IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Re: 2 or 4 stroke for 25\' open sled

I have a NR 24' scout with a 225 Yamaha 4 stroke with a prop. North River installed it with a bay kit because I wanted the taller transom. I was told with the bay kit I could run a pump if I wanted to. With me and two other guys (660 lbs.) two children and an 85 lb. German Shorthair and more junk than I could list the boat runs fast planes quickly and sits flat when not under power. My last boat was a NR with a pump and I would assume this boat with a pump would handle just the same with a pump the only diference would be the power loss associated with a pump.The four stroke is quiet and revs quickly so far I am very happy. I have not measured but I think the boat sets high in the water so side drifting should be no problem with a pump just guessing the boat would drift through a foot or so of water.
Randy

· Registered
420 Posts
Re: 2 or 4 stroke for 25\' open sled

From what I understood (I was not listening very closely kinda fired up about the new boat), with the bay kit you just remove the prop lower unit and install the pump. I'm not sure about this mabe some more experienced guys can comment.
Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.