IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local friend came by today to show me the 14 pound ling he caught off the rocks here in Depoe Bay.

Caught it plunking bait (Octopus). Herring works real well but at times squid and octopus work real well also. Octopus is some of the locals favorite choice. They get them from some of the local commercial crabbers.

Nice ling for off the rocks.

OK, we cheated a bit on that second picture by having him hold it out a bit! :wink:

Dan

Day 19 :smile:

[ 07-31-2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congrats to your friend for the nice ling, and congrats to you for day 19.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Sweet pic Dan, congrats to the bud on the ling. Coho will be showing soon. :wink: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Dan, that is a beauty. Congrats on day 19 and 20 too. Thank you very much for the jigs you sent my way with Ugly Green. I promise not to let them go without use. You have helped me turn over a new leaf in life. I would just as soon fish for the bass and cod as the elussive coho.

UglyGreen showed me how to tie up a fly for using as a dropper for the bass and he said it was twice the fun when you hook up with a double or tripple on the bass.

I promise, next time we try for the cod. They are great table fare cause my Wife Said So.

good fishing and will see you next weekend at Jennies place.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts