Tinks illegal... - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 11-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
piscean
Tuna!

Default Tinks illegal...

So Tink's eustrus spray is illegal to use now...correct??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

piscean is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
Cathunter1
Sturgeon

Has to be synthetic, right .
Cathunter1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #3
piscean
Tuna!

Default Re: Tinks illegal...

Thats what I think...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #4
in 'em

Synthetic is fine from my understanding, yes....not sure how to tell if what you have is synthetic. They just don't want real pee out there to spread diseases or something I think it was...
in 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #5
loper
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by in 'em View Post
They just don't want real pee out there to spread diseases or something I think it was...
Specifically CWD prions found in deer urine
Old 11-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #6
in 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by loper View Post
Specifically CWD prions found in deer urine
Yeah that's what I meant.....lol
in 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #7
444Marlin
Tuna!

Yes regarding the diseases. And not to mention, it smells bad.
444Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
Cathunter1
Sturgeon

State police and game officers can tell what is real or synthetic,from a year long taste test study .Sooo watch it !!
Old 11-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #9
Wreckless
King Salmon

Thet taste the same to me.
The above was a poor attempt at humor. Please don't drink deer lure/urine.

"Today's the day"......Mel Fisher
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:34 AM   #10
Cathunter1
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
The above was a poor attempt at humor. Please don't drink deer lure/urine.
The consumption of these have side effects .Be very careful!.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #11
444Marlin
Tuna!

Drink everything in moderation.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:43 PM   #12
Reel fortunate
Ifish Nate

After drinking in moderation, do not turn your back and be very aware of your surroundings. (Its that time of year)
Old 11-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #13
444Marlin
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel fortunate View Post
After drinking in moderation, do not turn your back and be very aware of your surroundings. (Its that time of year)
I was recently reading about the Maasai, who I highly respect as hunters and they also paint eyes on their backs to protect them from lions:

The Maasai usually have a drink obtained by mixing milk with bovine blood; the blood is obtained by making an incision in a cow’s jugular artery with surgical precision, in this way it is possible to collect a reasonable quantity of blood without killing the animal; the wound will heal up within a few days.

Blood mixed with milk is used as a ritual drink in special celebrations or given to sick people to foster the healing process.

Milk is also left to ferment with blood, and sometimes with bovines’ urine; this is done by using pumpkins, emptied of their pulp, as containers; these natural amphoras act as “fermentation chambers” for milk that, thanks to high daytime temperatures, turns into a kind of thick, sour and dark-colored yoghurt, due to the coagulated blood.

Blood is not only drunk fresh or coagulated, it is also boiled and used as an ingredient in soups and stews, where it is accompanied with ugali, a typical dish made from smashed white corn.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:32 PM   #14
Reel fortunate
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444Marlin View Post
Quote:
I was recently reading about the Maasai, who I highly respect as hunters and they also paint eyes on their backs to protect them from lions:

The Maasai usually have a drink obtained by mixing milk with bovine blood; the blood is obtained by making an incision in a cow’️s jugular artery with surgical precision, in this way it is possible to collect a reasonable quantity of blood without killing the animal; the wound will heal up within a few days.

Blood mixed with milk is used as a ritual drink in special celebrations or given to sick people to foster the healing process.

Milk is also left to ferment with blood, and sometimes with bovines’️ urine; this is done by using pumpkins, emptied of their pulp, as containers; these natural amphoras act as “fermentation chambers” for milk that, thanks to high daytime temperatures, turns into a kind of thick, sour and dark-colored yoghurt, due to the coagulated blood.

Blood is not only drunk fresh or coagulated, it is also boiled and used as an ingredient in soups and stews, where it is accompanied with ugali, a typical dish made from smashed white corn.

That takes primitive to a whole new level! All stick to a tea bag and shot !
Old 11-21-2020, 06:41 PM   #15
the-next-one
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
L
. Well played!!
the-next-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #16
444Marlin
Tuna!

Quote:
That takes primitive to a whole new level! All stick to a tea bag and shot !
Those fellas are tough as nails. I don't think diet has much to do with it, but if they can stomach that brew, I bet there's not much that bothers them when they are on the hunt.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #17
piscean
Tuna!

I have seen the ritual on national geographic and by god, its not for weak belly. I know a masai fella....kuto...pretty awesome guy...no other human on this planet can walk faster than a masai.

And thank you for all insight on real/synthetic urine. Will believe the word of LE on taste

To hijack my own thread...is this a cow or small bull. I think a cow will have a lil more expanded rib cage.

Last edited by piscean; 11-21-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:34 AM   #18
Maidu Man
Fry

Quote:

The Maasai usually have a drink obtained by mixing milk with bovine blood; the blood is obtained by making an incision in a cow’s jugular artery with surgical precision, in this way it is possible to collect a reasonable quantity of blood without killing the animal; the wound will heal up within a few days.

