IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 or 4 stroke for 25\' open sled

In time I considering either a NR or a AW 25' open sled. I'm considering the weight factor of the 4 and I know about the exhaust,oil ect of the 2, but what my thinking is that the 4 stroke might be too heavy to boondogle and backbounce smoothly and evenly. I have considered having them move the fuel tank and batteries foward but is this enough to make the boat sit level with the 4 ? Also,I would want to run a pump and a prop and switch them out at different parts of the year. Please feel free to give all the advice you can regarding engine size as well. I respect the opinions of the Ole'Salts here :wink: Thanks

· Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2 or 4 stroke for 25\' open sled

Thumper I had a guy take a real hard look at it yesterday. He tried to low ball me and even asked if I would be willing to have him take over payments :hoboy: Well that didn't go far. Just trying to take advantage of my work status. Well in time, after things get better I would like to start guiding. It's the working for one's self thing that I like. But this is in the distant future.

[ 09-20-2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Seefood Man ]

· Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 2 or 4 stroke for 25\' open sled

Thanks folks for all the advice :wink: The other questions that I have is, do you switch from the pump to the prop in different seasons? I know I would need a jack plate in doing this. but do you run a jack plate with the bay kit? Thanks in advance :smile:

[ 09-22-2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Seefood Man ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.