IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to go fishing today and didn't even make it out of deep river. Boat lost power and died on me. Took me about 30 min to get it started again and when I did it had a loud knock in the motor. It had very little power as well. I ended up limping in on my kicker very unhappy.

If you remember I had the output shaft break on the 1st of july and was boatless for a month. This was to be the second trip since I got my boat back after a 3 week layover at the shop.

Boat was bought new in January. I may be out of line but I'm ticked off. Boat has only made 20-25 trips and 90% of the time I've used the kicker or been on anchor. Dealer is more than willing to fix the problem, but I feel that I deserve more than just getting my boat fixed. I've lost a lot of fishing time to problems that I've had no control over.

Should they do more for me or am I in la la land?

Glow

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
When my NR Sportster was born someone didn't seal the engine gaskets well near where the unit sits in the bilge. It knocked and died and the engine was replaced after being deemed totalled due to "manufacturing/installation defect". I'd have your mechanic look at those water/no water seals closely. Same concept as if a head gasket blew in a car causing antifreeze (read river water in this case) to mix into combustion chambers/carbs etc. Real bad deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an alumaweld stryker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts