IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17\' arima

Did anyone see that 17' Arima for sale along hwy 30 up in scappoose. We stopped to check it out on the way home from astoria. Really nice boat! I would have seriously considered it but I won't be buying till next year. I was impressed with the room and layout though. Could'nt believe the room in thecuddy cabin, two could actually sleep just fin in there.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Re: 17\' arima

GBS

I drive by there every day and have to agree with you. We bought a 1989 17' Sea Ranger a few months ago and really like it. Slowpie and I are both 6 footers and she and I have slept aboard 3 nights so far. We camp light using a single burner coleman to make coffee and such and with 2 built in bait boxes and the really big fish box in the floor, there's not much need for ice chests. On our last trip we just put a transom plug in the fish box with some water and dumped our crabs in it.
As mentioned by others when I was asking questions about boats is you do have to walk forward to deploy the anchor altho in rough conditions you could do it from the forward hatch. The only shortcoming I've seen on my boat is I'd like another 2 feet of canvas behind the cockpit and there is no rope locker.
Skien has a 15 footer for sale with a smaller cuddy and is sure worth looking into.
:smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts