What brand fluorocarbon? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 11-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
FishOnShawn
Ifish Nate

Default What brand fluorocarbon?

I usually run maxima ultra green 8lb leader for most of my fishing but sometimes find myself undergunned in some winter conditions. I'm probably going to bump up to 10 or 12lb floro leader this winter. What brands to people like to run and had good luck with?

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
Pensacola
Tuna!

Default Re: What brand fluorocarbon?

Segar
Old 11-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Guthooker
Sturgeon

seagar sts trout / steelhead works great been using it since it came out a few years ago.
Guthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
FishSlayer724
Coho

P-line cxx, is very strong it only comes in moss green I believe but very tough. That's what I run unless in using braid. Fish on
FishSlayer724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
DogZilla15
King Salmon

Fluoro not needed at all. P-Line CXX, 8 lb. summer and winter. Actual breaking strength close to 13 lbs. If not that, P-Line Fluoroclear 10lb.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
jagosh
Steelhead

Segar, though it took me awhile to get used to flouro, I no longer bother with mono because I like the consistency of it all. I could be persuaded otherwise though.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
denhambruce
Steelhead

Fluorocarbon is a marketing gimmick. Stick with mono
denhambruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:42 PM   #8
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhambruce View Post
Fluorocarbon is a marketing gimmick. Stick with mono

Disagree. I have seen it make a difference in clear water with warmer temps for fall and summer steelhead. For winter fish I would just use p line cxx or maxima ultragreen. Anything that gives an angler confidence is a good thing. If you aren't breaking off fish and your knots are good,and you feel good about using flouro in dirty water,buy the p line flouro. It's strong!
Cali stlhdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:53 PM   #9
Salmon N Steel
Ifish Nate

I like seaquar STS in 15# for vertical bobber fishing for steelhead, 10-12 bobberdogging beads. I haven’t had a breakage id blame on the line in 4 winters since I started using it.
Salmon N Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:54 AM   #10
fishnhunt13
Chromer

Seaguar sts
I use it for everything. Yes you can use regular mono but the fluoro is nicer. Just tying leaders you don't go through much material so the cost isn't great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
fishnhunt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:36 AM   #11
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

I have that Seaguar sts and I like it.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:58 AM   #12
Whethole
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali stlhdr View Post
I have that Seaguar sts and I like it.
X2. Best fluorocarbon, IMO. Pline a close second.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #13
carlosjr
Steelhead

depends what you're throwing. Reaction strikes, no need for flouro. If its delicate presentations, then either Pline CFX or Seagaur Blue label
carlosjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #14
Bob_Ross
Chromer

Keep in mind that if you're drift fishing fluro sinks so it can cause more hangups in my experience. Seaguar blue label, or STS has done real well for me in instances where fish are spooky. I've landed a few springers on a kokanee rod with 6lb while shad fishing in heavy current.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Bob_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:22 AM   #15
RipnLip
Fry

X42 for Seaguar STS.

10lb Seagar is not going to give you a big bump in strength over the 8lb Ultragreen though. Might want to try the 12lb STS and watch those knots if you want to really get a solid bump.

For those that think there is no difference in visibility of the flouro, drop it into a fish tank or big pitcher of water and see for yourself.

The density of the flouro also helps in many steelhead presentations (sinks faster)
RipnLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #16
Newclear Fishin
Tuna!

I started putting about a 6' bumper of 15lb floro on my bobber setup but still use 6,8,10lb cxx for leader depending on how ragin cajun the river is.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #17
PnwChrome
Steelhead

Seagar sts is my go too.
PnwChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:09 AM   #18
Artwo
King Salmon

Use to fish Ultragreen exclusively, switched over to P-Line CFX a couple years ago and prefer it much better. Winter steelhead I run 10 or 12 pound depending on water clarity. Just have to remember to pull the knot slowly and lots of lube as not to burn it. I definitely think it's upped my catch rate....
Artwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #19
Salmonater
Tuna!

Seaguar Premier, It does make a difference, biggest thing for me is the added knot strength under heavy load applications. Depending on species and water clarity it may not be needed. Fishing for Tuna and Springers, I won't leave home without it.
Salmonater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #20
Oregon-Jet
Tuna!

Interesting read on the fluoro vs mono.

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fi...-from-fiction/

I know when i switched to a Fluoro leader my steelhead catch seem to increase in our small streams out east.

