Vaccine reactions - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 01-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #1
Chad D.
Tuna!

Default Vaccine reactions

Alright friends, we strayed too far off the beaten path on the last vaccine thread, so I’d like to create a new one with a slightly narrower lane in the hope that it isn’t removed.

Please join me, if you would like, by sharing your experience with the new vaccine if you’ve received it. There is a lot of speculation and concerns regarding it, as well as misinformation.

How long did your arm hurt? Mine was sore the next day, but not as bad as the flu shot in 2020.

What other side effects for you experience? My mouth was a tad dry the next day, but nothing else noted.

Where were you able to get yours? I received mine at Eugene Fire HQ.

What type of verification, if any, did the facility perform the ensure that you were a part of a group that has been approved by the state to receive it at that time? I wore a fire department shirt, but nothing else that showed any credentials. I noted several others in the space that were much more “civilian-looking” than I was. Plain clothes, no badges, no ID tag or lanyard. I put my name on the form, received my vaccine card, and then my shot. Wham, bam, thank you ma’am. Told to come back in 4 weeks with my card to get my second dose.

What are some concerns that people have that are keeping them on the fence? I’ve heard that folks are concerned about getting injected with the virus. Microchips. Long term side effects. Personal choice to just not do it. No wrong answers here.

Please feel free to add your thoughts on this, as long as you’re able to keep politics out of it. We’ve all got our opinions on those things, but this ain’t the place for them.

Chad D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #2
Kingkiller
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Vaccine reactions

Wonder where in my area they are giving out the shots. I could pose as a firemen or a first responder of sorts to get mine done. Of course i am just throwing it out there I would never pose as someone I am not but I did retire from corrections. Does that count?
Old 01-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #3
Stick'em
King Salmon

I heard on the news there was a meeting in Salem late last week on who is to receive the shots first. Apparently, there were a dozen or more agencies in attendance. The introductions alone took over an hour and a half. In the meantime, Oregon is dead last in the distribution of available vaccine. I haven't taken the shot. But I have friends in other stares that had reactions to them. Nothing serious but a lot of soreness.
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #4
RiverJohn
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick'em View Post
I heard on the news there was a meeting in Salem late last week on who is to receive the shots first. Apparently, there were a dozen or more agencies in attendance. The introductions alone took over an hour and a half. In the meantime, Oregon is dead last in the distribution of available vaccine. I haven't taken the shot. But I have friends in other stares that had reactions to them. Nothing serious but a lot of soreness.
I thought I heard the teachers and school employees are up next, then 75 year olds or older & grocery clerks etc..
Old 01-09-2021, 02:25 PM   #5
Pacific Fisher
Tuna!

I am getting one next week and will post up. Very slow in rolling out the program in rural northern California. I have been volunteering at Corona testing and inoculation clinic so I qualify as an essential healthcare worker. I do not know anyone near here who is not connected to healthcare having received the vaccine.

Craig Bell
Pacific Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:32 PM   #6
DogZilla15
King Salmon

I would imagine a sore arm is from the needle, not the vaccine. No matter what, a little pain isn't a reaction.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:50 PM   #7
GDuck
Tuna!

Moderna shot #1Tuesday. No pain initially. Next day joints sore, very tired. Joints stayed sore for 2 days. No one I know has had a bad reaction-so far.

Shingles #1---OMG---very sick. Shingles #2--not as bad as #1 but bad nonetheless. This shot is nothing like the shingles shot.

We will see.

G
GDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #8
AnnaDraMoss
King Salmon

I don’t understand why the National Guard needs to be implemented to distribute inoculation’s?
And why has it been difficult to find? I understand First Responders, Healthcare Workers and Elderly should be at the front of the line but why not distribute the vaccine to all Pharmacies and let them administer the shots like Walgreens, Rite Aid, Safeway and the like. How much training does it really take to give a shot?
Hats off to all that get it if that’s what you desire.
AnnaDraMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #9
JerryM
King Salmon

Moderna first dose on 12/31. Nothing that day except a little dry mouth that evening. Minor sore arm next day. Very slight arm soreness day after that. Having some ear ringing but that’s normal for me. I just notice it more intensely right now. Possibly not connected. Got my shot at West Valley Hospital in the first fifteen minutes it was offered to my group.

