Purchase deer tag after season start? - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 10-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #1
goodhunting
Steelhead

Default Purchase deer tag after season start?

Looking for accurate info. Can a big game tag be purchased after the season starts? I was planning to take two teenagers for a deer hunt this year. One of them did not buy his deer tag prior to the start of season. The wording in the regulations suggests to me that one could still buy a tag at an ODFW office after the season start date. But then I have seen other discussions (including talk of an affidavit) which leads me to believe the purchase must be made prior to season, and then a tag could be printed after the start of the season at the office is lost or forgotten. Thx.

goodhunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
Whatchaketchemon
Chromer

Default Re: Purchase deer tag after season start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhunting View Post
Looking for accurate info. Can a big game tag be purchased after the season starts? I was planning to take two teenagers for a deer hunt this year. One of them did not buy his deer tag prior to the start of season. The wording in the regulations suggests to me that one could still buy a tag at an ODFW office after the season start date. But then I have seen other discussions (including talk of an affidavit) which leads me to believe the purchase must be made prior to season, and then a tag could be printed after the start of the season at the office is lost or forgotten. Thx.
It can be purchased after the season has started. Just have to go into an ODFW office and have it done and pay the extra fee.
Whatchaketchemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Trophy Bonded
Chromer

They can be purchased after the season starts. I have also heard that there is an affidavit to sign. Cannot verify that though. I will call my buddy as he did it last week.

TB
Trophy Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #4
gettin' fishy
Sturgeon

It is possible. You have to sign and affidavit that you have not hunted and pay an additional fee.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
gettin' fishy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
robby
Steelhead

I did it this year. Stopped in La Grande ODFW office after calling the night before. I waited about 15 minutes after 8:00 and nice person called me. I stated I hadn’t hunted, paid the fee cc over the phone and my phone updated in a matter of seconds. I was on my way to deer camp. This was 3rd day of the season. I don’t know if there is a time limit. Because of Covid no paper to sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robby is offline   Reply With Quote