><((((~>~~~><((((~> ~~~><((((~>
Winter's coming. Steelhead fishing is on !
Oregon-Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #21
eyeFISH
King Salmon

Weak, brittle, easily burnt when tying knots (and NO, spit can't compensate for poor tying/tightening technique), thick, stiff.

Never understood all the hype around an inferior product for the supposed advantage of being "invisible". Unless you're C&R fishing for highly educated fish in gin clear water, they ain't gonna care. They'll just zero in on your offering and aren't worried in the least about your line. For the salmon/steelhead-centric audience here, the only critter that might remotely care is a heavily pressured summer steelhead in low clear water.

The only time I ever tie with fluoro is when I'm in another guy's boat .... cuz that's their preference or it's all that they've got on board.

The only application I would concede where fluoro has any redeeming utility is leader material BEHIND a kicker flasher. The inherent stiffness will transmit the "kicker" action of the flasher to the terminal offering (be it bait, superbait, spoon, or spinner) better than a comparable length of mono.

Why not just use a shorter piece of mono to achieve the same result? The fish aren't gonna care either way.

Long Live the Kings!
eyeFISH.... The Keen Eye MD
eyeFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #22
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeFISH View Post
For the salmon/steelhead-centric audience here, the only critter that might remotely care is a heavily pressured summer steelhead in low clear water.
Salmon as well. In low clear water with 1000 guide boats on it flouro will catch you more fish. ESPECIALLY in water over 60+ degrees.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #23
Fishawn25
Cutthroat

I really like Seaguar Tatsu, but it's pricy. This season I tried out a spool of P-line SS, and it held up really nicely through countless chum.
Fishawn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:16 PM   #24
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Quote:
Weak, brittle, easily burnt when tying knots (and NO, spit can't compensate for poor tying/tightening technique), thick, stiff.

Never understood all the hype around an inferior product for the supposed advantage of being "invisible". Unless you're C&R fishing for highly educated fish in gin clear water, they ain't gonna care. They'll just zero in on your offering and aren't worried in the least about your line. For the salmon/steelhead-centric audience here, the only critter that might remotely care is a heavily pressured summer steelhead in low clear water.

The only time I ever tie with fluoro is when I'm in another guy's boat .... cuz that's their preference or it's all that they've got on board.

The only application I would concede where fluoro has any redeeming utility is leader material BEHIND a kicker flasher. The inherent stiffness will transmit the "kicker" action of the flasher to the terminal offering (be it bait, superbait, spoon, or spinner) better than a comparable length of mono.

Why not just use a shorter piece of mono to achieve the same result? The fish aren't gonna care either way.
Have you used seagar sts lately ? I don't have those issues using the pitzen knot and use 10/12/15 for steelhead and 20 and 25 lb for salmon. I look at it this way I'm going to buy leader regardless so any advantage is better then none. I have more fish cutting my braid on sharp rocks and ledges then issues with fluoro.
Guthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #25
Siletz Steel
Steelhead

Depends on what you are looking for in fluorocarbon line or leader? I've read articles from the experts that say always use leader but since I don't have ready access to a spectrometer I have to believe that if the label says 100% fluorocarbon regardless of the brand the refractivity index has to be within the same parameters. For me it all comes down to price on average I find that name brand fluoro leader is about $0.95 to $1.20 a yard so paying $15-20 for a 20-25 yard spool is hard to swallow. Fluoro line is more supple and holds knots with twists like clinch knots better. It is also much cheaper name brand fluoro lines cost about as much as premium mono lines. As for brands I've tried a ton of them from Seguar to Cabela's and for the most part they all work as advertised, however for the few times I use fluorocarbon I've narrowed it down to Berkeley Vanish and Berkeley 100% Professional Grade both are reasonably priced, come in a handy 110 yard top shot or pony spool (just right for fitting in a pocket or fishing vest) have decent abrasion resistance as well as good knot and overall strength. I use 8 and 10 lb for all my steelhead applications and bump it up to 14 lb when fishing chinook in the fall.
Siletz Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #26
bradly11
King Salmon

I have been using P-Line Shinsei Fluorocarbon pretty successfully. So much that it’s all I use for steelhead leader.
Salmon, I don’t fish conditions that would warrant a fluro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bradly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #27
WifiWizzard
Fry

Pick one Maxima the has the most stretch, Kovert has the least, IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D2A9E5B-4DDF-49C4-9645-10E5F00D929E.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	735065  
Old 12-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #28
apelily
Chromer