Second dose scheduled for 1/28.
JerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:03 PM   #10
444Marlin
Tuna!

A few employees had it last week. They said it was exactly like getting a flu vax. A little sore in the injection site for a day. Pretty normal. Again, everyone is a little different and results may vary.

I had the pre-exposure Rabies vaccine many years ago, that was bad! And the battery of vaccines I got before my trip to Brazil was tough.
444Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #11
STGRule
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaDraMoss View Post
I don’t understand why the National Guard needs to be implemented to distribute inoculation’s?
And why has it been difficult to find? I understand First Responders, Healthcare Workers and Elderly should be at the front of the line but why not distribute the vaccine to all Pharmacies and let them administer the shots like Walgreens, Rite Aid, Safeway and the like. How much training does it really take to give a shot?
Hats off to all that get it if that’s what you desire.
They can't do that because none of those pharmacies have the freezers that get low enough to store them safely. Once they come out of the deep freeze they have to be used within 5 days or they need to be thrown away. The Guard can get large amount to central areas quickly and a lot of them can administer the shots. The Guard guarantees that enough people are available at each step of the way. Don't have to hope volunteers will indeed be there and they are already being paid so there isn't any additional cost.
STGRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
M combs
Chromer

I was joking about the microchip thing in the last thread... i have an appt next friday for a shot... several i work with got it this week... no issues so far
M combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #13
pukpmk
Steelhead

I got my first one yesterday (Friday the 8th) at the Boise VA. No side effects to speak of except I was a little fatigued yesterday evening. Woke up this morning feeling just fine. I got the Moderna flavor...have an appointment in the first week of Feb to have the second shot. They furnished me with a wallet sized shot record with the Vaccine maker's name, the lot number, the date and manufactured date. This was then stamped by the nurse with a VA seal (with one line left open for the follow on shot).

Pauli
Old 01-09-2021, 05:47 PM   #14
RichH
Ifish Nate

Scheduled for mine on Wednesday so no first hand knowledge of side effects. Hospital worker so I do have contacts that have received it and most report some aching of the arm similar to flu shots. Multiple reports of joint pain, fatigue, headache, diarrhea. Coworkers nurse practitioner daughter has two colleagues with severe reactions which included being put on a ventilator shortly after vaccination.

No divers and bait for wild steelhead!!!!
RichH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #15
Splash
Sturgeon

Moderna #1 on 12/30 in the morning. Initially just the routine whatever. That evening it really started to hurt, nothing restricting activity but yeah it effing hurt. 3 days before the pain was gone.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #16
Code4
Chromer

Moderna. Slight mouth dryness within a few hours. General shoulder insertion point soreness later that evening, strongest soreness being about 24-36 hours later. Did not keep me from going steelhead fishing during the "strongest" of pain. Notable better than the 2020 flu shot. No pain whatsoever after 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Code4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:24 PM   #17
Chad D.
Tuna!

Thank you to all of you who have responded! I was nervous about starting another thread that was on the same line as the previous ones, and I’m glad to see the constructive input!
Old 01-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #18
Artwo
King Salmon

My wife (front liner) got her part one vaccination on Tuesday. Stiff arm the next day, that was it.......
Artwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #19
QSX15
Tuna!

Is there a recommendation of of Pfizer over Moderna or vis versa? Or do you just take what you can get?
Not sure on it myself yet.

"O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken"
QSX15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #20
jimh
King Salmon

I’m sure your shoulder won’t hurt worse than the Shingrix Shingles shot. But, I can tell you Shingles hurts worse. I’m assuming the Covid vaccine is less painful than a bad case of Covid.

