Lab/Pit Mix - www.ifish.net

The Classifieds section of ifish is for one time private sales. Multiple production of one item may not be continuously advertised.
These boards use excludes any legal business, unless those businesses are specifically Ifish vendors. www.ifish.net assumes no responsibility for items bought, sold or traded. Transactions are between private individuals and normal caution should be exercised.

Please notify a moderator when your item has sold!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Classifieds > General Class Ads

Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
fishnpray
Chromer

Default Lab/Pit Mix

Looking for a new home for our dog. She is a six year old lab/pit mix that we got as a rescue when she was 1. Tough decision, but after multiple attempts at training and difficulty with attacks on small dogs and other small animals, we are needing to find a new home for her. She is loving and kind with humans, including our boy, and has never displayed aggressiveness with them. Part of it is we simply do not have the ability or space for her. Please reach out via private message.

Advertisement

Old 06-28-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
fishnpray
Chromer

Default Re: Lab/Pit Mix

Bump for a great dog for a single guy with no other pets....
Old 06-29-2020, 11:43 AM   #3
blueduck
Sturgeon

Yesterday a pit mix on a leash made an unprovoked attack on a Corgi also on a lease along the walking path behind my home. I guess the two gals just couldn't resist the dog's request to 'meet and greet'. The lady had one heck of a time getting it's jaws off. I understand this is not the first incident. Lots of crying going on. Shook up that whole end of the neighborhood. When I walked off the lady was still sitting in the grass crying and shaking her head about why the sweet dog she rescued did that again. You cite multiple attempts at training and multiple attacks on small dogs and other animals. I have yet to learn of any training that rewires the genetically programmed dog aggressiveness in some of these dogs. If you don't mind me asking...why would you pass along your (everybody's) problem to someone else? One simple moment of inattention or failure to recognize a developing situation and there's another injured or dead pet and people crying.
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 12:11 AM   #4
Finn-icky
Ifish Nate

I love dogs so this may sound mean but IMHO the best thing you could do is have it put down. You, nor anyone else are going to change this animals behavior. Sounds like a law suit waiting to happen after another animal or person are injured.
Finn-icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
Blue fin
Tuna!

Saw a AKC cocker spaniel adult male for free in an ad years ago. Talked to the owner and took my 10 yo daughter with me to have a look. Dog was friendly with the owners young daughter as well as mine. Decided to take it home but I asked the guy what if it doesn't work out. He said if you take him home he's yours. I don't want to break my daughter's heart again. Alarms went off in my head but I took him home anyway.

As soon as he saw my 3 yo son he went after him... My son was fast enough to shut himself in his room and got away. I've trained quite a few dogs and am very good with them. In the next 2 weeks I did everything I could to get the dog adjusted to my son. No dice... He loved my daughter and never showed any form of aggression to her or my wife. He actually bared his teeth at me once and was corrected and didn't do it again.

I finally decided I couldn't train the dog and he was too dangerous to have around my son. What do I do now? The only answer was what his owner should have had the juevos to do... I took him to the pound and explained the danger he was to any male and had him put down. Still feel bad about it but I would have felt a lot worse if the dog had hurt someone else's son......

Last edited by Blue fin; 06-30-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Blue fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:19 AM   #6
boatman
Tuna!

Has bad as a joke I think Judge Judy is, check with her on pitbulls or mixed. Also check you home owners insur.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #7
fishnpray
Chromer

Appreciate the input fellas. I'm sure all of you are right and she needs to be put down. I struggle hard with that, because she is not aggressive towards people at all and never has been. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #8
Sneaker
Tuna!

Tough call.