OTC results 2020 - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 09-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #1
Seelicious
King Salmon

Default OTC results 2020

Another great tournament is in the books and the Food Bank was once again the big winner!!

4 totes of fresh tuna will be canned for the Food Bank thanks to Doug at Anderson Roofing and Bell Buoy!!

Tournament Winners:

1. Boilermaker
2. Deep Blue
3. El Jefe

Big Fish (Clemensea & Rebel tied)

Pelagic pot had two bluefin caught.

Huge thanks to all the teams for their participation!

Multiple boats hooked fish that spoiled their gear!!!! The BFT are in the house!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
fishin"G"man
Ifish Nate

Default Re: OTC results 2020

Congrats !!!
fishin"G"man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:07 PM   #3
bloodontheriver
Steelhead

Anybody have a picture of the big fish dinner?
bloodontheriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2020, 07:27 PM   #4
Catch n' Fillet
Steelhead

What was the weight of the big fish? How far out did the fleet go? We were out on the 125 to the north and only saw a few boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catch n' Fillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:09 PM   #5
Foreel
Tuna!

How about some kind of report. Please.
Foreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #6
Fishfeet
King Salmon

BFT! the new Orygun sport fishy!
Old 09-20-2020, 09:23 PM   #7
fish Addict80
Tuna!

I know most boats went north and most caught very few. I heard lots of 0-7 reports though El Jefe found a school and got twenty some. Heard several reports of large bluefin sighted and some hooked with guys getting spooled.

We went north on Friday and got 2 average fish so on Saturday we went south. Caught fish near the twins right away with only half the spread in the water. Thought it was gonna be a day to fill the boat quick. Got one trolling then 3 more on jigs in the first 20 minutes. Fish didn’t stay with us and we would troll one or two every once in a while and got a couple on jigs at most troll bites. If we marked a school we would slow or stop and jig. Most hook ups came on flat falls and flutter jigs though I did get one deep with a 200 gram saltiga sacrifice jig.

While trolling we marked a good school and stopped the boat and dropped jigs. Got one hookup that turned out to be a 15 pound bluefin. Managed to lose 4-5 fish and landed a dozen for the day. One of the lost fish was on bait and was on a long time before the hook pulled. Easily would have been our biggest fish. Ended weighing 112.45 for second place and the pelagic side pot.

Boilermaker also went south and a bit farther west of us. Got slightly bigger fish to take first but only caught the 5 fish if I recall right. Few fish spread out in a larger area with the occasional larger school to be found. If you are happy with one fish a guy average it is worth it. We caught fish at 124 38-40 above the 45. Heard others went to the 125 and beyond for a couple fish or less. Wind blew from the south around ten all day for us.

I am very happy with the weekend overall and I Congrats to team Boilermaker!

Cheers!
Old 09-21-2020, 06:45 AM   #8
Seelicious
King Salmon

We targeted BFT on Sunday with no luck other than one big Albie...amazing ocean!

Saturday better numbers of fish caught 125:02-05 straight out.

Swim baits caught more fish anything else for us.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #9
snlphillips
Chromer

Thank you OTC crew and organizers. I'm glad we had the opportunity to compete during all the other abnormalities of 2020.

TunaTinder fished north both days, inside the corner. Friday we had 5 decent fish. Saturday we went back there but couldn't find that school. Ran north and south a bunch to locate them but only ended up with 2 fish. If we had caught Friday's fish on Saturday, we would have made the podium. Oh well, that's fishing! We had a blast on a flat ocean both days. Bottom fished my way back to Ilwaco on Sunday on the flattest ocean I've seen all year. Sunny skies and clean clear air felt amazing.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #10
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlphillips View Post
Thank you OTC crew and organizers. I'm glad we had the opportunity to compete during all the other abnormalities of 2020.

TunaTinder fished north both days, inside the corner. Friday we had 5 decent fish. Saturday we went back there but couldn't find that school. Ran north and south a bunch to locate them but only ended up with 2 fish. If we had caught Friday's fish on Saturday, we would have made the podium. Oh well, that's fishing! We had a blast on a flat ocean both days. Bottom fished my way back to Ilwaco on Sunday on the flattest ocean I've seen all year. Sunny skies and clean clear air felt amazing.
Heard you guys searching up in our area Saturday, wished I had good info to give you then but we were just picking off singles here and there a little north of you and nothing to call anyone in to.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Quiet Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #11
SaltH2ONubie
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish Addict80 View Post
Ended weighing 112.45 for second place and the pelagic side pot.
Cheers!
Luke,
Another good OTC finish. Congrats
Ed
SaltH2ONubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #12
geterdone
Tuna!

We had a great time. Like most we fished north both days, 3 fish Friday and 4 fish Saturday. All but 1 fish were in the 14-17lb range, and Friday we had a bigger one at 24.5 lbs weighed in. El Jefe got us by less than a pound for big fish Friday.

Scratch fishing at best for us, only 2 fish came in on jig. Dumped a ton of bait both days to try to get something going but it just would not happen.

Enjoyed the flat ocean, made it much more enjoyable for us little boat guys. Can't wait for OTC 2021 when we have a more normal tournament.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #13
The Overfishin Condition
King Salmon

It was a beautiful ocean. It’s always nice when everyone can safely and reasonably participate! I wish the fish were a little more cooperative. It’s a rough go when I think our 27 fish was the most combined for the two days.

I had a great time fishing on El Jefe! Can’t wait to see someone land one of those big BFTs!