The technology is slightly different for different companies, but all are supposed to work. I’m not sure how you could pick a “best” one.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #21
Chad D.
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSX15 View Post
Is there a recommendation of of Pfizer over Moderna or vis versa? Or do you just take what you can get?
Not sure on it myself yet.
I haven’t seen any data that outs one ahead of the other, and it looks like you get what is distributed on your day. I am curious if you are needing to get the same “blend” for your second dose as the initial... Assuming so, but you what assuming does...
Old 01-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #22
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad D. View Post
I haven’t seen any data that outs one ahead of the other, and it looks like you get what is distributed on your day. I am curious if you are needing to get the same “blend” for your second dose as the initial... Assuming so, but you what assuming does...
Everything I've seen is to NOT mix companies. While both use the same technology, they use a different 'flux', for lack of a better word. It might be OK, but not recommended. UK is doing some mixing in order to maximize coverage. Also, a single dose gives some protection, but 2 doses a few weeks apart confers the 90+% protection. Or so I've been told. US standard is to use the same manufacturer.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:34 PM   #23
newportfisher
Tuna!

12/21 was my first Pfizer vaccine. Arm hurt like a SOB for a day or so. My wife thought I was napping more than normal.

1/8 my 2nd Pfizer vaccine. Woke up this morning with a sore arm. Twice throughout the day I developed a pretty banging headache. Took ibuprofen the first time and acetaminophen the 2nd time. I also believe I have felt a bit "off" all day. Nothing that has slowed me down.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:37 PM   #24
willametteriveroutlaw
King Salmon

I'm not worried about day of, it's 6 to 12 months from now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Call Sign: Leadbetter
willametteriveroutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:49 PM   #25
RiverJohn
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willametteriveroutlaw View Post
I'm not worried about day of, it's 6 to 12 months from now.

True that!!

I may be 2nd to last, from what I hear there will be a 50-65 age group before the floodgates fully open up. I would be more than happy with May but I have my doubts.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:01 AM   #26
willametteriveroutlaw
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverJohn View Post
True that!!

I may be 2nd to last, from what I hear there will be a 50-65 age group before the floodgates fully open up. I would be more than happy with May but I have my doubts.
There's was a doctor that died 3 weeks after with whats hypothesized to be a autoimmune reaction to it. Tbd

Old 01-10-2021, 07:02 AM   #27
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Don't know when my turn comes up -- soon, I hope. An 85-year-old friend just got his. He said there was minor soreness for a day and that was it.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:24 AM   #28
Waterfish
Ifish Nate

Quote:
There's was a doctor that died 3 weeks after with whats hypothesized to be a autoimmune reaction to it. Tbd

One doctor who may have died after vaccination from an autoimmune reaction. And dozens or hundreds of doctors and nurses who have definitely died because they caught Covid-19.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:45 AM   #29
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfish View Post
One doctor who may have died after vaccination from an autoimmune reaction. And dozens or hundreds of doctors and nurses who have definitely died because they caught Covid-19.
But also hundreds of thousands who have had covid with nary a bad reaction at all? Always different sides to each perspective.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Quiet Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #30
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

I'm just glad there are vaccines available in less than a year rather than the normal decade it takes to get one on the market.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #31
DogZilla15
King Salmon

An autoimmune disorder plus other underlying health conditions are what's affecting survivability of virus infections. If we remove these two criterion from general statistics we notice why so many aren't taking the virus or the vaccine seriously. Also, a single Dr. dying of his autoimmune disorder isn't reason enough for widespread panic. And yet another thing.... Health care workers, including nurses and Dr's., aren't any more or less healthy than the general public.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #32
willametteriveroutlaw
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
An autoimmune disorder plus other underlying health conditions are what's affecting survivability of virus infections. If we remove these two criterion from general statistics we notice why so many aren't taking the virus or the vaccine seriously. Also, a single Dr. dying of his autoimmune disorder isn't reason enough for widespread panic. And yet another thing.... Health care workers, including nurses and Dr's., aren't any more or less healthy than the general public.
Like I said before, the truth will show in 6-12 months, this is the first mrna vaccine on the market..