I find it amusing the ones that are saying you don't need florocarbon. Do you need it? No. Will it help you catch more fish? Yes but not always. Will it help you catch more fish in the Columbia? Yes but not always. Fish are not dumb and are skeptical and will study your offering for a while sometimes before committing. Little things all add up to success in fishing. With that said I use Seaguar blue label for every species. I have tested the all for strength vs diameter and it is the best but it ain't cheap. Trust me.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #29
denhambruce
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelily View Post
I find it amusing the ones that are saying you don't need florocarbon. Do you need it? No. Will it help you catch more fish? Yes but not always. Will it help you catch more fish in the Columbia? Yes but not always. Fish are not dumb and are skeptical and will study your offering for a while sometimes before committing. Little things all add up to success in fishing. With that said I use Seaguar blue label for every species. I have tested the all for strength vs diameter and it is the best but it ain't cheap. Trust me.
Can you please explain why it will help an angler catch more fish?
Old 12-02-2019, 03:21 AM   #30
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

Quote:
Can you please explain why it will help an angler catch more fish?
I have outfished people who were using regular monofilament leaders in warmer ultra clear flows in summer . This is a regular occurance on a certain river system I fish. Now,whether it is due to confidence or the refractive index of flourocarbon underwater,I don't know,nor do I care, I believe in the product . It is abrasion resistant and I have found I hang up no more than with mono.

I can't say it will help an angler catch fish on other systems,and I don't use it during the winter. I use it for a select few fisheries,and if you and I were to fish summer runs together I would challenge you to outfish me with mono, but that also could be because as a drift fisherman for steelhead,and presenting hardware,I'm one of the best I know.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #31
denhambruce
Steelhead

So what LB fluoro are you using during those low summer flows?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #32
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

Quote:
So what LB fluoro are you using during those low summer flows?
Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 AM   #33
denhambruce
Steelhead

Quote:
So this is exactly the point I'm getting at here.

I see it all too often where people are using 6 or 8lb leader with a line touted as being nearly "invisible" underwater. However I'd argue that an angler could downsize to 8lb mono in those same circumstances and see additional hookups as well. How is fluoro setting itself apart here?

In addition, if fluorocarbon is supposed to be nearly invisible in the water, why not use 15 or even 20lb line at all times?? With an invisible line shouldn't you in theory be able to bump up your leader so as to eliminate the risk of breaking off a fish?

Fluoro or not, an 8lb line is going to be very skinny and hard to detect just in general and I don't think the molecular make-up of the line is what matters here.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #34
OregonSteel
Tuna!

I'm sold on the abrasion resistance. Used the sts for the first time in 15 pound for a bumper while tossing spinners, and ended up using the same bumper for 2 days straight. It just refused to get knicked up. Pulled several spinners off snags as well, which would have broken 10 lb mono easy(my old spinner setup).
OregonSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #35
denhambruce
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonSteel View Post
I'm sold on the abrasion resistance. Used the sts for the first time in 15 pound for a bumper while tossing spinners, and ended up using the same bumper for 2 days straight. It just refused to get knicked up. Pulled several spinners off snags as well, which would have broken 10 lb mono easy(my old spinner setup).
You went from 10lb line to 15lb line and saw more abrasion resistance? Well DUH. Try using 15lb ultragreen and you'd probably be able to pull a small car out of the river too!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #36
nudibranchstyle
Cutthroat

Quote:

I've only had this problem using inferior and cheap fluorcarbon. Pline SS is great in the 10-20lb range for winter fish. Its extremely abrasion resistant and has the right amount of give for knots and some "shock" absorption. Pline SS is great on a hardware rod spliced into braid especially if you're fishing the bottom with your gear. I thought the same as you when I picked up some maxima fluoro, had knots break and the line was brittle. I know I'd be able to get away with ultragreen and be fine but the quality of the newer extruded fluorocarbon lines from Japan is really good.
nudibranchstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #37
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

Quote:
So this is exactly the point I'm getting at here.

I see it all too often where people are using 6 or 8lb leader with a line touted as being nearly "invisible" underwater. However I'd argue that an angler could downsize to 8lb mono in those same circumstances and see additional hookups as well. How is fluoro setting itself apart here?

In addition, if fluorocarbon is supposed to be nearly invisible in the water, why not use 15 or even 20lb line at all times?? With an invisible line shouldn't you in theory be able to bump up your leader so as to eliminate the risk of breaking off a fish?

