IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was great to watch a game again, but not the same without the rowdy crowd. They did well. It will be fun to watch Jones jr. and Giles. Nice preseason win!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I was thinking I need to place some seasonal bets before they drop the odds. This is going to be a good team.

·
King Lingcod
49,484 Posts
I don't know, the West looks solid this year. It will be interesting.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Can't wait, we got a deep team with a good mix of vets, youth, and leadership. Length at the wing, Robert Covington is going to really help our defense.
If Giles plays like that there won't be many minutes for Collins! But considering the rate they both will foul out we might need both!
Plus, Hood is coming back, Kanter was a stud his last time here, basically playing with one arm in the playoffs, if Nurk can keep improving we will have a fun year!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Was fun to watch them last night. I think Melo coming off the Bench, keeping his minutes down is going to give them a good scoring punch with the second unit. Add in Nurk, Hood and Collins and it is going to be tough getting them all playing time. My biggest concern is they are awful thin at pg. Three options, if one or two go down, they are in trouble. Hopefully they sign a PG with there last 2 way spot. Going to be a fun season.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking I need to place some seasonal bets before they drop the odds. This is going to be a good team.
+2200 are the Blazers odds to win the conference. $10 bet pays $220

Looking for another great game tonight! I think Nurk and Hood will play tonight. Go Blazers!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Giles had another good night, because he got to play some decent minutes. Looking forward to the real games.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
They were at +2800. It's going to keep falling.
I got in at that!

I am forever optimistic at the beginning of each year...lol...

This team has a great chance...only thing I worry about is the lack of depth at point...but maybe we pick up someone.

And with our high energy guys playing above the rim for the first time in a long time it would be crazy in the Moda....hopefully next year!!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
This is the deepest team in years and that is why Giles will only see garbage time when the season starts. With Kanter, Nurk, Covington and Melo getting the bulk of the minutes, plus Collins coming back in a month. Next year he should slide in to back up minutes. Should get the 5 seed and possibly the four. Going to be an interesting season, hopefully COVID doesn’t create havoc and we get close to a full season!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Denver is looking scary good. We need to turn this around in the 2nd half. I know i know, it’s preseason.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I think tonight you see a team who returned all 5 starters and a team who is trying to work on some chemistry. Lots of bad rotations. Hopefully a few more practices will help.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chuck on TNT just made a $100,000 bet on the Blazers to win the west. Love his enthusiasm! Go Blazers!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Can't wait for the game tonight. Going to be interesting to see if the defensive changes they are making are implemented tonight.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Well what a embarrassing effort tonight. Looks like the difference between a team who plays team ball and a team who plays hero ball. Outhustled and out played.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was definitely looking for something way different than what we watched. It’s only the first game, but wow.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looked better tonight, but still a ways to go. A win is a win though so I will take it.
I agree. I will definitely take the win! CJ was on fire! Watching them gel at different points in the game was really fun to see. And if we could ever maintain some defense they would be scary good. I really hope there is no consideration in Harden coming here.

1 - 20 of 378 Posts