Old 01-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #33
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Quote:
Like I said before, the truth will show in 6-12 months, this is the first mrna vaccine on the market..

And that's why the decision to either take the shot - or not - should be an informed choice. Not a requirement. For anything.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #34
Sneaker
Ifish Nate

I heard that the Robot Overlords in charge of the vaccine are waiting until critical mass is achieved, then they’ll broadcast the mind-control message imbedded in The Wizard of Oz. I’m pretty sure it’s during the flying monkeys scene. So don’t watch the TV!
Old 01-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #35
Joe C
King Salmon

my wife manages nurses. About 15 of the ones I know have been vaccinated. One felt bad for a day like a bad cold. No other significant side effects reported. Nobody exploded.
Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:20 AM   #36
judyfish99
Ifish Nate

Got this from another site, supposedly this research has been around for a while. This is what Cancer research is using to kill specific cancer cells: Surly smashes the weird rumors floating abound!

The use of mRNA has several beneficial features over subunit, killed and live attenuated virus, as well as DNA-based vaccines. First, safety: as mRNA is a non-infectious, non-integrating platform, there is no potential risk of infection or insertional mutagenesis. Additionally, mRNA is degraded by normal cellular processes, and its in vivo half-life can be regulated through the use of various modifications and delivery methods

The mRNA vaccine field is developing extremely rapidly; a large body of preclinical data has accumulated over the past several years, and multiple human clinical trials have been initiated

The requirement for safety in modern prophylactic vaccines is extremely stringent because the vaccines are administered to healthy individuals. Because the manufacturing process for mRNA does not require toxic chemicals or cell cultures that could be contaminated with adventitious viruses, mRNA production avoids the common risks associated with other vaccine platforms, including live virus, viral vectors, inactivated virus and subunit protein vaccines.

Ifish member #4442

Mother Nature leaves no orphans
judyfish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:24 AM   #37
WaterDog
King Salmon

Not trying to hijack but for those that want to know who gets it and when, here is the chart from OHA... The info is out there for what it's worth.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:36 AM   #38
husker
Ifish Nate

Wife has had 2 doses. Hospitals are stagering the staff in case of a reaction to the 2nd dose. In her case no ill effects happened. Mild headache and some arm stiffness. 2nd dose reaction time is 24-48 hours. She got the Pfizer vac
Old 01-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #39
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

News today is CDC and White House are announcing the release of the held doses and encouraging states to open the door to anyone 65 or older and anyone with comorbid conditions.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:34 AM   #40
B. Coastal
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyfish99 View Post
Got this from another site, supposedly this research has been around for a while. This is what Cancer research is using to kill specific cancer cells: Surly smashes the weird rumors floating abound!

The use of mRNA has several beneficial features over subunit, killed and live attenuated virus, as well as DNA-based vaccines. First, safety: as mRNA is a non-infectious, non-integrating platform, there is no potential risk of infection or insertional mutagenesis. Additionally, mRNA is degraded by normal cellular processes, and its in vivo half-life can be regulated through the use of various modifications and delivery methods

The mRNA vaccine field is developing extremely rapidly; a large body of preclinical data has accumulated over the past several years, and multiple human clinical trials have been initiated

The requirement for safety in modern prophylactic vaccines is extremely stringent because the vaccines are administered to healthy individuals. Because the manufacturing process for mRNA does not require toxic chemicals or cell cultures that could be contaminated with adventitious viruses, mRNA production avoids the common risks associated with other vaccine platforms, including live virus, viral vectors, inactivated virus and subunit protein vaccines.

Experimental mRNA therapy sounds like a great idea to desperately try to save someone who's going to die from cancer. Treating the healthy general population as guinea pigs, to try to prevent something with such a high survivability rate is insane.

I won't even go there with the "weird rumors", (yet )

Last edited by B. Coastal; 01-12-2021 at 08:49 AM.
B. Coastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #41
No Reservations
Ifish Nate

Quote:

That’s how rumors begin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No Reservations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #42
orygonian
Coho

My wife had her shot yesterday and has complained a bit about local soreness. I'm going to wait it out for a couple weeks to see if it makes her anymore crazy before I get mine.