Fluoro or not, an 8lb line is going to be very skinny and hard to detect just in general and I don't think the molecular make-up of the line is what matters here.
I don't need to try and convince anyone,I know that side by side,same test leader,I will outfish the mono guys in certain circumstances. Why are you adamant about something you haven't witnessed firsthand like I have. Maybe it's because I am a good fisherman,but these folks don't suck. So go ahead and stick to what you know. I for one will always fish with an open mind. It's why I was the first one in my crew of fishing buddies to start fishing plastic worms years and years ago before it caught on. It is also why I am the only one in my crew who drift fishes with spiral wrapped rods.

All I am saying is ,too often I have seen anglers using the status quo because of a theory . I used lefty reels before some of these old goat friends of mine. Many have since switched. I finally convinced a friend that his old round calcutta couldn't cast light weight lures as well as my Daiw SV TW reels. I don't know you sir,but you should invite me fishing. You might learn something . I'm just playing. My name is Robert Ford,and I approve of this message!
Old 12-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #38
Artwo
King Salmon

I don't have any scientific research, stretch data, abrasion data, etc. All I know is that I've fished Maxima Ultragreen for my leader for as long as I can remember up until two years ago. I decided to try fluorocarbon on a whim, found one I liked currently P-Line CFX, and my catch rate went up. Not sure if it's directly related to the use of fluorocarbon or not and don't really care. What I do know is, that I now fish with confidence with it and that in itself improves your catch rate for sure.....................

Last edited by Artwo; 12-03-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Artwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #39
FishOnShawn
Ifish Nate

Quote:
You went from 10lb line to 15lb line and saw more abrasion resistance? Well DUH. Try using 15lb ultragreen and you'd probably be able to pull a small car out of the river too!
Yeah but bumping up to 15lb mono might make the line more visable..DUH... if you dont like it dont use it but I'm really missing the point in you sh****** all over this thread about how floro is useless. The reason I asked about this is for coastal rivers only. And not just in high flows. When the water is super low and clear where I fish it can still be difficult to give chase if a fish runs down into the next hole and can be even harder to get them back up if they do so running a higher lb line weight while still maintaining stealth might help. I'll be able to apply a little more pressure and maybe keep them from running down river.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #40
denhambruce
Steelhead

Honestly I'm not trying to step on any toes here but as I read through these people's posts about why they like fluorocarbon I can't help but think that the so called benefits of fluorocarbon actually have anything to do with it!

So one guy says he uses fluorocarbon during the summer when flows are low and fish are spooky. Asks him what size line he uses and he says 8lb... 8lb line?! Thats practically trout leader of course you're going to get hook ups when using a line with diameter that small!

Then comes another guy who says he really like the abrasion resistance gained from fluoro after bumping up TWO line sizes from the 10lb mono he was using before! Of course the abrasion resistance got better... You just started using line that was 50% thicker than the one you used before!

To be totally transparent I have used a fluorocarbon leader when fishing jigs for steelhead 100% of the time ever since I first got into steelheading. But it wasn't til recently when I came across some of the articles that tout fluorocarbon as being more of a marketing gimmick than an actual improvement over mono. So, as an open-minded fisherman who has three Daiwa SV reels and only fishes spiral wrapped casting rods (sound familiar) I started to question whether or not it was worth it to spend 3x as much money on fluoro over regular fishing line.

All in all, I don't really have a problem with fluoro. I've caught plenty of fish on it and probably will continue to do so until I run out of the spools I have. All I'm saying is that when the marketed advantages of using fluorocarbon over mono are put to the test using actual science, these "advantages" stray further and further away from fact. If you actually consider yourself an open minded fisherman, read the first piece of that article linked above by Oregon-Jet or check out this article https://www.bigindianabass.com/big_i...orocarbon.html

If that doesn't make you even the least bit skeptical then you're either a flat-earther or you think Elvis is still alive..
Old 12-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #41
Whethole
Sturgeon

But Elvis didnt die. He just went back to his home world.

