WTB Garmin Echomap 93/94SV head unit - www.ifish.net
The Classifieds section of ifish is for one time private sales. Multiple production of one item may not be continuously advertised.
These boards use excludes any legal business, unless those businesses are specifically Ifish vendors. www.ifish.net assumes no responsibility for items bought, sold or traded. Transactions are between private individuals and normal caution should be exercised.

Please notify a moderator when your item has sold!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Classifieds > Boats and Tackle For Sale

Old 02-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #1
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

Default WTB Garmin Echomap 93/94SV head unit

Looking for an extra Garmin Echomap 93/94SV head unit for a second station on my boat. Transducer not needed.

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Fish mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
clear-cut
Steelhead

Default Re: WTB Garmin Echomap 93/94SV head unit

I don't know if this will work for you but i have a spare head GPSMap4208
clear-cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
CopperMan
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish mojo View Post
Looking for an extra Garmin Echomap 93/94SV head unit for a second station on my boat. Transducer not needed.
Another consideration is using Garmin's ActiveCaptain to set up a WiFi connection to a handheld device like a smart phone or a tablet. I recently bought a 93SV and have not installed it yet. I have an older iPad that I intend to use for a second station. Here's connectivity instructions:

Good luck, CopperMan.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
Riverteeth
Tuna!

Copper man--

I am probably a little slow on the uptake here...............

So if I set up the Active Captain app on my tablet, link it to my Garmin 93/94: it will then show on the tablet's screen exactly what is being show on the head units screen? In real time, or is there a lag?? Thanks,

RT
Old 02-20-2020, 10:38 PM   #5
CopperMan
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverteeth View Post
Copper man--

I am probably a little slow on the uptake here...............

So if I set up the Active Captain app on my tablet, link it to my Garmin 93/94: it will then show on the tablet's screen exactly what is being show on the head units screen? In real time, or is there a lag?? Thanks, RT
First and foremost, I am NOT an expert on this and as a matter of fact the more I research this the more convoluted/confusing it's becoming. But, my intention is to use an iPad as a second screen for my 93SV.

This is a quote from one of Garmin's web pages: "Using built-in Helm, the ActiveCaptain app lets you view and control your compatible chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet, even when someone else is at the helm."

I saw a short clip in a video that showed the chartplotter and a smartphone with exactly the same info scrolling on the screen.

The thing I really hate about the app, is that you have to create an account with Garmin and register your devices. I understand that a lot/most people want to use the Activecaptain app to download and share maps. I just want to use existing maps, create my own, and/or enhance existing maps with more data I acquire by running my boat. I only want to use the wifi feature to run a second monitor so I don't have to be near the mounted chartplotter.
After I get the 93SV installed and working properly, I'll attempt to connect to it with an iPad. I'll post as I make progress or if I simply give up .

Cheers, CopperMan.

I just realize we've hijacked this thread that's supposed to be a "WTB" in the classified section. Sorry everyone!
Old 02-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #6
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

No problem about the information on the ipad options. I do have the active captain app on my existing unit. I like it for scouting out new waters for finding potential walleye spots with the mapping color coded depth contours.

I'll play around with syncing the ipad for the sonar side tomorrow. I'll be in my blue Lund between Sellwood and Spaghetti Factory- wave if you see me.
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Old 05-22-2020, 06:56 AM   #7
bankhog
Tuna!

Was anyone successful trying to use an iPad to mirror a Garmin with Active Captain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #8
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

I did get on the phone with Garmin tech support. They are easy to get ahold of and offer call back when the lines are busy.

I found out EchoMAP series will NOT mirror sonar of the head unit on an iPad. You can download the maps you own in the Active Captain app and see in real time.

I did want sonar at my transom station and I was able to find someone selling an extra head unit. I installed it and connected with the Garmin Marine Network cable (waterproof Ethernet). Does exactly what I wanted.

Garmin GPSMAP series does allow for mirroring your head unit with an iPad.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:26 AM   #9
fg127
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankhog View Post
Was anyone successful trying to use an iPad to mirror a Garmin with Active Captain?

Just this past week I sync'd my 942xs to both my phone and a tablet. They are not iThings. It was fairly easy.

You do have to set up an acct with Garmin. Their technical folks were great and helped me on several occasions.

The active captain app allows me to control all the features of my 942.
fg127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:56 PM   #10
bankhog
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish mojo View Post
I did get on the phone with Garmin tech support. They are easy to get ahold of and offer call back when the lines are busy.

I found out EchoMAP series will NOT mirror sonar of the head unit on an iPad. You can download the maps you own in the Active Captain app and see in real time.

I did want sonar at my transom station and I was able to find someone selling an extra head unit. I installed it and connected with the Garmin Marine Network cable (waterproof Ethernet). Does exactly what I wanted.

Garmin GPSMAP series does allow for mirroring your head unit with an iPad.

Thank you