Last edited by orygonian; 01-12-2021 at 10:09 AM.
orygonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #43
Kingkiller
Ifish Nate

I'm 1 in 5 in my house that is getting it and with the CDC is now opening it up to 65 and older I will get mine before summer. My neighbor who is a nurse got his and all is good for him. I have always gotten my flu shot and my wife never gets her. Our daughter who is staying with us got the flu bug. Sick for 4 days, throwing up, fever, muscle cramps and all of it. Both of us never got it. Strange. And I don't think this vaccine is any different. Brain cancer is nothing to worry about IMO but if you have the inclining to think like that go for it.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #44
shin09
Chromer

Quote:

I am not trying to be pedantic or inciting, but genuinely, what kind of reactions or side effects would you imagine that could happen in 6-12 months?

From my admittedly non-medical opinion, it seems like any severe reaction or side effect would occur shortly after injection, such as your body's immune system going into overdrive and causing damage, or allergic reaction, etc. It seems like once the time has passed from injection to the body creating its immune response, you should be in the clear?
shin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #45
willametteriveroutlaw
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin09 View Post
I am not trying to be pedantic or inciting, but genuinely, what kind of reactions or side effects would you imagine that could happen in 6-12 months?

From my admittedly non-medical opinion, it seems like any severe reaction or side effect would occur shortly after injection, such as your body's immune system going into overdrive and causing damage, or allergic reaction, etc. It seems like once the time has passed from injection to the body creating its immune response, you should be in the clear?
This is an MNRA vaccine, new to the market and never released to the public. Who knows honestly, the more you mess with peoples genes the bigger the risk of something taking time to build.

I've already had covid so I am not going to get it, but long term side effects like auto immune diseases could happen.

Also not a medical expert and a complete skeptic so take that into account.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:01 PM   #46
444Marlin
Tuna!

Me and the wife got our first doses today. Feels like a flu vax: mild soreness in the injection site.

I ran into a hunting buddy/bird dog enthusiast there...it was great to catch up and chat (at our safe distance) while we were waiting. It made the time pass quickly. Good times.
444Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:31 PM   #47
Chad D.
Tuna!

Fella at work’s partner is an ER nurse, and received her second dose yesterday. Her first one didn’t have much effect beyond the mildly sore arm, but it hit her a bit harder the days after the follow up dose. Arm sore today, and just feeling under the weather. Mild headache and temperature. I’ll see how she’s feeling tomorrow!
Old 01-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #48
Oldbendagain
Coho

A little news out of Norway. Kind of a darned if you do, darned if you don't for old, frail people. Still, it is a small percent of old, frail people.
https://norwaytoday.info/news/norwegian-medicines-agency-links-13-deaths-to-vaccine-side-effects-those-who-died-were-frail-and-old/
Oldbendagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #49
B. Coastal
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbendagain View Post
A little news out of Norway. Kind of a darned if you do, darned if you don't for old, frail people. Still, it is a small percent of old, frail people.
https://norwaytoday.info/news/norweg...frail-and-old/

Your link didn't work, so I looked it up and added another.

https://norwaytoday.info/news/norweg...frail-and-old/

https://www.unian.info/world/covid-1...-11285645.html

B. Coastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:46 PM   #50
Chad D.
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad D. View Post
Fella at work’s partner is an ER nurse, and received her second dose yesterday. Her first one didn’t have much effect beyond the mildly sore arm, but it hit her a bit harder the days after the follow up dose. Arm sore today, and just feeling under the weather. Mild headache and temperature. I’ll see how she’s feeling tomorrow!

Checked with coworker this morning. Lady friend was doing much better as the day after progressed. Well enough by that evening that she went for a run.