Den, you do have some valid arguments. During my summer month fishing experiences with both mono UG and fluorocarbon, I didnt notice any greater advantages with either. The biggest thing that effected my catch ratio was going down to 8 and 6lb line. That is until I was forced to use a back up rig one day after my other reel took a poop on me and it was spooled with 15lb UG and I hooked 4 steelhead on it. I think fishing gear catches more fishermen than anything else. That still dont stop me from giving it a spin. Its all about how you work what the good lord gave you.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #42
FishOnShawn
Ifish Nate

Yeah ok I get it. Most things for fishermen are gimmicks and the just the latest flavor of the week but it doesnt hurt to give it a go. I have used some floro in the past but always just went back to mono. But not all lines are created equal so I figured I'd see what most people believe in and give it a whirl again and see if it helps this winter or not. And if not so be it. I'll just switch back but it doesnt hurt to try.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #43
denhambruce
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOnShawn View Post
Yeah ok I get it. Most things for fishermen are gimmicks and the just the latest flavor of the week but it doesnt hurt to give it a go. I have used some floro in the past but always just went back to mono. But not all lines are created equal so I figured I'd see what most people believe in and give it a whirl again and see if it helps this winter or not. And if not so be it. I'll just switch back but it doesnt hurt to try.
Sorry Shawn, I wasn't trying to discourage you or anything. I just got caught up in the moment so to speak and me trying to win over an argument got the best of me...
Old 12-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #44
Seafan#12
Steelhead

P-Line CFX or Seaguar Blue Label. 100% Fluorocarbon. I’m a believer or sucker however you view it. It’s all I use for my leader material while summer or winter steelhead fishing. Only tip is to make sure you lubricate you knots while cinching them tight. I tie 99% of my leaders at home and tie my knots submerged in a bowl of water. Good luck this winter.
Seafan#12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #45
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

Quote:
Sorry Shawn, I wasn't trying to discourage you or anything. I just got caught up in the moment so to speak and me trying to win over an argument got the best of me...

More of a discussion than an argument. You needn't worry about it though. Because you really didn't read my last post . I'm tappin out bro lol fish your mono and claim you're the man because you read an artivle by some guy who fishes ditch pickles lol.

To anyone else who maybe read what I posted I stand by it that flouro in SELECT CIRCUMSTANCES will outfish the SAME pound mono,side by side.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:34 PM   #46
denhambruce
Steelhead

Quote:
More of a discussion than an argument. You needn't worry about it though. Because you really didn't read my last post . I'm tappin out bro lol fish your mono and claim you're the man because you read an artivle by some guy who fishes ditch pickles lol.

To anyone else who maybe read what I posted I stand by it that flouro in SELECT CIRCUMSTANCES will outfish the SAME pound mono,side by side.
Discussion? More or less I guess, but you really didn't provide much more than how good of a fisherman you think you are
Old 12-06-2019, 08:45 AM   #47
Jared Jorgensen
Ifish Nate

I don't use Floro much anymore, but I never had a problem using blue label for almost every application, from trolling low water Springer's to doggin'

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Jared Jorgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #48
slabhunter
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOnShawn View Post
I usually run maxima ultra green 8lb leader for most of my fishing but sometimes find myself undergunned in some winter conditions. I'm probably going to bump up to 10 or 12lb floro leader this winter. What brands to people like to run and had good luck with?

Blue label 30lb is what I use mostly in the low flow. Float with a jig and bead dangling below #65 braid mainline.

More of a presentation thing. I believe.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:06 PM   #49
Fishfeet
King Salmon

I'll just stick to my Maxima chameleon. 4# to 12#.
Always done right by me.
Never tried the Fluoro's of P-lines.
Have used the Maxima ultra green a few times. But it seemed too limp.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #50
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

My grandad swore by chameleon. He caught a lot of fish too. I still have his trusty heddon black beauty he got after the war. Sure it will catch fish,but I would never use that rod . This has been a fun thread because everyone has their own ideas. Each locale has it's own peculiarities of tradition. On a river I grew up fishing the thing we used spin and glos,flatfish,and spoons. On straight 15 maxima or you never land any of them. I seldom fish it anymore as those wild fish need all the help they can get.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #51
Siletz Steel
Steelhead

When I make my trips back home to the land where fishing for large toothy predators (that have a bad rep here in the PNW) both in open water and through the ice, 25 lb fluorocarbon leader (not line) is abrasion resistant enough to stand up to Northern Pike in the 40 inch range. When throwing bucktails or larger minnow baits for Pike and there are also Muskies in the mix I will bump it up to 30 lb. In this case it's the increased stiffness and abrasion resistance vs mono not the "invisibility" factor although it is harder to see than the standard wire leader.
Siletz Steel is offline   Reply With Quote