21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
But it! A great versatile boat.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I would say you must do a full fuel system drain and system check before even turning it over. Beyond that It should be a solid ride barring any other obvious signs of moisture or UV damage from sitting outside that long.
This,
I would not even hit the key switch until you go through the fuel system.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
opps I saw that it is a 20ft seahawk! I had one with a 150. That 115 will be fine as that model is narrower for its length than the others. It will be a good fish boat but with the 115 you wont want to load it up with 4 big men and lots of ice and expect it to perform well in the ocean. But with a regular load and calmer conditions it will be fine. I would take it in a flash. you wont lose out.

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,803 Posts
I would suggest walking away. You just don’t know what kind of issues the boat might have and could end up spending LOTS of money.

In the meantime, would you please send me your buddy’s contact info and pics of the boat? It sounds like exactly what I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would suggest walking away. You just don’t know what kind of issues the boat might have and could end up spending LOTS of money.

In the meantime, would you please send me your buddy’s contact info and pics of the boat? It sounds like exactly what I’m looking for.

😂😂

·
Registered
12,260 Posts

This sounds like the time I went for a test drive with a buddy of mine. We met the guy at Chinook, went for a spin and in the parking lot my buddy said, "what do you think?. My response, "If you don't buy it, I will".

This sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

In assuming this is the problem style? Is this a warranty fix for the original owner if so? I would assume only if there were stress cracks. Thank you

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
115 will push most 20’ offshore bracket boats fine. Not the best choice for waterskiing and towing large adults or four guys, ice and long distance tuna.m, but for 90% of other uses it is great.

My 150 hp Yamaha on my 20’ TJ is overkill almost all of the time. I wouldn’t feel undergunned with a 115.

CW

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Shanel, that is the original design stepped bracket. It's a later year that doesn't have the stress cracking issues as much as the earlier year designs. It still has the porpoising and balance issue but that is easily correctly by boxing in the bracket and will make the boat perform very well afterwards (I've done over 40 of them.) These northrivers don't have the hull design needed for a stepped bracket.

As stated it will work just fine with a 115, not a speed demon but that isn't a real heavy boat so it's just fine. Full fuel system clean out, batteries, greasing including the bearings in the trailer, new tires, should be good to go for many years.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Looking at NADA, whats the difference between a Seahawk RB and an RB/LE?
Thank you
The LE is a different hull. It is a little narrower and has a different deadrise. The bow entry is not as sharp and the transom angle is slightly flatter. The LE was less money and an entry level so to speak. They didn’t come with suspension seats they were an add on. Also no in deck fish box. Nothing wrong with that hull. I have a friend with one and it works well. His is powered with a 140 Suzuki

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The LE is a different hull. It is a little narrower and has a different deadrise. The bow entry is not as sharp and the transom angle is slightly flatter. The LE was less money and an entry level so to speak. They didn’t come with suspension seats they were an add on. Also no in deck fish box. Nothing wrong with that hull. I have a friend with one and it works well. His is powered with a 140 Suzuki

Thank you!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I recently sold my 2008 NR 20' Seahawk with a Yamaha F-115. Has the newer bracket. Top speed was 32+. No issues getting on plane even fully loaded. I went out 25 miles past the CR at times when Chinook were past the CR a ways. Never felt under boated even coming back from above the bridge on the Wa side on a big outgoing and onshore wind getting back to Hammond. Mine did have infloor box, etc. Sipped gas and with a 50 gal tank has plenty of range. I never took it for Tuna because a friend has a 29 ' ocean glass boat :)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
That boat has trim tabs...that should help eliminate any porpoising issues.

You could also bend the bottom tab

21 - 33 of 33 Posts