IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, ok maybe not 1,000,001 but All types of water going creatures seem to like the one and only Carrot Milk! :grin:

I finally had the chance to get out and do some fishing this weekend, been working way too much and fishing way too little.

Saturday I had a chance to hit the Columbia for some sturgeon action with XTC and Cracker Joe. Plan was to head up the gorge but when we got gas in Troutdale the wind was blowing pretty good so we turned around and headed to Kelly Point. We tried out some different strains of our scent and caught about a thousand shakers. After our fourth move we anchored and casted out, it was not 10 seconds after Cracker Joes lead hit the bottom he was getting bit and it was finally a keeper! :dance:

Not a huge one but he took it! Way to go Cracker!

The next day XTC and I headed down to the coast with our better halves for some crabbing. We have been experimenting with a special Crab Carrot Milk and today was the day to try it out. We launched out of Hammond. We had one trap loaded with shad and sardines soaked overnight in Carrot Milk and the other trap we used just plain shad and sardines.

On our first pull with the Carrot Milk trap we had 36 keepers and these were not just your run of the mill keepers, these brutes were Crabzillas! The bad thing is they went so nuts for the Carrot Milk bait that they ate it all in the 45 minutes the trap was down. It took a couple more pulls to limit the 4 of us out!

Mmmmmmmmmm 48 cooked and cleaned jumbo Crabzilla's ready for the table!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Dang it 5- Cents, you made me hungry.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mmmmmmm....Crab.

Looks like Joe is earning his way out of Crackerhood. He's been on fire with the URB and the sturgies.

Does Carrot Milk work for Bass :shrug: . If so, you guys could take that stuff nation..no..worldwide and be the Carrot Millionaires :bowdown:

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Great Shane! (Not to be confused with Great Dane) I thought we had a good pull on Saturday with 15 keepers in one trap. :shocked:

That Carrot Milk is AMAZING!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I hope to get out on Friday for one last try at a keeper Sturgeon.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Thanks guys for a report, things are slowing down all around...but you find ways to keep busy :cheers: Wife wants to crab...i better start thunking bout it. Went there last year after Thanksgiving and got 14. Uh..wait a minute..it think i saw a female in there :laugh:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-27-2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiccccccce !!!

I see that Crab Carrot mix worked fine. That Fall Carrot batch worked pretty good too, it might need a little more agent xxx01, I'll add a little more and try it later this week.

Bobby

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Chris we tried for some stug down low but there were way too many crabs, they even attacked smelt

Went up above Tounge Point and did not get a touch for about 4 hours in the water. :shrug: Could not find any fish, I wonder if there are really and there this time of year :sleep:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Were you guys fishing an outgoing or flood down below. I never fish below during a flood because of the crabs. The ebb will usually take care of your crab problem in the area I like to fish but I have never tried this towards the end of October. Interesting.... :shrug:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We were fishing the start of the outgoing but it was ripping pretty good... I know there have to be fish down there but where are they? :shrug:

G

·
100,000,002 :shocked:

Carrot:
Orange body suit. Green mousse in hair. Green face paint. Green pipe cleaners attached to orange cap for top.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hey 5 Cents,
Zaq told me it works really good for hemorrhoids too... :shocked:

G

·
It were only a hollow weener joke Tanur. :wink:

By the way, Country Rocks.
:grin:

Keep the kids safe out there. :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts