself is very redundant..like a script. I don't see un expected passes or we need a passer which can throw off the opposing defender on man to man coverage. Sorry but dame's passes are very predictable and 8 out of 10 times result in Blazer's turnover. I wish we could hold the #6 spot but Mavs are coming full throttle and if somehow we managed playoffs, the way things are going..I see #8 spot which is basically first round ejection in a mild manner (nothing mild about it). Mavs game is centered around one guy...but they take advantage of it in penetration unlike us who for some reason are scared to go in paint and pull a fowl...and just keep shooting jnsuccessful rainbows. One can day that we play different style...well that style sucks A$$.
And for love of basketball I hope our commentators get abducted by Aliens...especially Kent...Lamar can be sent to looneyville.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I agree about Kent. Man I hope when the switch to the new channel next year he is not brought back, he is so hard to listen to. I wonder if the trade through off the chemistry of the team. Watching Powell he doesn't look like he is having fun plus DJJ is in and out of the lineup. I wonder if it just through everyone off. . I agree Dame has been off, hopefully after his week break he starts to play at a higher level again.

I hate to say it, but not sure they get out of the first round. The fact we have loss ground to the Lakers while Lebron and AD sat is not a good sign. Going to be a interesting off season.

I see the Blazers hired a new lady yesterday and her position is Director of Basketball Strategy. I wonder what that position does? No one seems to know what her roll is going to be.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
"3 wins for the last 11 games? Some of these are heartbreaking."

Probably gonna happen again tonight...

#3&9... 🥴

·
Registered
6,183 Posts

Where’s old “it was just one game.”

This is pitiful. This team needs new direction IMMEDIATELY. Dame only has so many seasons. It’s dumb to have to let this train totally derail and waste any potential postseason run before we can officially label Stott’s a done deal and move on.

The whole fan base except for one guy on Ifish is now behind moving on from Stotts. You can say “fans don’t choose the coach,” but we will see about that.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Generally speaking you wait for the season to play out before you hang the coach.
Carry on Capt bummers.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Why do we keep getting down big to teams we should beat?

The team is as healthy as can be expected. In the most crucial stretch of the season, playing teams they should really beat. And they are on the verge of losing their fifth straight game.

It seems to be getting worse, not better. Unless some major, major momentum change happens, I can’t imagine this team getting past the play-in games.

Very frustrating to see them under perform like this. Sad to watch this run its course right now.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Stotts must have been saving those last two timeouts for next game.

Let the team run down in chaos, waste 10 seconds advancing the ball down the court, take two’s when you need three’s. Turn the ball over twice on critical plays. Trying to get the ball to Nurkic when he blew an easy layup in crunch time last game?

I can’t begin to wrap my head around the dysfunction with this team right now.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Dame shot 8-26. If he shoots even 40% the Blazers win. The Blazers are not going anywhere as long as Dame is struggling, which he has been the last month.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Dame shot 8-26. If he shoots even 40% the Blazers win. The Blazers are not going anywhere as long as Dame is struggling, which he has been the last month.
He needs more rest or needs different looks. He took a bunch of tough shots in isolation. Why doesn’t Stotts run plays for him off the ball like they do for Curry?

Losing five in a row with no corrections, adjustments, etc and hoping for different results is the definition of insanity.

This team has enough pieces that they should be able to win with their star struggles. Their roster is still deeper and more loaded than Memphis. But Stotts got out coached by a G-League coach two games in a row.

We lose the coaching matchup basically every night. That’s tough to overcome.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
He needs more rest or needs different looks. He took a bunch of tough shots in isolation. Why doesn’t Stotts run plays for him off the ball like they do for Curry?

Losing five in a row with no corrections, adjustments, etc and hoping for different results is the definition of insanity.

This team has enough pieces that they should be able to win with their star struggles. Their roster is still deeper and more loaded than Memphis. But Stotts got out coached by a G-League coach two games in a row.

We lose the coaching matchup basically every night. That’s tough to overcome.
I cannot agree anymore. Definitely game should be made around Lillard like they do for curry. Another Stott's classic. Losing to Gruzzlies twice in a row.....simply WOW. I am fairly convinced that Dame and McCollum together can get a ring in any other team besides Stott's. I just feel bad for two star caliber players who will go down in history without a ring. Thanks (no thanks) to Mr Stott's.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Nice to see them get a win. Our end of bench buys gave up a large percentage of our lead, but a win is a win. Would be nice to beat the Griz tomorrow night now.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Simmons 9 for 10 from three point line.
Oh ya Stotts is a bum.

Reactions: Snopro

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
And how many times Anfernee do that? If not for this and that too one in 20 plus games...look at our main scorers and the gameplan around 'em in this game. Not sure if you just happy with a win here and there but I and thousands and thousands od Blazer fans want consistent outcome. And yep STOTTS SUCK.
On the other note someebody up in 5 or 6 post ago said Norman Powell doesn't seem to be enjoying playing. It seems to be true. Norman Powell does not seem to be thrilled being a Blazer. Atleast his body language says so. I think he's playing next year somewhere else even if his contract extends.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Bad news piscean, Blazers win big in Memphis.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I always want Blazers to win! I think you are very confused but its okay. Stotts weak point has nothing to do with Blazers win. If you like to troll me.. thank you! You are not alone..rejoice and join the hoard . Again Mr Stotts suck.... GO BLAZERS!!!

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Bad news piscean, Blazers win big in Memphis.
They looked good the last two nights.

Stotts deserves Coach of the Year, I guess- they beat the team with the 15th best record in the league tonight and the team with the 19th best record (missing their best player) last night. I guess we can just forget about the awful streak of games leading up to that.

Simon’s played great. He shot the lights out. He has done so at basically every opportunity he’s been given this season. He’s just not been given very much opportunity. Odd.

The five game losing streak was still inexcusable. Unless this is the start of a really big change in momentum, they likely squandered away their chances of avoiding the play-in tournament.

This team should not just be struggling mightily to hold onto a seventh or eight seed. In a normal year, they would be only three games ahead of being out of the playoffs all together.

It’s good to win a couple games. But 3-7 in the last ten is a far cry from an acceptable outcome. The last two wins were against teams that they should beat, no questions ask. Let’s not forget that the five game losing streak included two losses to one such team.

Still renewed my season tickets for next year, today. Of course I want them to win, but It feels like for something good to happen in the semi-long term, something bad will have to happen in the short term. The franchise, ridiculously, seems to be as content as Freespool with this inconsistency and mediocrity. The fan base is not.

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
The Blazers have made the playoffs in seven consecutive years with Stotts as coach, tied for the NBA's second-longest streak.

321 - 340 of 414 Posts