Milk is also left to ferment with blood, and sometimes with bovines’ urine; this is done by using pumpkins, emptied of their pulp, as containers; these natural amphoras act as “fermentation chambers” for milk that, thanks to high daytime temperatures, turns into a kind of thick, sour and dark-colored yoghurt, due to the coagulated blood.

The "eyes on the back" thing is for villagers who go into the woods to take care of business. Cats attack from behind. It's common in India for villagers relieving themselves to wear hats with faces painted on the back for the same reason (tigers). I've seen knit caps for sale in the U.S. with eyes on the back, purportedly for the same use in mountain lion country. No reviews from people saying they didn't work.
Maidu Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:05 AM   #19
DogZilla15
King Salmon

"Saying they didn't work." That's a good one MM.
DogZilla15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #20
Stick'em
King Salmon

Tink is a hoot. He visited our Virginia Clubhouse a few time back in the day. BS’er extraordinaire.. Caused a huge stir among the millionaires when he built a log house in a very exclusive neighborhood along the Potomac River. Anywho, he gave out a lot of that #69 and I tried it several times which was absolutely ridiculous because the state was overrun with deer. I didn’t see any appreciable difference in using it. But like I said. My test was a tad unfair. Warning: Don’t spill it in your truck.

Last edited by Stick'em; 11-22-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Stick'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #21
piscean
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidu Man View Post
The "eyes on the back" thing is for villagers who go into the woods to take care of business. Cats attack from behind. It's common in India for villagers relieving themselves to wear hats with faces painted on the back for the same reason (tigers). I've seen knit caps for sale in the U.S. with eyes on the back, purportedly for the same use in mountain lion country. No reviews from people saying they didn't work.
The area is called Sundarbans...infamous land of maneaters. Tigers extraordenaire...which have taste for salt and can outswim fastest human world record swimmers. Mangrove specialsists. Villagers....women and kids who work in rice paddies (men fish to support family) wear mask backwards to fool tiger that they are watching cuz a cats primary instinct is to pounce from behid, severing prey's spine at the neck. They work in rice paddy with masks on backeards....but ...outcome is usually gruesome...there were pics I have seen that the tiger was eloping through mangrove with a woman in its jaws...and just runnning/swimming/wading through coastal mix of fresh and salt water. Some of the heaviest and thickest tigers in India. On a diesel run broken engine and a handmade less than 3 feet wide/15 foor or more long....thing called boat (I could see water coming through several holes but the rower will take 10/20 second break to pour that water out with a plastic container which has seen better days years ago) I was just praying to God to be on the bank ASAP. Folks in that part of world keep local fish/minnow in earthen potable/drinking water since they love fishy smell/aroma so much (to me it was staunchy..blehh.. yukk and I'm sorry ) Rice and fish is the primary diet (in eastern india bordering with Bangladesh).
Enough of geography..lol.
No way the elk tink estrus going in my truck. I remember years ago my friend sprayed some and the wind turned....I stepped away quick but he felt the wrath..it got in his mouth and face. Poor guy

They were selling this 'Secret Elk Sauce' in the pacific nw sportsman show...reminded me of milder version of DUI - DEER UNDER INFLUENCE which is pretty well known and works for corn field hunters.
My secret scent is to sit quiet without any movement but seems like its no secret to critters but only me ...did yesterday for 3/4 hrs...when I got up my left foot was like numb..and that tingly feeling...if you sit on toilet reading newspaper too long

Last edited by piscean; 11-22-2020 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:27 AM   #22
444Marlin
Tuna!

Bear Grylls has made a career of drinking tinkle and water out of animal dung. I wonder what his thoughts are painted eyes on the back of the head to fend of big cats?

So in conclusion:
1. Yes, deer and elk tinkle is illegal in Oregon.
2. It smells and tastes bad...but taste is relative depending on your background. Some folks drink bacon beer!
3. It doesn't work.
4. Having eyes on the back of your head in lion country may or may not work. But it's probably better if you didn't smell like deer tinkle or fermented minnows, regardless.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #23
Cathunter1
Sturgeon

Quote:
Bear Grylls has made a career of drinking tinkle and water out of animal dung. I wonder what his thoughts are painted eyes on the back of the head to fend of big cats?

So in conclusion:
1. Yes, deer and elk tinkle is illegal in Oregon.
2. It smells and tastes bad...but taste is relative depending on your background. Some folks drink bacon beer!
3. It doesn't work.
4. Having eyes on the back of your head in lion country may or may not work. But it's probably better if you didn't smell like deer tinkle or fermented minnows, regardless.
Side effects if you are tasting the Tinks from I have seen ,the testers are rubbing all the trees and making scrapes all over .
Old 11-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #24
piscean
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathunter1 View Post
Side effects if you are tasting the Tinks from I have seen ,the testers are rubbing all the trees and making scrapes all over .