I tried out drift fishing, my setup was 12 pound mono main line to a three way swivel, a clip that I attached pencil weight to and a 3 foot fluorocarbon leader.
Does anyone else the problem where your leader line gets wrapped around your mainline? When I would reel in my leader was shorter...
I am interested in trying out yarnies drift fishing, does anyone know a good place to buy some?
I found this place on esty that sells yarnies. what size and type of hooks do you use with yarnies?
1. do the yarnies come on the hook or do you put them on then hook each time?
2. do you fish...
I seen some people drift fishing today and they caught two steelhead. I think im going to try it out but I have a couple of questions:
1. What size hooks do you use for spawn bags when drift fishing? What size hook for beads ?
2. What else can you use other than bait? Can you use flies or...
So I went float fishing today... I am using a 9'6 okuma with a 4000 pflueger president with 12 pound maxima and a 8 pound fluorocarbon leader. I was using a 1/2oz aerofloat, egg weights on my main line to a swivel going to my leader with a single split shot halfway on my leader before a size 6...
I got my first salmon / steelhead rod this spring,
are there clips or something to connect the two piece together for storage ?
I have also seen some people put cotton balls on the connecting piece is that a good idea?
1. what kind / type of weights do you use? I am using a 1/2 oz sliding aero float, I used split shots but they slide so I was think about egg weights or a weight that has a swivel on each end, any suggestions? or brands ? barrel weights?
2. I also used a braid bobber stop but it slides on my...
I'm new to steelhead fishing and have a couple of questions:
1. Does anyone use a clip or a snap at the end of there fluorocarbon leader when float fishing to quickly change jigs and save there leader length?
2. does anyone have an experience with the Okuma Celilo medium light 9'6 ?
I tie Marabou, Rabbit fur, Wooly bugger jigs, twitching jigs.From lead poured to in your tackle box I can do any color you like. Hooks are owner/mustad. 2,1,1/0,2/0. Jig weight 1/16-1/4. Jigs start at $2.75. Twitching jigs $3.50
Can add creature legs, hackle, bead for extra price.
I am new to fishing, I started this year with just casting spoons but now I wanted to get a float rod for winter and spring steelhead. I have a couple of question about the set up tho:
1. What are some good float rods. I have been looking at the Okuma SST 9'6" or 10'6", how important are the...