She’s in her early 30’s.
Second shot on Tuesday.
A little under the weather most of Wednesday.
Went for run Wednesday evening.
Totally great on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2021, 11:22 PM   #51
burtin163
Coho

Quote:
This is an MNRA vaccine, new to the market and never released to the public. Who knows honestly, the more you mess with peoples genes the bigger the risk of something taking time to build.

I've already had covid so I am not going to get it, but long term side effects like auto immune diseases could happen.

Also not a medical expert and a complete skeptic so take that into account.

This vaccine does not “mess with someone’s genes”. Its a pretty slick what they have done if you read up on the technology. In a nut shell MRNA stands for Messenger Ribo Nucleic Acid. Our body uses mRNA to make proteins within our cells. Think of mRNA as a sort of recipe (sequence of nucleic acids or building blocks) that is used to make something ( a protein). This vaccine delivers a mRNA recipe into our cells. The recipe is for a specific spike protein that COVID uses to enter our cells. The MRNA enters our cells and utilizes our cells machinery (the same machinery that makes our bodies proteins) to manufacture the viral protein. This noninfectious viral protein (a small piece of the virus) is then released to our bloodstream. Our body then recognizes this foreign viral protein in the bloodstream and an immune response is developed. The MRNA (recipe) is supposed to degrade after being used and is not incorporated into our genes.

Traditional vaccines utilize live attenuated (weakened) viruses, viral or bacterial pieces to develop the immune response.

Pretty interesting stuff. Kinda like hijacking ur body to make the viral protein rather than injecting the actual viral protein to develop immunity.

You are 100% correct on the long term effects with this technology....just gonna have to wait and see.

BTW, I got the pfizer vaccine. Had a sore arm for a few days and a headache. 2nd shot next week. I have heard people in my healthcare system have developed fevers, headaches, and chills with the 2nd shot. Data has shown that more side effects/reactions have been seen with the 2nd vaccination.
burtin163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:57 PM   #52
Pacific Fisher
Tuna!

Received first shot of Pfizer today. A little burn on the injection. A slight headache starting two hours later. I was the last person to receive Pfizer before they switched to Moderna. I was hoping for Moderna as the latest data shows Pfizer 90% effective and Moderna 95%.
I will follow up tomorrow.

Craig Bell
Old 01-15-2021, 08:51 PM   #53
Hold Fast
Steelhead

I was offered the shot last week due to my work. I turned it down. I rode in a vehicle with a dude for two weeks, 16 hours a day, earlier in the year. He got it and I didn't (as far as I know)... so I figured someone needs it more than me.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:49 AM   #54
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Hope my turn comes soon, as I work with the public.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #55
Pacific Fisher
Tuna!

Arm is a little sore but no other reaction this morning.

Craig Bell
Old 01-16-2021, 10:08 AM   #56
STGRule
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G Baldi View Post
News today is CDC and White House are announcing the release of the held doses and encouraging states to open the door to anyone 65 or older and anyone with comorbid conditions.
It appears somebody lied. There are no stockpiled vaccines. No increase in shipments.
STGRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #57
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by STGRule View Post
It appears somebody lied. There are no stockpiled vaccines. No increase in shipments.
Imagine that.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #58
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by STGRule View Post
Good gosh I hope the government was not stockpiling these as doing so would defeat the purpose. I think the only thing the government was doing is designating how much went where. If you didn't California and New York would have it all and Wyoming would get their vaccine in 2025. Your friendly media twisted the story somewhat along with some uninformed health officials. I was glad to hear we had no stockpile of vaccine it needs to be going towards saving lives. Then to hear scheduling of people to get these shots is so poorly organized a lot of vaccine is having to be thrown away due to time.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:50 AM   #59
shin09
Chromer

Well, stockpiling isn't probably quite the correct term. They were supposedly holding back doses so that there was reliable supply for when people needed their second round.
shin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:20 AM   #60
Kimbrey
Steelhead

I just became eligible so signed up and will hopefully get an appointment soon. Kind of disappointed reading about some of the reactions....I was hoping I'd start to grow some hair on top of this old bald head....oh well.